TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000)

Deadlift Form Check

https://streamable.com/mlpfd

5 rep PR from the other night. My deadlift has been feeling good lately, but this was my first time recording in a few months and these reps look a bit iffy to me. I'm not sure if my back is necessarily rounding, but it certainly isn't straight as it should be either. Especially upper back. Any cues to help with keeping the upper back tight? Also how is the starting position? Any other tips welcome.

rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not super concerned about the upper back position as it still appears to be within a neutral range, but you want to increase your thoracic extension in your deadlift, you probably already know the most common cues: chest up/out, and shoulders back/squeezed together (in a lot of case, the latter may be counter-productive for deadlifts if the goal is to maximise weight lifted).

I'm not a big fan of rolling the bar. It's not a bad method, per se, but it can be unreliable, and it appears to be unreliable in this circumstance. I noticed that the position you pull the bar back to before lifting it off the ground seems to have a little variance across the reps, and, especially from reps 3 onwards, the bar dips forward again just a fraction at the start of each rep. I prefer to set the bar up where I want it, then pull myself into the bar as I sink my hips into it. I find there's a tipping point where the glutes and hamstrings get eccentrically loaded, the lats are tight pulling the bar back into my body, and the bar itself has as much bend as it's going to get, and at that point the bar just starts coming off the floor. That gets a good, tight, consistent setup every time. But, your mileage may vary.

blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really not bad at all. But somethings that can make it better is: I noticed on the first rep, there's a little bit of a jolt as you initiated the rep, so that means there's still just a bit of slack there. Sometimes on the hip hinge, the bar is travelling around your thighs. I suggest trying a slightly wider stance to allow for a bit more space for the hips, also implement some external rotation on the hips and pushing your knees out and see if you can maintain a straight bar path.

ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10) ofgrammatology is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your form is fine.

tshamiryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep your chin tucked throughout the entire exercise. When your head is up like that, it puts your cervical spine in an undesirable position that will cause problems if you tweak it. Chin tucked, head down.