BluePhoenix78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Using more than one BCAA or PRE Workout product

I wanted to know if anyone has used more than one Pre-Workout and BCAA product at one time. I am currently switching between 2 different pre-workouts and BCAA's depending on the workout I do for the day or how I feel when I go to use the supps. I am not a bodybuilder, just a dad trying to stay fit and doing different programs that fit into my life.

Should I finish one brand, and then go to the next brand?

Is it ok to swap them daily?

Is there a certain point where I need to stop taking the supplements altogether for a period of time?

Does swapping out different brands change how they affect the body?

Any advice on this and other concerns that might come up with this situation?

I could do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't waste money on bcaa.

What is your daily protein intake?

For pre workouts what matters most is not over doing stimulants, or nitrates. Switching by day or workout or how you feel that day is fine and common / popular

There are some pred with ingredients that may benefit from consistent use but not that's not generally a pre thing.

There is no need to drop taking all supplements for a period of time. Most can be taken full time as long as you dose correctly (stimulants being the type most often overdone)
    Controlled Labs Rep
    nathan @ controlledlabs.com

TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TJM213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BluePhoenix78 View Post
    I wanted to know if anyone has used more than one Pre-Workout and BCAA product at one time. I am currently switching between 2 different pre-workouts and BCAA's depending on the workout I do for the day or how I feel when I go to use the supps. I am not a bodybuilder, just a dad trying to stay fit and doing different programs that fit into my life.

Should I finish one brand, and then go to the next brand?

Is it ok to swap them daily?

Is there a certain point where I need to stop taking the supplements altogether for a period of time?

Does swapping out different brands change how they affect the body?

Any advice on this and other concerns that might come up with this situation?
    First of all, expect comments like the one above that never answer your question, except for his comment on stimulants which I agree with. Second, to actually answer your question(s), IMO I don't think it matters if you switch brands of PWOs daily. I definitely wouldn't take both at the same time. I don't see why swapping would cause negative effects, especially if both have similar nutrition facts. I personally stop taking PWOs every so often because my body starts to build up a tolerance for the main ingredients, like caffeine. But I do take BCAAs every day, even on nonworkout days. I'm guessing your PWO is a typical caffeine, taurine, BCAA drink. That's what I take. I actually add an additional scoop of glutamine and BCAAs and sip it throughout my workout. Specifically, just one scoop of Optimum Nutrition Essential AMIN.O. Energy along with 5g of NOW Sports L-Glutamine Powder, and 5g of Now Sports BCAA. Seems to reduce DOMS for me if I drink this during my workout. Hope this helps.
    I would procrastinate... but I keep putting it off.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TJM213 View Post
    First of all, expect comments like the one above that never answer your question, except for his comment on stimulants which I agree with. Second, to actually answer your question(s), IMO I don't think it matters if you switch brands of PWOs daily. I definitely wouldn't take both at the same time. I don't see why swapping would cause negative effects, especially if both have similar nutrition facts. I personally stop taking PWOs every so often because my body starts to build up a tolerance for the main ingredients, like caffeine. But I do take BCAAs every day, even on nonworkout days. I'm guessing your PWO is a typical caffeine, taurine, BCAA drink. That's what I take. I actually add an additional scoop of glutamine and BCAAs and sip it throughout my workout. Specifically, just one scoop of Optimum Nutrition Essential AMIN.O. Energy along with 5g of NOW Sports L-Glutamine Powder, and 5g of Now Sports BCAA. Seems to reduce DOMS for me if I drink this during my workout. Hope this helps.
    More evidence that you're worried about stuff that doesn't actually make a difference. In your other thread you mentioned that you're not growing which is a dietary or training issue, but you're buying a bunch of supplements that don't actually do anything.

If you're meeting your macro daily, which you should be doing if you have any athletic or body comp goal, you don't need to supplement free-form amino acids. You're getting plenty from your diet.

My advice is that you stop buying all supplements, get your diet and training in order by heading to the nutrition and training forums on this site and then supplement as you need it.

You criticizing Farley, who does know what he's talking about, for helping OP with correct information based on what we know today is ridiculous. Nothing he said was incorrect, much of your advice or direction was incorrect.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary

I could do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TJM213 View Post
    The comment above did answer his question. Read it again if you don't understand
    Controlled Labs Rep
    nathan @ controlledlabs.com

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don’t buy BCAAs

https://mauiathletics.com/bcaa/

As an additional note: they won’t reduce DOMS unless you are eating less than 1.2g/kg pro per day.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.