Domino73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

High Testosterone and "low" free-testosterone

Hi!

I'm natty, 26 years old and practicing musculation for 8 month now.

6 days working out per week with a good program, 6 meal/day, supplementary vitamins like ZMA, vitamin D, acid aspartic, protein, creatin, whey, fish oil and quality food.
    I have huge gains, and wanted to have my testosterone and free testosterone check.

I have a high testosterone level (9.0 ng/ml and 31.44 nmol/l), but low free-testosterone (55.7 pmol/l and 16.1 pg/ml).

Comparaison of testo for a person in my range of age is 2.4 ng/ml to 8.7 ng/ml - 8.3 nmol/l to 30 nmol/l)
    Comparaison of free-testo for a person in my range of age is [30 pmol/l to 190 pmol/l] / [8.7 pg/ml to 54.7 pg/ml]

Also, they took my blood sample in the afternoon, they said it was ok, but I checked on the internet, and they said it's best to take it in the morning, because the testosterone can be 20/30% lower in the afternoon.

Thanks a lot guys, i'm really concerned, my doctor don't know anything about theses things, and i didn't find similar case on google, that's why i'm asking here

TLDR; I have higher than normal testosterone, but kinda low free-testosterone, is it important/normal?

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drop the D aspartic acid, see a urologist
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Drop the D aspartic acid, see a urologist
    Thanks for the answer!
    But why dropping the D Aspartic acid, is it related to the low free testo? Also why should I see an urologist, it might be something bad?

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Domino73 View Post
    Thanks for the answer!
    But why dropping the D Aspartic acid, is it related to the low free testo? Also why should I see an urologist, it might be something bad?
    DAA does not help increase test levels, and has actually been shown to potentially lower test levels after the first month in healthy adults. It really only as some semi decent data in infertile men.

Urologists tend to know the most about hormone therapy for men.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    DAA does not help increase test levels, and has actually been shown to potentially lower test levels after the first month in healthy adults. It really only as some semi decent data in infertile men.

Urologists tend to know the most about hormone therapy for men.
    Ok thanks, i'll drop the DAA then.

But do I really need hormone therapy or something like that, since I have a high testo level, but low free-testo?
    I mean, i don't understand why there is such a difference between my testo and my free testo.

JVee63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Domino73 View Post
    Ok thanks, i'll drop the DAA then.

But do I really need hormone therapy or something like that, since I have a high testo level, but low free-testo?
    I mean, i don't understand why there is such a difference between my testo and my free testo.
    Your shbg may be high, but I'm sure that wasn't tested. Also, good luck with finding a urologist that actually knows jack about male hormones and the latest proper protocols(don't hold your breath).

Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lord_Lemon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    aspartic acid is bad

look into 10-15mg a day of Boron for raising free test levels