Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rebekah2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy 5’4” Tall 29yo Lady, Severely Obese (Workout Suggestions?)

Hi I’m Rebekah, I’m 29 years old, 5’4” and 240+ lbs (over 40% fat BMI).
    Just sitting in bed, I can’t bend my knees “Indian-style”, they hurt so bad. Just standing up and walking is painful. The chronic pain could be connected to fibromyalgia as well.

I’m aware that diet is key to dropping the weight, so that I can get to a point where exercise feels better and is safer on my joints and muscles. My problem, however, is motivation. I’m too depressed and anxious to focus on diet alone. Exercising is likely going to be the boost I need to fight off the depression, improve my mood, and get me moving. (That kitchen isn’t going to clean itself, and the food won’t cook itself, and I have zero energy.)

I’m feeling kind of desperate and hopeless. Help?
    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. -Jim Ryan

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As you said diet is the key, although exercise you can tolerate will help and probably will improve your overall mood. Can you join a support group that will help motivate you on dieting, and use a personal trainer to get you on the right track with safe exercises, and possibly some advice on nutrition as well? Otherwise, there are a lot of resources online to help with both diet and exercise.