Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ted Cruz: Hong Kong is the new Berlin https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...he-new-berlin/

Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the Berlin Wall’s collapse. Its ruin would pave the way for the end of the Cold War and mark the abject failure of communism.

Throughout history, people of every color and creed have sought to flee the reach of communism. Tyrants know this, which is why the Berlin Wall was built — not to keep people out, but rather to keep people in.

Throughout the Berlin Wall’s existence, the Soviet Union’s communist regime in East Germany imprisoned and killed thousands of people yearning for freedom.

America did not bomb the Berlin Wall to the ground, or send in tanks to demolish it. Instead, the Wall’s collapse came as a result of peace through strength: rebuilding America’s military, pioneering missile defense technology, bankrupting the Soviet Union, and speaking truth to the oppression of the “evil empire.”

In 1987, President Ronald Reagan had stood before the Brandenburg Gate and made the simple yet transformational demand: “[I]f you seek peace, if you seek prosperity ... Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”

Three years later, the Berlin Wall fell to the ground. Speaking the truth caused the tyranny of East Berlin to crumble.

American values have immense power in advancing the cause of freedom.

Though the physical, graffiti-covered, concrete barrier was toppled in East Germany, modern Berlin Walls still exist today. Tyranny oppresses billions across the world — especially in China.

As the Chinese Communist Party continues to encroach on the autonomy of Hong Kong and eliminate the democratic norms there, the cause for freedom has never been greater.

Today, Hong Kong is the new Berlin.

China poses the most significant long-term geopolitical threat facing America and our allies. It is modernizing its military with stolen American technology and intellectual property, and China is using economic blackmail to coerce its neighbors and countries around the world.

And much like the people in the Soviet bloc experienced, the Chinese Communist Party engages in routine censorship and surveillance of its citizens and commits atrocious human rights offenses. They have created a 1984-style dystopia, with pervasive surveillance powered by innovative technology. Millions of detained Uighurs and other religious minorities are languishing in concentration camps while Falun Gong practitioners are allegedly murdered so their organs can be harvested.

As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, I’ve sought to highlight and counter how the party runs that dystopia. I’ve sponsored legislation and urged the Trump administration to block China’s access to American technology companies that provide DNA, voice and facial recognition tracking of minorities such as the Uighurs. Recently, the administration implemented my recommendations, and I applaud President Donald Trump for doing so.

All tyrants, including those of the Chinese Communist Party, fear the truth. And they fear dissidents.

As the son of a Cuban political prisoner, I know firsthand the power dissidents and their stories hold, and I have sought to shine a light on oppressive regimes around the world and to fight for those yearning for freedom.

While many Americans are familiar with Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey’s tweet signaling support for the Hong Kong protesters that sent the party into a tailspin, many may not be familiar with the story of the late Dr. Liu Xiaobo.

Dr. Liu was a pro-democracy advocate and Nobel Peace Prize winner who was unjustly imprisoned by the Chinese government for publishing “Charter 08,” an anti-Communist manifesto calling for political freedom and human justice in China.

I worked to shine a light on his plight, hoping to shame the party into releasing him, including through legislation that would have renamed the street in front of the Chinese Embassy in Washington, D.C., Liu Xiaobo Plaza. To the deep dismay of the party, my legislation overwhelmingly passed in the Senate, without a single vote against it.

Though the Chinese government acted too slowly to release Liu Xiaobo before he died in captivity, I continued to press them to release his wife, Liu Xia, whom they were also holding. And, in July 2018, they did.

What led to Liu Xia’s release was not an aircraft carrier pulling up along the Chinese coast, or American tanks rolling across the border. It was simply light and truth.

In October, as one of the first U.S. senators to visit Hong Kong since the marches began, I had the opportunity to meet with pro-democracy activists, dissidents and protest leaders there. I dressed in black in solidarity with them, and we discussed the critical importance of protecting Hong Kong’s autonomy, free speech and basic human rights.

Freedom from the tyranny of the Chinese Communist Party is the battle cry of dissidents in Hong Kong. What have they been waving? American flags. And what have they been singing? The American national anthem.

In the United States, it is easy to take for granted the rights that have made our country a shining beacon of freedom. But all Americans, including those employed by our sports leagues and our corporate giants, should remember that our unique defining principles have the power to tear down oppressive walls, topple tyrannies and promote freedom.

Because, as Reagan demonstrated, truth is powerful and can transform the world.

Ted Cruz is a Republican U.S. senator from Texas and a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He wrote this column for The Dallas Morning News.

China IS the Nazi in 2019 and that's a hard fact, no one can deny.

tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tyn89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

15+ police in full riot gear arrest an unarmed female teen.

XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tyn, do you feel the CCP will snap at some point?
    Wincel: "I'm saying even the govt of China, while brutal at times, is NOT our enemy. Period."
    Has Beowulf10 ever experienced true love? Where did he go?
    Education is humanity's key to salvation.
    The 2nd Cold War has begun.

Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    Tyn, do you feel the CCP will snap at some point?
    Yes. I seriously can't see how this could be resolved now without CCP snap at this. Of course, it would be seen as the "Hong Kong" government snapping but HK gov is just taking order from CCP now days.

At some point, hk government(CCP) will probably enforce a very strict curfew to stop people going out to protest. If a financial city like hk gets a curfew, it's done for the city, it will become just another city in China and loses its special status.

XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XterraRob has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tyn89 View Post
    Yes. I seriously can't see how this could be resolved now without CCP snap at this. Of course, it would be seen as the "Hong Kong" government snapping but HK gov is just taking order from CCP now days.

At some point, hk government(CCP) will probably enforce a very strict curfew to stop people going out to protest. If a financial city like hk gets a curfew, it's done for the city, it will become just another city in China and loses its special status.
    I wonder how the Politiburo is feeling about Xi's handling of the situation. Maybe they feel he is being too soft.
    Wincel: "I'm saying even the govt of China, while brutal at times, is NOT our enemy. Period."

Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Darkhare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Over 350,000 Hongkongers turned up for an 'unlawful' demonstration to fight for freedom

how can we get them guns?

I wonder how the Politiburo is feeling about Xi's handling of the situation. Maybe they feel he is being too soft.
    If I Only think about the political side for this situation - For Xi, it is an extremely tricky situation to handle for CCP. CCP can't give into any demands of the protesters because if CCP does give in, other Chinese cities see that protesting against CCP actually work, CCP is too damn insecure and they don't even want to see a revolution seed planted anywhere. Also, CCP's blind nationalism and propaganda need a firm leader to brainwash mainland Chinese.

But if CCP uses very excessive violent like 6/4/1989, it's just wouldn't fly with international standard anymore and destroy years of CCP's work of building a positive international image.

CCP probaboly didn't expect HK protesters to be this persistent for freedom and democracy since HK people only care about money in the past. To be honest, I didn't expect HK people to be this persistent neither - It's a miracle that this protest isn't losing any morale and it's still gong strong despite of various dirty tactics used aganist these protesters.

If I Only think about the political side for this situation - For Xi, it is an extremely tricky situation to handle for CCP. CCP can't give into any demands of the protesters because if CCP does give in, other Chinese cities see that protesting against CCP actually work, CCP is too damn insecure and they don't even want to see a revolution seed planted anywhere. Also, CCP's blind nationalism and propaganda need a firm leader to brainwash mainland Chinese.

But if CCP uses very excessive violent like 6/4/1989, it's just wouldn't fly with international standard anymore and destroy years of CCP's work of building a positive international image.

CCP probaboly didn't expect HK protesters to be this persistent for freedom and democracy since HK people only care about money in the past. To be honest, I didn't expect HK people to be this persistent neither - It's a miracle that this protest isn't losing any morale and it's still gong strong despite of various dirty tactics used aganist these protesters.
    Thank you for your insight, I didn't expect it to persist thing long too. The CCP has got to be getting desperate. Maybe they'll make something happen, a false flag, to justify military intervention in HK.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone see the old man get set on fire yesterday? It was supposedly done by a protestor, but I find that hard to believe. These people are fighting for democracy. Why would they light innocent people on fire? To me it stinks of a false flag. But who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    President Trump is 73 and doesn't wear glasses. Wanna know why? Because he's got 2020....

Originally Posted by A-GAME View Post
    Anyone see the old man get set on fire yesterday? It was supposedly done by a protestor, but I find that hard to believe. These people are fighting for democracy. Why would they light innocent people on fire? To me it stinks of a false flag. But who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's most likely a set up by the CCP/HK government.

He just left by himself calmly after getting set by fire. Most likely a paid stuntman.

if he's truly hurt or in serious conditions, it will be on the CCP's media outlet all day long lol.

Carrie Lam: Protesters are the enemy of the people

Real HK people's reaction to protesters now days:

https://twitter.com/cheriechancy/sta...27315149582338

cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just saw some dudes getting shot point blank by the pigs. Chit is getting crazy. HKers are some brave mofos
    bbsitum crew*

How much longer will the CCP allow this to continue?

Hong Kong police warn city is on ‘brink of total collapse’
    Hong Kong was on the “brink of total collapse”, the territory’s police warned on Tuesday as a second day of violence pushed the five-month crisis towards a new and more dangerous phase.

Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse protesters in the city’s financial district and at university campuses, a day after the shooting by police of a demonstrator unleashed a fresh wave of violence that continued late into the night.

At the Chinese University of Hong Kong, tear gas was fired as its vice-chancellor was trying to negotiate between student protesters and the authorities. “The police should not attack the campus and its students,” said one young protester at CUHK. “It is no different from June 4,” he added, referring to the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre in Beijing.

The city’s transport infrastructure was badly hit for a second day, with multiple metro stations closed and trains cancelled, forcing some commuters to walk along rail tracks. Many schools were also closed across the city.

“Over the past two days, our society has been pushed to the brink of a total breakdown as rioters went on a rampage in residential neighbourhoods and university campuses,” Kong Wing-cheung, a senior police superintendent, told a press conference on Tuesday. “Rule of law has been pushed to the brink of total collapse as mass rioters recklessly escalate their violence under the false hope that they can get away with it.”

The latest disruption came as the US appealed for calm on both sides following a steep escalation of violence since pro-democracy protests began in June. The latest clashes were in response to the death on Friday of 22-year-old Chow Tsz-lok, in what is being treated by some protesters as the first fatality of the crisis.

A total of 128 people were hospitalised following Monday’s clashes, including a man who was set alight by people following scuffles with protesters. A police officer was also suspended after video footage appeared to show him riding his motorbike into a number of protesters. The shot protester and the man who was set alight were both in a critical condition, according to Hong Kong’s hospital authority.

Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, Carrie Lam, Hong Kong’s chief executive, called protesters “extremely selfish” for paralysing the transport network. A day earlier, she had branded them “enemies of the people” who would never achieve their aims through violence.

Ms Lam also confirmed that the city would push ahead with local elections on November 24 that are the first big test of public opinion since the anti-government protests began. More than 100 public figures including Hong Kong’s former finance secretary had signed a newspaper advert demanding that the elections went ahead to prevent further divisions in society.

“We will try our very best to ensure the election will continue in a safe and orderly manner,” Ms Lam said. The latest Hong Kong Public Opinion Program released on Tuesday showed Ms Lam’s approval rating had slumped below 20 per cent, as her status as the most unpopular chief executive in the territory’s history fell to a record low.

A record number of pro-democracy candidates are standing in the elections and there has been an increase in voter registrations. But there have been at least seven attacks on pro-democracy figures and candidates recently. In addition, Junius Ho, an outspoken pro-establishment lawmaker, was stabbed last week while campaigning.

A US state department spokeswoman said Washington was watching the situation with “grave concern”, adding that the polarisation underscored the need for dialogue between the government and the protesters.

“We condemn violence on all sides, extend our sympathies to victims of violence regardless of their political inclinations, and call for all parties — police and protesters — to exercise restraint,” the spokeswoman said.
    https://www.ft.com/content/f9dc4286-...a-d9e2401fa7ca

Echoes of Tiananmen Square.

For anyone who buy into "China will become more like West and democracy", sorry man - that's not happening, not under CCP, not in a million years.

Hong Kong is the forefront of democracy and freedom in China and just look at how CCP is treating HK and you will have a good understanding how much CCP value democracy and freedom.

How much longer will the CCP allow this to continue?

Hong Kong police warn city is on ‘brink of total collapse’

https://www.ft.com/content/f9dc4286-...a-d9e2401fa7ca
    The police press statement is so full of chit, the police was the one who went on rampage into the university campuses/residential neigbourhoods and the "rioters" were all students of CUHK. They didn't want the police to be in campus and trying to protect the campus from the police. The students are very firm on not wanting any police in the campus.

CUHK sent out several persons to negotiate with the police, the police told the negotiators that they will back down a bit from the campus but right after they said they will back down, they suddenly started use TONS of tear gas and crush the students...

CUHK students defending their university, this is still on going as of now -

Last edited by tyn89; 11-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.

CUHK students defending their university, this is still on going as of now -

Dang lol.

noted that CUHK students haven't give up yet, it's still going on.

jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jackamo2887 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wonder where the families are of the riot police. This is some dystopian chit
    rep GMiscer and RICHSTRONG on sight crew.

Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Underwrought is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I just dont see how being peaceful will result in anything changing. As long the powers in charge aren't threatened nothing will change.

CUHK students have successfully defend their university from terrorist attack last night, don't know how much longer they can hold off these government back up terrorist.

knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Updates? They make any progress, or we still waiting for the CCP to come in and steamroll them?

Originally Posted by knightofday View Post
    Updates? They make any progress, or we still waiting for the CCP to come in and steamroll them?
    Waiting to for CCP to snap.

Originally Posted by knightofday View Post
    The CCP are probably not happy with what's going on but Hong Kong is essential, they need to maintain the 2 systems 1 country principle. The CCP were paranoid that the West was trying to overthrow their government during Tiananmen Square, I can't imagine what they are thinking now. And I personally believe this is the work of western intelligence agencies stoking the fire to force China's hand. The CCP will NEVER give into the demands of the protesters, so you can imagine that this will hit a breaking point soon.

Taiwan president Tsai Ying Wen just tweeted this message. We need more international leaders, presidents, to speak openly and plainly against Hong Kong government’s actions.

Taiwan can't fall into CCP's hand

The title of this thread has truly lived up to it now.

Students from the Chinese University of Hong Kong building brick walls to defend themselves from the police.

This probably wouldn't even stand one shot of water cannon though....

What is the CCP going to do?

Hong Kong protests: city crippled for third straight day as radicals torch tunnel tollbooths, take over roads in 10 districts and vandalise train stations
    Hard-core protesters crippled Hong Kong for a third straight day on Wednesday as they disrupted traffic and train services, forcing schools and businesses to close while major universities took the unprecedented step of ending term early in a bid to defuse the escalating violence amid a hardening political impasse.

After two days of the worst clashes between demonstrators and police in the past five months, the city woke up to more gridlock as the Cross-Harbour Tunnel had been barricaded as early as 6am, with roads blocked and trains slowing down after protesters wreaked havoc at several stations.

The radicals again put up barricades and used bricks and projectiles to carpet roads in multiple places, including in the Central financial district, Mong Kok, Kowloon Tong, Yuen Long and Tuen Mun.

Their actions continued throughout the day and, at night, a flash mob appeared at the Cross-Harbour Tunnel tollbooths and set them on fire, as panicked attendants fled in fear. The flames were put out quickly but less than two hours later radicals were back to set them ablaze again.

By night time too, mobs had taken over roads in at least 10 districts, putting up barriers made of bamboo and bricks mounted like Lego blocks, and setting objects on fire.

Fights and scuffles had once again broke out in various places throughout the day. Outside Sheung Shui MTR station, a 70-year-old man who was among residents clearing objects littered by protesters was hit in the head after his group and a black-clad crowd engaged in a brick-throwing skirmish.

The man, fighting for his life in hospital on Wednesday night, was among 58 people, aged one to 81, injured on Wednesday.

At Chinese University, where protesters and police engaged in a more than 16-hour stand-off and bitterly clashed at a pedestrian bridge, riot officers were nowhere to be seen on Wednesday.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...t-day-radicals