Enticed is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Initiating My Healthy Lifestyle - Asking for Assistance | 24yo Male

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. This post is basically me asking for some guidance, and if you continue to read, you'll understand why.

Highschool/Post Highschool:
    16-21 Years old~
    Weight: 110lbs~

During this time, I wrestled for my high school. I was always the lower weight class. I never really needed to worry about my diet, but I did do my lifting. Results weren't very noticeable for a skinny athletic teen.

21 Years old~
    Weight: 130lbs~

Now things got a little serious. I began going to the gym again with friends. I began lifting five days a week. Didn't each like I should but I seen little nooby gains. Focused on drinking my protein shakes and pre workouts. Began going out and acting like a college kid. I would wake up hung over, not eat and not have energy for the gym. "Missed 2 days this week? Why not skip the week", that was my mentality. Started to feel like ****. Didn't even wanna go bc people always told me to eat more but I didn't wanna eat too much were I would hurt myself long term. Sounds like an excuse now. Weird, I know...

22 Years old~
    Weight: 130-155lbs~

Started noticing those friends who stuck to the gym. They never went out as much, so I never really seen them. They were as small as me and asian so I thought "Wow bad genes didn't matter with consistency." I began going again and listening to my friends. I ate chicken rice and broccoli once at night but double the portion because I worked a lot (started to get into cars). Upgraded my car, felt great, so I wanted to see how it would effect me at the club. Effected me great! People started to notice so I got right back into that bad habit of going out thinking I was cool. Dumbass me, I'd say now. Once again the alcohol ruined it.

Now:
    24 Years old.
    I weigh about 130lbs. 5 foot 11 inches.
    I feel like ****. My girlfriend weighs more than me, it's embarrassing. I'm making much better money now but having to work 4-5 days doing 12 hour shifts, always on my feet. This past year I've had some major issues within my family that has been effecting me pretty bad. I'd almost say I'm anorexic. My diet has been one venti Iced vanilla latte every morning that I sip on throughout the day then I eat a big meal when I get home about 10pm. Bad? Of course I know it's bad. Now I can tell my lower back is getting weak because every morning I wake up and it's sore. I've been to the doctor and they tell me I need to stretch. Yeah stretching does help it. Yes my insides are fine, from what they've told me. But the past few months, it has crossed my head that I need to start eating right and getting into the gym to fix my posture and lifestyle. Because when I'm not standing at work, I'm sitting in my lowered sports car or playing computer games. This **** is getting old.

The only positive I have right now is I've been alcohol free for a few months. I don't plan to go back. I'll have a nice patron and pina every few months if need be or a glass of wine but I'm just done with it. I don't want to ruin my new life because of it again. And funny how that's one of the issues that caused me to go into my depression and hide from real life. Coffee/ energy drinks and work has been me the past two years and I want to leave it.

I do drink some coffee every morning but I'm trying to maintain it. I smoke marijuana occasionally. I've stopped the energy drinks and need to slow down on soda for sure. But in short, I'm asking where I should start. Is there any guides or walkthroughs with how I should go about starting to eat. Yeah yeah I know I just need to eat but I don't want to just eat **** or chipotle every day. I want to consider micros for once. Macros and calories are easy to understand from my previous nooby gains.

Where would you guys begin? My plan is to start eating right for possibly a month. Maybe go for walks around my naborhood. But my diet is my main focus. I do not want to take weight gainers. I rather make those myself.

Thank you guys for reading this if you did. It means the world.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    start by reading the stickies at the top of the page. It might also not be a bad idea to consult with a dr about your relationship with food
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would also recommend speaking to a professional considering how thing this has been going on.

As someone currently in recovery from an eating disorder, I can say the road is long and hard, and support is invaluable.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Thank you guys. Do you recommend a nutritionist specifically?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Enticed View Post
    Thank you guys. Do you recommend a nutritionist specifically?
    I think you need someone on the psychology end of things, not just a nutritionist. Someone specializing in eating disorders is ideal.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I think you need someone on the psychology end of things, not just a nutritionist. Someone specializing in eating disorders is ideal.
    But I can eat if I had the food. I just don't feel like it. I guess what I'm asking is what kinda meal plan do you think I should begin with? Lots of salads? Or can I jump right into carbs? I just been busy and had bad habits that I got rid of. But yes I plan to get bulking up. Should I just go straight into a bulking diet? Was hoping someone had close to the same experience as me.

Thank you though. I can understand how losing all this weight makes it impossible. I just know my body isn't hungry bc I haven't been eating throughout the day, but a big meal at night. I know a lot of people are healthy like that doing OMAD but I wanna get into a comfier body.

I believe I would go to a doctor if I just didnt ever eat.

But I can eat if I had the food. I just don't feel like it. I guess what I'm asking is what kinda meal plan do you think I should begin with? Lots of salads? Or can I jump right into carbs? I just been busy and had bad habits that I got rid of. But yes I plan to get bulking up. Should I just go straight into a bulking diet? Was hoping someone had close to the same experience as me.

Thank you though. I can understand how losing all this weight makes it impossible. I just know my body isn't hungry bc I haven't been eating throughout the day, but a big meal at night. I know a lot of people are healthy like that doing OMAD but I wanna get into a comfier body.

I believe I would go to a doctor if I just didnt ever eat.
    There is more at play here than just eating, you need to adjust your mindset, which is what a therapist can help with.

I'm not qualified to give you specific medical advice on gaining weight beyond that you should. You can 'jump into' anything you want so long as the scale increases, but again no one here is going to be able to give you specific advice because we don't know your health status.

OMAD and other 'diets' which restrict timeframes or foods are NOT going to help you.

earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    from what i read your main issue has to do with mentality and social reasons rather than food and workout. Definitely working out and eating well will help you have amore balanced life . The difficulty is in maintaining it for long term . You should find motivation and ask yourself why do you want to look good at the first place ? Is it for impressing the girls , is it for feeling good ?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by earthtospace View Post
    You should find motivation and ask yourself why do you want to look good at the first place ? Is it for impressing the girls , is it for feeling good ?
    without derailing the conversation too much, lifting for girls might not be the best source of motivation, they're more like a benefit.

OP, just start with some light exercise, eat well and see how you feel. even that might give you enough motivation to do things

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    without derailing the conversation too much, lifting for girls might not be the best source of motivation, they're more like a benefit.

OP, just start with some light exercise, eat well and see how you feel. even that might give you enough motivation to do things
    It's why I started weight lifting and kinda still do it for that reason to a point lol. Motivation comes in many forms take it where you can.

OP once your in the game of weight training and start to feel and see the progress you will want more and that will become the motivation in itself.

Just follow a designed program and aim for your macros whilst adding some veg and fruit after that you will begin to appreciate how nutritional foods can help with both your physical and mental state.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But I can eat if I had the food. I just don't feel like it. I guess what I'm asking is what kinda meal plan do you think I should begin with? Lots of salads? Or can I jump right into carbs?
    Yes you can eat plenty of carbs. Read the link below. Make sure you're gaining at least 2-3 pounds per month. If not eat more.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...3439001&page=1