fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Ice Bath help weight loss?

I just joined a new gym and they have a extremely cold Jacuzzi or bath. Its like going into a ice bath water. Does this help with weight loss or is it not worth the torture and I should do sauna instead?
    Last edited by fays12; 08-07-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sauna's do nothing for fat loss. They just make you lose water weight by sweating. However as soon as you drink some water, you regained all the water you just lost.
    Ice baths might actually burn some fat, since it will cost the body energy/burning calories to keep your body warm.
    However i don't know the amount of calories it will actually burn and i don't think it would be very pleasant either.
    You'll have to do some research to find out how many calories it will burn.

You're better off with just eating healthier/exercising more.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fays12 View Post
    I just joined a new gym and they have a extremely cold Jacuzzi or bath. Its like going into a ice bath water. Does this help with weight loss or is it not worth the torture and I should do sauna instead?
    If you are talking about a cold bath like athletes use it is for recovery. Supposed to help reduce inflammation and pain, like an ice pack for the body. Don't focus on trying to find a short cut for weight loss, its calories in < calories out.

fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Sauna's do nothing for fat loss. They just make you lose water weight by sweating. However as soon as you drink some water, you regained all the water you just lost.
    Ice baths might actually burn some fat, since it will cost the body energy/burning calories to keep your body warm.
    However i don't know the amount of calories it will actually burn and i don't think it would be very pleasant either.
    You'll have to do some research to find out how many calories it will burn.

You're better off with just eating healthier/exercising more.
    Thank you I was gonna do Sauna every day or cold baths

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fays12 View Post
    Thank you I was gonna do Sauna every day or cold baths
    I really don't recommend either. Cuz like i said, sauna's are useless and i don't know how many calories cold baths would burn, but it can also have dangerous side effects like hypothermia etc.

If you don't want to go on a diet nor exercise, try just drinking water and diet soda only.
    If you usually drink a lot of regular soda or fruit juices/milk/alcohol etc, then you'll already lose weight by simply no longer drinking those calories
    Cobra Kai never dies!

clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally enjoy the sauna. I like to step in there for about 15 or 20 minutes before I lift to get a sweat going and stretch out. Now, do I think it aids in weight loss in any way? Of course not.. but I enjoy the sauna.

So, do whatever you enjoy. If you want to freeze your balls off, do it. But nothing is going to help you lose weight except eating less and moving more.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by clwhoops44 View Post
    I personally enjoy the sauna. I like to step in there for about 15 or 20 minutes before I lift to get a sweat going and stretch out. Now, do I think it aids in weight loss in any way? Of course not.. but I enjoy the sauna.

So, do whatever you enjoy. If you want to freeze your balls off, do it. But nothing is going to help you lose weight except eating less and moving more.
    ^^^^

This

If you don't like your testicles then go ahead and freeze them will it help fat loss, nope. Will it help muscle aches, possibly. Are you completely mad for doing it quite probable.

Using saunas and ice baths are going to use such minimal calories that you might as well just not take a bite of a rice cake it my elevate your HR to cause calories burnt but really do you think sitting around and excessively shocking your body with ice baths is really that good for your heart just to burn minimal amount of calories.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ice baths can definitely have some benefits around recovery but I certainly wouldn't use them for a weight loss tool. They are pretty miserable too, I've done the contrast tubs before (a few minutes in ice followed by a few minutes in a hot tub and do that for 3-4 cycles) and it helped me recover (playing in a week long baseball tournament) but it was not fun.

FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In Finland (my second country of citizenship), it's common for saunas at weekend cottages to be adjacent to a lake. The tradition is to roast in the sauna for a while and then immediately jump into the cold lake. It's fun and exhilarating, but it really has nothing to do with weight loss. You may want to try something like that with the cold baths you speak of. Who knows, it might be fun.
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew

stilliRise1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you can loose some fat but as other have said it's better to eat healthy and exercise. However I've tried cold showers, I mean freezing cold and it really helps me fall asleep faster and makes me calmer. It's so weird.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only time I’ve used ice baths were when over trained, injury, heat rash or post powerlifting competition

It will not help you lose weight

Cold showers after hot is good for cleansing pores then sealing them
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In one of IFBB Pro Chris Bumstead's videos for Olypmia Prep last year, he stated he was taking ice baths for recovery, but also used them to flush his system. He stated that when you are in the ice bath, your veins contract so your heart is working harder to push blood throughout your body. He then adds that while it is great for recovery, he believes that these contracted and tighter veins due to the ice bath flush toxins stored in lymph nodes out of your system via waste. Pretty cool topic. I wouldn't recommend ice baths as a weight/fat loss technique, but a good recovery if you are lifting heavy.

earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ice bath is not an effective way of losing calories. However it causes the blood vessels on your limbs and skin to contract . Your blood pressure rises and your heart to compensate starts beating at a lower rate . This is called reflex bradychardia and it is actually a good thing as long as you do not experience any symptoms such as diziiness or fatigue. Slow beating hearts last longer .