periphery831 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I covering all bases with these exercises?

I've slowly incorporated more variety into my workout as a beginner but wondering if I'm missing anything?

The biggest omission is deadlifts as I'm more prone to lower back injury. Due to my height, I tried sumo deadlifts but I still felt uncomfortable after a few months.

Anything else that is glaringly obvious I'm missing?

Back
    Barbell row
    DB row
    Pullups (wide grip)

Chest
    Flat Barbell Press
    Incline DB Press
    Incline Barbell Press
    Dips
    Chest Flys
    Pressups

Legs
    Barbell Squats
    Lunges
    Bulgarian Split Squats
    Calf Raises

Shoulders
    Overhead press
    Side raises
    Bent over raises
    Trap raises

Biceps
    Bicep Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Barbell Curls

Triceps
    Kickbacks
    Skullcrushers
    Standing Tricep Extensions
    Close grip pushups

Forearm
    Forearm raises
    Forearm curls
    Hand grippers

Abs
    Plank
    Leg raises
    Crunches

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're pushing waaaaay more than pulling which will create shoulder issues. You're missing a hamstring exercise. Height isn't an excuse not to DL, some of the strongest powerlifters and strongmen in the world are 6'8 or taller. You just need to work on form. If you don't want to pull from the floor then learn how to do a romanian deadlift. Theres also far more that goes into programming than just a list of exercises, I highly recommend a professional routine over making your own. There are several in the stickies here which we recommend often.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    You're pushing waaaaay more than pulling which will create shoulder issues. You're missing a hamstring exercise. Height isn't an excuse not to DL, some of the strongest powerlifters and strongmen in the world are 6'8 or taller. You just need to work on form. If you don't want to pull from the floor then learn how to do a romanian deadlift. Theres also far more that goes into programming than just a list of exercises, I highly recommend a professional routine over making your own. There are several in the stickies here which we recommend often.
    Thanks! I'll add some Romanian Deadlifts for hammies.

I don't actually do all these exercises each time I hit a muscle, I usually do 3 exercises and periodise 3x10 or 5x5.

Are my macros in order?

35 years old
    6ft (183cm)
    80kg - Goal 90kg

Calories - 4000
    Carbs 500g
    Protein 200g
    Fat 100g
    Fiber 60g

jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by periphery831 View Post
    Are my macros in order?

35 years old
    6ft (183cm)
    80kg - Goal 90kg

Calories - 4000
    Carbs 500g
    Protein 200g
    Fat 100g
    Fiber 60g
    Probably too much food unless you are doing really dirty bulk while training for a century or marathon.

I weighed 170+ while bulking, going to the gym 5 days a week, training on my bike 4 days a week, hiking on weekends and eating less than that.
    Current.....................335 / 295 / 499............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey bud I have 3 lower back ruptured disc. Up to you but I’m not supposed to deadlift or squat at all, but found if I use dumbbells instead and stay lighter I can still at least get some benefits.

Also I row on an incline bench.

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What you’re missing is programming. A list of (too many) exercises doesn’t mean anything.

If you still consider yourself a beginner, and even have to ask questions such as this on the forum, you’re much better sticking with a proven program from the forum here.

This is my recommendation:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=162916931

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I wouldn't say I'm just randomly doing sets. I hit the main movements (Squat, Bench, Barbell Row, Should Press, Pullups, Dips) and just pick from the rest of the exercises depending on mood and frequency.

Mon - Back, bi, forearm
    Tue - Legs, abs
    Wed - Rest
    Thu - Chest, tri, sho
    Fri - Back, bi, forearm
    Sat - Rest
    Sun - Legs, abs
    Mon - Chest, tri, sho
    Repeat

As aforementioned, I'll periodise a month doing 5x5 and then a month doing 3x10 as I want to focus on both strength and hypertrophy, while progressively overloading each working set.