FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Truck Driver — What’s best for me?

I’ll preface this by saying I’ve been working out on and off for a long time. I usually regain muscle pretty quickly, but I’ve been presented with a new challenge.

Currently I’m a truck driver over-the-road. I spend a month driving around living in the truck with a co-driver, meaning space is limited and for the most part the truck is constantly moving aside from the random layover or mandatory 34 hour reset if we are kicking ass. Currently I only have my 20LB dumbbell with me, between that and body weight exercises I can for the most part cover every muscle group.

I’m looking for advice on which routine to take. Since it’s only a 20LB DB most of my workouts are very high volume, which is fine as I’m more worried about losing fat and toning muscle. I’ve currently been doing a split routine (chest/arms/abs, back/shoulders/legs) and during layover I move to full body. I’ve been debating on hammering one body part a day, continuing a split, or doing full body every day. I don’t quite get the muscle soreness or pump I would desire currently, but since I’m coming off a year long break I don’t want to be overtraining my body either by doing 200-300 reps for a single body part daily. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Cavs / Browns / Buckeyes / Indians

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I saw a movie a long time ago that was about the exact same thing. Suggested workout routine below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZVWeA7a-Q

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FatWhiteKid,

This isn't the advice you're asking for, but I'd advise you to buy a pair of PowerBlock 90 lb dumbbells and an inexpensive suspension trainer.

FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I saw a movie a long time ago that was about the exact same thing. Suggested workout routine below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZVWeA7a-Q
    Lol I am actually gonna have to watch this

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FatWhiteKid View Post
    Lol I am actually gonna have to watch this
    It's not great cinema, but surprisingly entertaining. If you set up the cable pressdown in your rig, I'll be totally impressed.

It's not great cinema, but surprisingly entertaining. If you set up the cable pressdown in your rig, I'll be totally impressed.
    I would if I owned my own truck, but then I’d be driving solo so i could have a lot more room for equipment. Right now the only thing I do when I drive is the grip trainer, good for forearms even better for stress 😂

BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure if it’s realistic but look into a total gym. They can fold into your truck and would be really helpful.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BUy a kettlebell. Instant workout before you eat dinner on the road everynight.

MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I actually have a CDL but didnt do truck driving very long, wife had me quit. If you got a Planet Fitness Black Card membership you can work out in any of their gyms in any state. So as your on your travels and you have to spend the night in some city you could always see if a PF was in walking/ bike riding distance from your stop. I would in addition to dumbells have a bike on the truck you can ride.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    BUy a kettlebell. Instant workout before you eat dinner on the road everynight.
    Good advice and I'm sure you're implying more than the swing, even though the swing is all that's needed for a full body workout, but without progressive overload, just about any weight becomes a cardio tool. A loadable kettlebell handle and ten 10 lb plates can take you far.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    FB search Tyson Moody. He was a truck driver from Canada for yrs. This guy is about 5'8" and in great shape. I also found out he is a very popular wrestler in Canada, that he did as side work. Even got picked up by WWE. When you find him..just send him a message, asking him how he was able to workout and keep his wrestling activities going. He may answer you...worth a try...awesome guy too
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

I’ll grab some DBs and maybe a kettlebell next time I’m home. The one thing I can’t hit great is chest. I’m thinking of trying a resistance band of some time for flies? And maybe chains to do weighted pushups with. Would really like to figure out how I can do dips or something for lower chest as that’s really my weak spot

The one thing I can’t hit great is chest. I’m thinking of trying a resistance band of some time for flies? And maybe chains to do weighted pushups with. Would really like to figure out how I can do dips or something for lower chest as that’s really my weak spot
    Buy a pair of pushup handles/grips (~$10). You can do different hand positions and get more ROM than without them. Your co-driver can sit on your upper back with feet up or down if you need more/varying resistance, or do very slow negatives. For lower chest, you can do slow incline pushups (with feet on ground and hands up on bumper or something). If you stop for a beer somewhere, dips between bar stools actually work pretty well if it doesn't offend anyone.

Buy a pair of pushup handles/grips (~$10). You can do different hand positions and get more ROM than without them. Your co-driver can sit on your upper back with feet up or down if you need more/varying resistance, or do very slow negatives. For lower chest, you can do slow incline pushups (with feet on ground and hands up on bumper or something). If you stop for a beer somewhere, dips between bar stools actually work pretty well if it doesn't offend anyone.
    I’m thinking about grabbing some resistance bands and some chains so I can do weighted pushups. My Co weighs well over 200lb I don’t think I’m that strong yet 😂

My Co weighs well over 200lb I don’t think I’m that strong yet 😂
    I meant he could sit on your back with his feet down on the ground, so you don't get his full weight. But unless he's 10 years old that probably won't be fun for him, so chains might be a better idea.

I meant he could sit on your back with his feet down on the ground, so you don't get his full weight. But unless he's 10 years old that probably won't be fun for him, so chains might be a better idea.
    ... or he could just raise his feet until he's doing handstand push ups. The push up is the easiest of all exercises to lower or increase resistance on.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    ... or he could just raise his feet until he's doing handstand push ups.
    That's a good option - but turns it into more of a shoulder workout, with less focus on chest.

The push up is the easiest of all exercises to lower or increase resistance on.
    Adding actual weight helps if trying to stay in the range of decline-regular-incline pushups (to focus on chest) and get the equivalent of pressing with heavy weights w/out having to play around a lot w/ hand positioning etc. It's not easy to overload a pushup without adding actual weight, which is why people who do pushups for their workout tend to do a lot of them.

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    FB search Tyson Moody. He was a truck driver from Canada for yrs. This guy is about 5'8" and in great shape. I also found out he is a very popular wrestler in Canada, that he did as side work. Even got picked up by WWE. When you find him..just send him a message, asking him how he was able to workout and keep his wrestling activities going. He may answer you...worth a try...awesome guy too
    I reached out to him on FB and we’ve been discussing some things so thanks for that.

That's a good option - but turns it into more of a shoulder workout, with less focus on chest.
    I'm not talking about the crossfit leg thrust handstand wall push up. You'll be working the chest for a long time before it turns into a solely shoulder workout.

Adding actual weight helps if trying to stay in the range of decline-regular-incline pushups (to focus on chest) and get the equivalent of pressing with heavy weights w/out having to play around a lot w/ hand positioning etc. It's not easy to overload a pushup without adding actual weight, which is why people who do pushups for their workout tend to do a lot of them.
    I disagree. It sounds like you've never put your feet on a bureau and done push ups at that incline. I repeat; the pushup is the easiest exercise to make easier or harder. Out of shape people can start by pushing off a wall or table and work their way down to the floor and then as they get stronger, gradually raise their feet.

I disagree. It sounds like you've never put your feet on a bureau and done push ups at that incline. I repeat; the pushup is the easiest exercise to make easier or harder. Out of shape people can start by pushing off a wall or table and work their way down to the floor and then as they get stronger, gradually raise their feet.
    I agree to kind of disagree. I agree you can make pushups very hard or easy w/ angle of incline, I just think you're changing the exercise and the angle at which you're targeting the chest as you do it (it's not just strictly resistance that's changing). And you're correct, never did the bureau incline pushup - I'll give it a shot next time I'm traveling though.

Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I reached out to him on FB and we’ve been discussing some things so thanks for that.
    He was one of my better drivers...

You are very welcome.

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

I'm not talking about the crossfit leg thrust handstand wall push up. You'll be working the chest for a long time before it turns into a solely shoulder workout.

I agree to kind of disagree. I agree you can make pushups very hard or easy w/ angle of incline, I just think you're changing the exercise and the angle at which you're targeting the chest as you do it (it's not just strictly resistance that's changing). And you're correct, never did the bureau incline pushup - I'll give it a shot next time I'm traveling though.
    I put him in touch with a fitness trainer truck driver...he's good guys...