Salsero691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do labourers keep themselves healthy?

Hi All,

My brother is an electrician who's always on his feet. I wanted to get him support for his back and figured people here would be the best to provide suggestions. I could get him a lifting belt but wondered if there was something more robust to support his core and perhaps shoulders, etc.

He has been complaining of sore ankles and I know that a good pair of ankle sleeves will help with that.

What do you guys suggest?
    Last edited by Salsero691; 08-01-2019 at 05:15 PM.

startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I said this in another thread here recently

Using a back brace at work can create problems. I'm talking about that black belt with shoulder straps like you saw at Home Depot.

If you use it all week at work and on Saturday you wife asks you to move the couch, you can easily hurt your back without it. That's why they are not mandatory in some places now.

Working on your core is the best solution. For me, hyperextensions solved my back issues

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercis...ack-extensions
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is only one way....exercise, diet ( with lots of water ) and lots of sleep. I build in ground pools and if any of the three above are off I will hurt bad.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Salsero691 View Post
    Hi All,

My brother is an electrician who's always on his feet. I wanted to get him support for his back and figured people here would be the best to provide suggestions. I could get him a lifting belt but wondered if there was something more robust to support his core and perhaps shoulders, etc.

He has been complaining of sore ankles and I know that a good pair of ankle sleeves will help with that.

You've given zero information of your brothers current physical condition.....................
    Old, but not obsolete.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    You've given zero information of your brothers current physical condition.....................
    The first thing I wondered when reading the ankles was if he's overweight or not. Like BS57 says, we know next to nothing about him, so hard to advise!
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Back on the diet :(

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One thing I'll recommend is the $130 workboots he's probably being offered. The $28 knockoff pair at wallmart will leave you suffering later in the day. A good pair of boots off a truck can go 3-4 years, worth every penny.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Post Workout Commando Crew

sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just from personal experience working in forestry and agriculture I found braces that are for elbows, knees, wrists, and ankles can have a benefit when you're in a weakened state, but anything closer to the core is a nuisance to the point of being a hindrance negating any benefit. YMMV

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    One thing I'll recommend is the $130 workboots he's probably being offered. The $28 knockoff pair at wallmart will leave you suffering later in the day. A good pair of boots off a truck can go 3-4 years, worth every penny.
    This^.
    Anti fatigue mats can also help for bench work. Electricians are not exactly heavy in manual labor in terms of skilled trades. It’s much less physically demanding than pipe fitters, iron workers, etc. Some electricians do a lot of overhead work, so just need to maintain shoulder health. Aside from good boots, good knee pads if the work includes a lot of kneeling. Otherwise diet and exercise.

Salsero691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Salsero691 View Post
    Hi All,

Here's some stats on my brother:
    - He doesn't workout much. I did buy him a 50lbs sandbag a while back that he uses for lunges and squats, but not much more.
    - He weights 204lbs with a waist of 44inch.
    - He's 47 years old

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best thing he can do to improve his lower back and ankle health would be to reduce that 44" waistline.

How well received that advice would be you'll have to tell us. But it's the uncomfortable truth. Good luck
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Back on the diet :(