jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jon6a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to know if your training hard enough?

When I’m in the gym I do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. 3-4 exercises per muscle. I wait 1 minute between sets and do supersets once a week per Muscle, and dropsets once a week per Muscle.

I don’t make noise or slam dumbbells around. Arnold says he only counted reps when it started hurting. Lou Ferringo screams after each rep.

I don’t feel sore after the gym unless I squat for an hour.

How do I know I’m training hard enough for the muscle to grow?

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jon, my friend, you've posted this very same thing on three different threads today... Through some quick glances, I thought you had received very thoughtful and intelligent answers!

What aren't you "convinced" of?

If you have just started to train, you need to be patient and give yourself time to fully develop... How long have you been consistently training for?

You don't have to make a lot of noise or throw 45 lb. plates around (but I like to), in order to get good results. You might end up scaring the chicks away if you do that (or the dudes, in my case..).

The rep-range you're working in is used for "traditional" hypertrophy gains! Just make sure you pick weight that challenges you, on every set of every exercise. Perform each set with proper form and go close to failure (muscular and/or form failure) as often as possible, and you WILL see both muscular and strength development...I promise!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    You won't be able to see a result right away, it takes time to earn the muscle that you want. You need to be passionate about what you do even in working out for you to be able to see a good outcome.

recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stop counting reps and sets. Also don’t take a minute between each set unless you are a power lifter. Pick up a heavy weight and use it till you can’t anymore, then go down in weight and do it again. You should be sweating and treat every workout like it’s your last and it’s a fight for your life. You have to like the pain and want to destroy the muscles. Who am I to say, but I’m just trying to give you some motivation. Go hard and give it everything your body has

Registered User ReapingTheField's Avatar
    ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReapingTheField has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have to ask

rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think at the end of the session grade the difficulty of it out of 10. I think if you know it was a somewhat hard, hard, really hard and sometimes even an extremely hard session you know you have done enough. Anywhere 7-9 I feel is a good session. The odd 10/10 is great but unsustainable 52 weeks of the year. Go for it.
    INSTA SEANCURREYFITNESS

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jon6a View Post
    Arnold says he only counted reps when it started hurting.?
    I highly doubt he said that. Maybe when it came to sit ups, but not for regular exercises.
    Full quote?
    Cobra Kai never dies!

workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutMoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Find an exercise that will really fit your need .

Always push yourself to the limits "No pain No gain!"

glutenvampire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jon6a View Post
    Arnold says he only counted reps when it started hurting.
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    I highly doubt he said that. Maybe when it came to sit ups, but not for regular exercises.
    Full quote?
    Apparently this is actually a quote from Muhammad Ali...
    "I don't count my situps, I only start counting when it starts hurting, when I feel pain, that's when I start counting, cause that's when it really counts."
    “Every week I think to myself, ‘if I don’t do my best, I’m gonna die.’ It’s pretty thrilling.”
    - Kouhei Horikoshi

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by glutenvampire View Post
    Apparently this is actually a quote from Muhammad Ali...
    "I don't count my situps, I only start counting when it starts hurting, when I feel pain, that's when I start counting, cause that's when it really counts."
    Yeah that's what i thought. Big difference in not counting reps for sit ups (which you can go to failure to) and weight lifting though.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Yeah that's what i thought. Big difference in not counting reps for sit ups (which you can go to failure to) and weight lifting though.
    The only real difference is the number of preliminary reps you have to go through before they start becoming “effective reps”. With a bar properly loaded, you should be doing effective reps each time. With body weight exercises, you have to get a lot of non-effective reps out of the way before they actually start counting. This is where the rest-pause or myo-reps concepts come into play. Once you get into the zone of effective reps, then the real sets begin, with the rest periods short enough so that every rep in the subsequent sets is difficult and effective. Being able to do 50 push-ups is good, but if it’s only challenging for the last 5, you haven’t gotten much out of them. If you follow that with another 4 sets of 5 each, while you’re still a bit winded and fatigued, then you’ve quadrupled your effective work with only a couple of minutes more time spent.

Ali wasn’t a weight lifter, but he had an instinct for training. (And a great trainer)
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewChav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Guess u know with ur bod is my theory. Aka how many press up's eg b4 u are drained/physicaly sic etc

Registered User rakeshkumar1998's Avatar
    rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.