Thread: Rugby position

mike7771 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rugby position

So over the last couple of years I’ve been moved about a lot and have played different positions for the team but I’m joining a new club in a couple of weeks and want to try and hold one position down. So I’ll just list a few details about me and see what you guys think.

Height: 174cm
    Weight: 97kg

Strengths: breakdown work either cleaning players out to make sure we keep the ball or anticipating where a tackle will be made and competing for the ball to win it back. I love defending and getting off the line and trying to hit people and knock them backwards I love the physicial side of the game. I’ve got good footwork in tight spaces so if someone tries to tackle me close to the ruck I can step them. I’d say I’ve got good short passing skills and can draw a defender in and put someone else through a gap.

Weaknesses: i’m fast over short distances but not over long distances so I guess I’m slow but I’ve got acceleration if that makes sense. I’m not good under high kicks in terms of catching and I guess because of my height jumping in line outs isn’t a strong point unless we throw to the tail. Never really played front row so scrumming would be hard to learn from that point of view.

So yeah with all this in mind what position do you think would be best and physically what tips would you give in order to improve in that position? Thank you

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like you have a forward mentality, how is your scrummaging? My first thought is flanker or hooker, but joining a new club, the best way to impress is to fill a need the club may have, imo.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You are a flanker.

That is all

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    You are a flanker.

That is all
    Dude, welcome back!

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks!

I do miss the place from time to time