merakisoul is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What's a good post workout snack for weight loss?

I'm vegan (recently transitioned from vegetarian) and I'm trying to figure out a good, simple snack to have within 30 minutes of finishing my workouts since breakfast is always a couple of hours away from then.

I was drinking chocolate milk and thought about almond chocolate milk but read that it doesn't meet the 4:1 ratio. I would love to drink my post snack but I'm not into smoothies and such.

Any ideas? Thanks!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    4:1 ratio of what?

Weight loss is regulated by the degree of calorie deficit over time, not what you consume in any one meal.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nuts? beans? pretty much anything you like, just stay in a caloric deficit

merakisoul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4:1 carbs to protein is what I've always read is ideal for a post workout snack/meal. Is that not really true?
    I thought about a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter. Would that work? The PB only has peanuts in the ingredients list; nothing is added to it.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by merakisoul View Post
    4:1 carbs to protein is what I've always read is ideal for a post workout snack/meal. Is that not really true?
    I thought about a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter. Would that work? The PB only has peanuts in the ingredients list; nothing is added to it.
    Haven't seen any science to back up that, so not likely to be true.

The only thing you really "need" is a serving of protein for muscle reasons, but even that isn't neccessary to get in ASAP... but if you plan on eating anyway due to life schedule or whatnot, then just eat to your needs for the following hours.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're trying to build muscle try to get some good quality protein somewhere after your workout.

Peanut butter with toast is relatively low on leucine.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    nuts? beans? pretty much anything you like, just stay in a caloric deficit
    This

OP, concentrate on maintaining the deficit to reduce weight, not so much the names of the foods
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by merakisoul View Post
    I'm vegan (recently transitioned from vegetarian) and I'm trying to figure out a good, simple snack to have within 30 minutes of finishing my workouts since breakfast is always a couple of hours away from then.

I was drinking chocolate milk and thought about almond chocolate milk but read that it doesn't meet the 4:1 ratio. I would love to drink my post snack but I'm not into smoothies and such.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Greek yogurt (triple zero has a bit extra protein, 15g per cup) with a smidgeon of, variously, either almond shavings, raw oats, or blueberries, or some mix of, mixed in is a nice option imo.
    Alternatively, if you get a nicely hydrolyzed whey protein isolate and mix half a scoop in with a cup of greek yogurt, stir well then let it sit for about 5 mins, it makes a great protein pudding and comes in at about 180 cals with 28g protein (well depending on yogurt & whey but a cup of triple zero plus half scoop of Optimum Nutrition whey works out to those macros)
    "Simply put, stronger does not necessarily equal bigger, & bigger does not necessarily equal stronger" -B. Schoenfeld
    Know your goal; train accordingly. Size is a lagging, secondary benefit of strength training; strength is a lagging, secondary benefit of size training

"Progressive overload means gradually making your muscles work harder. Yes, adding weight constitutes an overload, but that's not the only way..." -C. Thibaudeau
    Rep tempo, rep count, set intervals, volume can be used

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LukeEverhart View Post
    Greek yogurt (triple zero has a bit extra protein, 15g per cup) with a smidgeon of, variously, either almond shavings, raw oats, or blueberries, or some mix of, mixed in is a nice option imo.
    Alternatively, if you get a nicely hydrolyzed whey protein isolate and mix half a scoop in with a cup of greek yogurt, stir well then let it sit for about 5 mins, it makes a great protein pudding and comes in at about 180 cals with 28g protein (well depending on yogurt & whey but a cup of triple zero plus half scoop of Optimum Nutrition whey works out to those macros)

She’s vegan
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2 servings of Fairlife chocolate milk always hits the spot for me. I'll follow that up with a post workout meal.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    She’s vegan
    Ah, then we're all missing it because vegans don't drink milk or consume dairy generally.
    "Simply put, stronger does not necessarily equal bigger, & bigger does not necessarily equal stronger" -B. Schoenfeld
    Know your goal; train accordingly. Size is a lagging, secondary benefit of strength training; strength is a lagging, secondary benefit of size training

"Progressive overload means gradually making your muscles work harder. Yes, adding weight constitutes an overload, but that's not the only way..." -C. Thibaudeau

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take your pick from the list:-

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan...es-of-protein/

Forget 4:1 never seen anything to support it. Consume any protein source within a medium period after workout (few hour window really). As long as it fits your total calorie limits and contains a decent amount of protein you cant really get anymore optimal. This can be in just a single protein source or in a meal it makes little to no difference.

As you are opting for a vegan diet try and get a wide range of protein sources in your diet throughout your day as some types of protein sources lack one amino acids over others and this is more predominant in restrictive diet styles.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    As you are opting for a vegan diet try and get a wide range of protein sources in your diet throughout your day as some types of protein sources lack one amino acids over others and this is more predominant in restrictive diet styles.
    And choose either artificially fortified vegan sources or take supplements for B12 and creatine. Neither occur naturally in any vegan foods. B12 is common knowledge and obviously essential. However, so is creatine (not referring to the practice of additional supplementation of creatine monohydrate but the naturally occurring amount we get from, mostly, meat, fish, and poultry). It is an essential component of the ATP energy cycle.

mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000) mcknzAlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pita and Hummus is my current favorite but you can also try Grilled Chicken and Roasted Veggies.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mcknzAlex View Post
    also try Grilled Chicken
    Bro she's vegan. Does no one read anything anymore?
    Cobra Kai never dies!