jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Glute/piriformis pain please help

Hey everyone I need some advice I've been dealing with deep glute pain during squats and deadlifts for about a month now. Whenever I squat I never feel it in my quads even going ass to grass I always feel it in my glutes. I do high bar squat and I have tried all stances from narrow to shoulder width and wide and I havent had any dice. I do deep stretches, yoga and foam roll and nothing seems to help. Any tips would be helpful thanks in advance.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deep below parallel squats do involve glutes and hamstrings quite a bit when either wearing flat sole shoes or using a shoulder width or wider stance or both.
    You should though determine if your pain is normal muscle pain/tightness or another issue.
    If it's other seek the advise of maybe a chiropractor (one that works with athletes)or physical therapist.
    I don't believe a regular MD will help you much IMO.

jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wear Olympic weightlifting shoes and I squat with a medium stance almost narrow. If you had issues with your piriformis how long did it take for you to rehabilitate it and the pain stopped?

drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's a couple of videos to help. First one is on how to rolling the piriformis and the second one is stretches/exercises. It takes time so be consistent. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/leiqLjCDRUk

https://youtu.be/7R-qyra05i8
    2007 Lightweight Masters National Champ

Update I still have pain in my glute I have tried foam rolling and aggressive stretching and finding ways to strengthen the piriformis and no dice. I'm starting to think maybe I'm not built mechanically for a high bar/Olympic squat because of long legs and a short torso...

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Back in March-May I had some pretty severe pain that sounds similar. It was the right side sciatic nerve where it comes through your butt bone by that was getting pinched. I also do deep squats. When it got real bad I could feel it down my hammy and sometimes into my calf.

30 min easy to medium intensity on the erg/rowing machine a few times a week worked quick where others failed (stretching, icy hot, heat, massage, etc.). If you're not familiar with erging, watch a video on YouTube for form - first push the legs, then hinge the back, then pull the arms, recovery for next stroke is reverse (arms out, ginger forward, draw legs in). Don't be some donkey doing all three at once.

Registered User ChemicalBuilder's Avatar
    ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChemicalBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    piriformis stretching !