Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Funny how the national teacher salary average is $39k

Don't think that's enough to deal with the clowns that are school today.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gixxer0.6g View Post
    My wife, my mom, and several of my good friends are teachers.

Not one has worked a 12 hr day in their life. It's a part time job.

I'm an engineer. I've work 12 hr days multiple times a month.

Teacher deserving doctor's wages is comical. Elem ed is top 5 easiest 4 year degrees out there.

Confirmed blue voter.
    I'm sure your wife, mom, and friends are amazing teachers... doing the bare minimum.

Do they know you don't respect them or their jobs?
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pondus_levo View Post
    I'm sure your wife, mom, and friends are amazing teachers... doing the bare minimum.

Do they know you don't respect them or their jobs?
    Brilliant argument.

Did I say anywhere in my posts I don't have respect for teachers?

I said in my very first post
    I still think they earn every penny but to complain that you don't make enough is pure ignorance.
    Toxic Masculinity

PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PatheticPeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you can look up teacher salaries by name in some states, including Illinois. i lol at mongloids and sloots that went to hs with me when i looked up their salaries.

i know one that makes $108k. divorced with a kid, remarried her husband, had another kid, divorced again. bankrupcy happened somewhere there too, and she just bought a new audi that she finances at i'm guessing 40% interest. bought like a 900k house that they foreclosed on, just lol at teachers.

another has like 9 phd's, teaches 4th grade for 60k/yr, and has 300k in college debt. wife is snowflake with 13 phd's clearing 30k a year as a child psychologist or something. just lol at their lives.

i wonder if my teachers growing up were the drek of their graduating class, like all the ones in my class are.

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Brilliant argument.

Did I say anywhere in my posts I don't have respect for teachers?

I said in my very first post
    It's obvious you don't respect them, no matter how many disclaimers you post.
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't comment on the salary (depends on the state), but being a teacher is a thankless job. Imagine having to deal with little weasels all day and then the parents. This is not exclusive to public school. Private school kids can be just as bad.
    Brb Little johnny didn't get his cbd oil for his anxiety.... How dare you!?

thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thatsnarf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Lol @ at it being an easy job. Think you could work with HS kids who can disrespect you whenever they feel like it and endure NO repercussions? Think you can deal with principals making you teach subjects that you know nothing about just because they want someone to pick up the slack? Think you can deal with chithead parents who think it’s YOUR job to raise their kid? Or the ones who think that it’s YOUR fault that their kid is a little chithead like them?

Ya... sounds like a real picnic.

As for your accountant and engineer friends... maybe they just suck at negotiating the terms of their employment. Or maybe they chose the wrong career.
    teachers don't pursue their careers blindly. they know what they are getting themselves into and what the job entails. they know there will be shyt head students/parents.

don't complain after the fact. just like any job out there. if you don't like it leave.

ie doctor: they know the schooling/ loans/ dealing with sick ppl... don't bitch and moan afterwards.
    Last edited by thatsnarf; 07-26-2019 at 09:40 AM.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Your teacher's sob stories are no different from any other professional position except instead of kids and parents it's clients and customers.

Teacher deserving doctor's wages is comical. Elem ed is top 5 easiest 4 year degrees out there.

Confirmed blue voter.

It's $61k/year numbnuts

https://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/te..._salaries.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not one of them has had to do prep work (which is done outside school hours) for a class?

Hard to believe OP. I know about a dozen teachers (ex-GF was one) and every one of them came home at the end of the day and put in at least few more hours at home prepping or marking. Most were doing that chit on weekends too.... and that’s not even counting the ones who decided to coach teams on top of that (taking up even more free time).

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DanielleGreen View Post
    Can't comment on the salary (depends on the state), but being a teacher is a thankless job. Imagine having to deal with little weasels all day and then the parents. This is not exclusive to public school. Private school kids can be just as bad.
    Brb Little johnny didn't get his cbd oil for his anxiety.... How dare you!?
    Thankless? You should try engineering. Heck, teachers are thanked constantly. They even have a teachers appreciation week.

Not one of them has had to do prep work (which is done outside school hours) for a class?

Hard to believe OP. I know about a dozen teachers (ex-GF was one) and every one of them came home at the end of the day and put in at least few more hours at home prepping or marking. Most were doing that chit on weekends too.... and that’s not even counting the ones who decided to coach teams on top of that (taking up even more free time).
    You make it sound like teaching is the only job you don't bring work home with you.
    Toxic Masculinity

Staunch Nationalist criminal_manne's Avatar
    criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lol @ at it being an easy job. Think you could work with HS kids who can disrespect you whenever they feel like it and endure NO repercussions? Think you can deal with principals making you teach subjects that you know nothing about just because they want someone to pick up the slack? Think you can deal with chithead parents who think it’s YOUR job to raise their kid? Or the ones who think that it’s YOUR fault that their kid is a little chithead like them?

Ya... sounds like a real picnic.

As for your accountant and engineer friends... maybe they just suck at negotiating the terms of their employment. Or maybe they chose the wrong career.
    boo hoo, all real jobs you have to deal with bullchit but dont get a part time schedule. A teachers job is a piece of cake compared to how much they get paid.
    Browns/Indians/Cavs/Buckeyes
    High Test Crew

EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, considering that you say the world is flat and that China doesn't exist, I would agree that your specific teachers should not have even been paid $1

LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Your teacher's sob stories are no different from any other professional position except instead of kids and parents it's clients and customers.

Confirmed blue voter.

It's $61k/year numbnuts

https://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/te..._salaries.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm sure somewhere, some district had a workout like that potentially. But it's gotta be the rare exception. The teachers I've dated work like 7:45-2:30 and MIGHT grade papers for an hour once or twice a week in the evening.

The teacher I was friends with years ago straight up told me he switched from accounting to teaching because he liked to surf and travel.

I'm not debating SOME teachers might go above and beyond and work crazy overtime hours by their own choice. But they is far from the standard, so we definitely shouldn't be establishing pay with them being the example.
    480s / 370b / 495d / 235 x 2 SOHP

Trump 2020
    DeSantis 2024
    Catbrah 2032

Misc Firearms Crew
    Misc Wristwatch Crew
    Will sell wife's foot pics for watch/gun money crew
    Definitely not a fed crew

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LinuxJon View Post
    Don't listen to all of the propaganda. Politicians need teacher union votes, so they push the "underpaid teacher" myth every election.

I am instagram friends with 3 teachers I went to high school with. One of them has been in Spain since school got out basically. Spring break was Cancun. One of them has been in Paris for two weeks. Spring break was hiking in Alaska. The other one posted her brand new car last week and traveled to NYC for spring break.

Oh, and the one teacher I dated said once she got her PHD, her district automatically bumps her salary to 6-figures. For teaching 2nd graders.

I have friends who are accountants and engineers who don't seem to make as much as the fkkn elementary teachers I know. And those people MIGHT get 3 weeks vacation at this point in their career, not 10 weeks.
    I'm a teacher and have been for 5 years. Unions don't hold much power in my state. I've never even been approached or asked to join one in 5 years now. Only a handful of teachers I know are in one. You can't be a bad teacher and get by at least around here. You are rated throughout the year and principals have all the swing.

So because we can afford a vacation, that's being paid too much? It's about the same as police and firefighters make where I live.

My district gives you $2,000 more if you have you PhD and you're only in the classroom. So not sure I believe all that jazz. Doesn't make sense. You go into curriculum or administration with that.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

Thankless? You should try engineering. Heck, teachers are thanked constantly. They even have a teachers appreciation week.

You make it sound like teaching is the only job you don't bring work home with you.
    Your job is way easier than a teacher's, bro.

Biggest loads in the NW IlChosenOne's Avatar
    IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And yes, if you go to school for 7 years and get a PHD, you should make 6 figures.
    No they shouldn't.
    Most PhDs are in useless bullchit
    * Rawdog crew * Creampie crew * Poverty crew *

Haven't worn a condom since middle school crew

* HTC crew *

Tiptoe Through the Tulips eXistenceLies's Avatar
    eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another person has woke from the masses.

I calculated out using an average teacher's salary and they made somewhere around $50/hr not including their cushy benefits and pensions. If they worked full time it would be well over $100k/year job.

I still think they earn every penny but to complain that you don't make enough is pure ignorance.

Example:

Avg US teacher's salary = $60,477
    Hours worked - 8:30-3:30 = 7 hrs - 35 hrs/week. pretty sure they have a lunch break in there but we won't include because of all the extra "work" they do after 3 pm when in reality they just wait for the last kid to get picked up.
    Weeks worked = 40
    Total hours/year = 1,400

Holidays = 17 days = 119 hrs
    3 weeks of PTO = 105 hrs
    1,400 hrs - 119 hrs - 105 hrs = 1176 hrs per year

Avg teacher $/hr salary = $51/hr

That's a $106k/year job @ full time

For comparison:
    Typical 40 hr/week job = 2080 hrs
    Holidays = 5 days = 40 hrs
    3 weeks PTO = 105 hrs

2080-40-105= 1935 hrs

Full timers work 759 hrs more per year. That's 19 more weeks of work.
    You know teachers work at home too. How the fuk you think they go through all their student's work and grade them? They definitely don't do all that sh!t at work. They bring it home. So it is probably more like 10 hours of work a day.
    █ ٩(�̮̮̃�̃)۶ Random Crew ٩ █
    █ 1K Club █
    █ Official Melanotan 2 Thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132097293) █
    █ PC Master Race Crew http://imgur.com/a/G4uVM & https://pcpartpicker.com/b/qmd6Mp █

Staunch Nationalist criminal_manne's Avatar
    criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by eXistenceLies View Post
    You know teachers work at home too. How the fuk you think they go through all their student's work and grade them? They definitely don't do all that sh!t at work. They bring it home. So it is probably more like 10 hours of work a day.
    scantron has been a thing forever, easy peezy. In case the teacher hasn't wised up and isn't using scantron they can grade papers when kids are at assemblies and chit. Not a hard job bro
    Browns/Indians/Cavs/Buckeyes
    High Test Crew

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ITT: Miscers who attended high school know what it’s like to be a classroom educator.

Your job is way easier than a teacher's, bro.
    Teaching is more difficult than mechanical engineering. Interesting.

Originally Posted by eXistenceLies View Post
    All professions bring work home with them. It was a wash when calculating hours.

- still wondering how many papers need grading for PE, kindergarten, home ec, and band teachers.
    Toxic Masculinity

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

All professions bring work home with them. It was a wash when calculating hours.
    I didn't as a firefighter.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    I'm a teacher and have been for 5 years. Unions don't hold much power in my state. I've never even been approached or asked to join one in 5 years now. Only a handful of teachers I know are in one. You can't be a bad teacher and get by at least around here. You are rated throughout the year and principals have all the swing.

So because we can afford a vacation, that's being paid too much? It's about the same as police and firefighters make where I live.

My district gives you $2,000 more if you have you PhD and you're only in the classroom. So not sure I believe all that jazz. Doesn't make sense. You go into curriculum or administration with that.
    You being in a state without a massive teacher union presence is why it's so different.

You CANNOT teach in public schools in California (or most other liberal states) without being part of the union. You're also not allowed to negotiate your own compensation in most places. It's all part of the union and not tied to YOUR performance.

It sounds like you're in a free state where teachers are actually employed on their own merits, which is what should be the case everywhere.

Unions ruin everything. The largest grocery chain in SoCal went on an extended strike years ago and now baggers get $15-20/hr with full medical benefits paid 100% by the employer. All the union grocery stores have pretty much folded since then and everything is Walmart grocery. lol
    480s / 370b / 495d / 235 x 2 SOHP

Trump 2020
    DeSantis 2024
    Catbrah 2032

Misc Firearms Crew
    Misc Wristwatch Crew
    Will sell wife's foot pics for watch/gun money crew
    Definitely not a fed crew

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by badbl00d View Post
    You were home schooled. You have no idea how a high school history course works. History courses are some of the most mind numbingly mundane courses usually taught by someone unnecessarily excited to teach history.

Cliffs: history classes carry a heavy course load, with a lot of reading and recall.
    Not sure why you're discussing education with John when he believes China and Dinosaurs don't exist, and the earth is flat.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>

Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Issobolic28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My brother in law is a teacher.

He told me a funny story where another teacher told the parents their son was "retard"

He was trying say "their son is always late"...I.e "retard" is French for "late".
    47 year old guy; 5'5"

DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    ITT: Miscers who attended high school know what it’s like to be a classroom educator.
    The misc is really pathetic these days...

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LinuxJon View Post
    I've posted this before. Median average salary in LAUSD is $80k. That's one of the districts that are on the news striking ever 2 years for being underpaid

Source? And are you sure its not household? And even for household, that's actually high.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Being a teacher should be a choice made out of passion(what they all claim they do it for), not for the money (what they all want). Not many jobs out there that can combine both high passion and money. Stop complaining about the money when you're working a job you're passionate about. Should have made different decisions if you wanted $$$
    Pilot

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Scorpion613 View Post
    It depends on where you live. Teachers in my area (westchester county, NY) with 10+ years experience make 100k+ base, with summers off, spring break week off, tenure, and pension. They can also work summers and OT for extra money.
    Problem is 100k is not big in NY.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628

Lol @ at it being an easy job.
    you guys are all idiots.
    This^ You all need to read their posts above. Most probably those who doesn't understand have no kids.

We have 5 kids at home, but 4 of them are in college now. Schools are basically like their 2nd home and teachers are like their 2nd parents growing up.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628

Originally Posted by Ayz33 View Post
    Being a teacher should be a choice made out of passion(what they all claim they do it for), not for the money (what they all want). Not many jobs out there that can combine both high passion and money. Stop complaining about the money when you're working a job you're passionate about. Should have made different decisions if you wanted $$$
    Generally speaking, I do believe we are compensated appropriately. I'm paid at around $57,000 a year. It was $48,500 5 years ago when I started. This is the norm in my area as I live in the DFW metroplex. There are a lot of small towns that still pay in the 30's down here. Our retirement and benefits are also very good which is great.

Wife is also a teacher. Double my pay and there's our income. We both have side hustles, but our pay is fine. We live in a moderate 3 bedroom 2 bath house. Big lot for our location. We owe no debt other than our mortgage and she has some student loans still. Both vehicles are paid off. Not too much to complain about. Just don't be an idiot with your money, and that will go for anyone at any position. We try and take one nice vacation a year, which most people probably do regardless... but not this summer as we were hit hard by some unexpected home repairs.

Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
    Schools are basically like their 2nd home and teachers are like their 2nd parents growing up.
    Lol, and this is very true depending more so on where you live at times. We're both at Title 1 schools with a lot of very poor families. Some of the behaviors kids think are OK because they see them at home are just crazy. I hate to say that you can see how poverty and certain lifestyles are a cycle. Kids grow up seeing crazy stuff, and they think it's normal and appropriate to act that same way.

JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
    Source? And are you sure its not household? And even for household, that's actually high.
    It's more like 58K. I could see 80k if you're factoring in College professors or something. But for K-12, you'd not making that kind of money unless you're in an extremely affluent area, or been teaching for decades and even then it's a stretch.
    6'1 - 240lbs

<HTC>