soueuls is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Moving to Asia and losing 40 pounds

Hello,

I am a young computer scientist from France who has been focusing too much on finances for the past two years, I have made quite a bit of investment but have neglected my overall health.

In December I am going to move to Thailand and China to live as a digital nomad for quite some time, I want to be able to participate in fun activities such as diving as well as enduring the heat in these countries, it seems like the perfect time to lose the weight I should have lost a long time ago.

My plan is:

1. Roughly tracking my calories.
    2. Eating a high protein diet with a decent amount of complex carbs and a moderate amount of fat.
    3. Swimming 3 days per week.
    4. Lifting some weight at home.
    5. Walking 10,000 steps a day.
    6. Drinking almost a gallon a day of water.
    7. Cutting most sweet and alcohol.

I will be reporting my weight and general feeling once a week.
    The weight will be weekly average to flatten the random variations.

Starting weight: 213lb
    Current weight: 213lb
    Goal weight: 176lb

I was very inactive for the past several weeks as I went to Vietnam for a little trip.
    I ate a lot of fried food, drink sodas, did not pay much attention. Thankfully, I spent a lot of time walking around while exploring the cities.

I am now back home (in a new city) I got a swimming pool card and I am back into intermittent fasting.

Current weight: 215lb

I have been quite productive the past 10days, I got a library card, swimming card and I signed up for a nice gym I can leave whenever I want.

I the past, I tried multiple times to track calories but it was cumbersome. It's easy when you can scan a barcode but not so when you make food all by yourself. I came up with something different instead, I am carrying a small notebook and I just write down my meals without the calories. I believe I intuitively know what is decently good and what is junk, the fact that I know I am going to write it down helps me make more conscious choices.

07/25/2019: 213lb
    09/07/2019: 215lb
    09/17/2019: 211.6lb

OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OrangeEarPlug has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice work so far!

bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50) bowtourking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep going at it changing your body takes a lot of time depending on what your goals are so stick to it!
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard!

A bit more than a week but I have made good progress. I kept my food log going, still not counting calories but carefully writing down food and approximative quantities. I am conscious than ever about what I eat now.

I decided to follow the Stronglifts program at the gym. I know it's not the best, but I am not looking to seriously considering going into powerlifting anyway. The program is easy to follow, the mobile app is perfect, increasing weight each and every time feels great. I went to a gym a few years ago, I used machines, I did not track progress at all, I only used weight I was feeling comfortable with. I found it pointless.

I am now doing squat, overhead press, bench press, deadlift as well as barbell row all with free weight. Tomorrow is going to be my 4th workout following the program.

07/25/2019: 213lb
    09/07/2019: 215lb
    09/17/2019: 211.6lb
    09/24/2019: 208,7lb