gregygeorge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help with silly high calories.

I'm currently on a sort of lean bulk/strength program. I'm eating 4,000 calories at a split of 40/30/30 carb/fat/protein and I've found my weight gains slowing to a halt. I have also found that at some point in the week I will feel weaker than I should. I don't really want to be increasing the calories any more as it seems stupidly high to do so. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do to maintain weight gain; and more importantly strength gain or if it has anything to do with sleep or water.
    I go gym 9 hours a week on a push, pull, legs split with a focus on powerlifting and hypertrophy mixed in and some Olympic lifts as well. I also do 4 and a half hours of muay Thai and 6 hours of BJJ in the week which may contribute to the increased intake.

I weigh 71kg at 173cm at age 17 and would guess to be around 13% body fat.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I believe it's a matter of calories, 4k isn't that much factoring in your age, leanness and ~20h of weekly activity.

I actually wonder why you bother tracking calories at all..? The risk of you getting fat considering the above is close to zero. You'll be at much greater risk of underfeeding, under-recovering and/or missing out on gains due to limiting yourself by arbitrary numbers that might or might not match reality.

How many hours do you sleep per night?

Try eating more and relax into it, trust your body and your hunger cues.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "