StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000)

Belt Squat/Hip Belt

I finally figured out a decent way to leverage my power rack to do belt squats and I was looking to buy a belt squat belt. My buddy uses the Spud Inc one and says it's pretty rough on his hips, so I was trying to see who else makes one that is decent.

Other than Spud Inc and Ironmind, what other belt squat belts are worth taking a look at?

On a side note I think I'm gonna pick up a couple of platforms that won't break the bank and will give me 6"-12" of deficit height. I thought perhaps I can get a couple of those step-up platforms that women use for aerobics, but I wanna make sure theyre stable enough to bear the load. Plyoboxes are overpriced and frankly take up too much space. Any ideas?

*note* I will be securing the belt to one end of the barbell with the other end supported by safety straps.
    Last edited by StillbornSoul; 07-21-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you." Bane

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like the adjustable hip belt from Rogue/overachieve personally. When it was made by overachieve (version I have), it was reportedly a little softer than the current version made by rogue. I’ve still heard it’s comfortable though.

StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000) StillbornSoul is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GamecockLifter View Post
    I like the adjustable hip belt from Rogue/overachieve personally. When it was made by overachieve (version I have), it was reportedly a little softer than the current version made by rogue. I’ve still heard it’s comfortable though.
    I actually found this thing for a platform, but I think the footplates are too narrow for safety and theyre angled inward, which would cave in the knees. Not sure if You could assemble it backwards or not?

https://www.titan.fitness/gym-equipm...pment/n-a.html

skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have an ironmind belt and love it.

As far as platforms, they are easy and cheap to build. I bought some 24”x24” plywood boards precut at home depot and used 2x8 boards to frame them. Works great. I also used some more 24”x24” boards to construct risers of different heights. Also use these for a squat box.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StillbornSoul View Post
    I actually found this thing for a platform, but I think the footplates are too narrow for safety and theyre angled inward, which would cave in the knees. Not sure if You could assemble it backwards or not?

https://www.titan.fitness/gym-equipm...pment/n-a.html
    Aside from the foot plates looking skinny, you wouldn't gain much with that crossmember being set, what maybe 2" extra movement? And like Gamecock said, check out the Rogue belt squat belt.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Thanks bros.

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What carabiner are you guys using? The one that came with the Rogue belt and my Squatmax MD is a pain in the ass. Would like one a little bigger without the locking feature but it seems all the ones with higher weight ratings have the lock on them.