MasonLawley is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lower Back Issues

I tweaked my back doing leg press some years back. I went too deep with the weight, and my lower back popped. I’ve had problems with it ever since. I’m looking for some exercises and lifts that can help me strengthen my lower back so that I’m able to squat heavy again. I will post a picture of my x ray as soon as I figure out how. Thanks in advance.

Doctor told me to strengthen core, which I have been doing regularly for about 7 months. But haven’t seen any progress in back pain when I squat.

MasonLawley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I couldn’t figure out how to post the X-ray image here. So I put it in my profile gallery.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Work on lower back mobility as well. I always recommend the book "Becoming a Supple Leopard"

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Work on lower back mobility as well. I always recommend the book "Becoming a Supple Leopard"

This and also core strengthening through stabilization like planks, side planks, thoracic mobility work, reverse planks. AthleanX on youtube has a great variation of the reverse plank on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyWEXjdAGCQ

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See other medical professionals for different advise.
    A chiropractor or physical therapist could give a different solution.
    Frankly people here are not medical professionals and reading an x-ray should be left up to medical professionals.
    They onlygive advise that has helped them and you may have an entirely same but different issue.
    Stop doing anything that irritates your low back and see a different doc.
    Good luck.