shane24v is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Newbie diet advice

Hi, first post and I hope it's in the right place, I've been at the gym 3 times a week for 6 months I've lost a stone but I am wanting to gain muscle, so really do I cut or bulk? My stats
    Age 43
    6ft
    188lbs
    Lean weight 146lbs
    22% body fat.
    At the mo my calories are set at 2800, protien 140
    Carb 385
    Fat 78
    I eat mainly clean but I do struggle to eat all my calories in a day if I'm honest but I'm not losing weight and I am making very slow progress at the gym.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I think you should continue to eat in a slight deficit. Did you lose weight at 2800 calories?

Take whatever calorie level was causing you to lose weight and add maybe 2-300 calories to it, keep doing what you are doing, you will still lose weight slowly but allow more for muscle growth. A surplus is not necessary when you are over 20%

When I lost the weight I wasnt tracking. But for the last 4 month I've been aiming for 2800 I always make sure I hit my protien target but I'm usually only consuming about 2600 I dont really feel hungry and struggle to hit 2800, I've not lost any weight in 3 months but I am making small progress in the gym still.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by shane24v View Post
    When I lost the weight I wasnt tracking. But for the last 4 month I've been aiming for 2800 I always make sure I hit my protien target but I'm usually only consuming about 2600 I dont really feel hungry and struggle to hit 2800, I've not lost any weight in 3 months but I am making small progress in the gym still.
    Keep up the gym progress!

Having problems getting in food and the fact that your weight is stagnant for 3 months, indicates you have been eating close to your maintenance.

If you are keen on losing weight, start by lowering calories by 300. This should be enough to start a slow cut.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

It's my body fat ide like to lower but still increase muscle

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Try aiming for 2300. Make sure you count accurately, sloppy counting is one of the biggest sources of puzzlement on this forum.