Cdymz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hair removal stress

Hey guys .

Stepping on stage in 7 weeks and I’m stressing out more on hair removal/skin issues than the prep itself!

I’ve got ridiculously sensitive skin, a serious ingrown hair issue. Clean shaving with a razor is completely out of the question. I shaved with a razor for the first time around 3 weeks ago to see how my skin would react and I still have ingrown hairs now... I followed all protocols in regard to what razor to use and shaving with the hair etc etc.. my skin just doesn’t agree with it .

My second option is hair removal cream, I’ve seriously been considering this, however ive heard that applying tan after can block your pours and cause a breakout...

Waxing is just as bad as shaving. 100% not an option.

There very little information about leaving very small stubble then applying tan? However I’ve also read that very small struggle can cause bad shadows which could possible effect my look on stage?

I’m a hairy dude, any help is much appreciated!

Registered User bschermerhorn92's Avatar
    bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As someone with similar issues to you, I found a solution that ended up working...it's rough but a lot of advice I read online pointed to this, you need to shave more and shave for a consistent time before a show. The first time I shaved several parts of my body were before my first show and it was terrible. After that I started shaving regularly and overtime (few months maybe?) I stopped getting ingrown hairs and what not.

Another tip: Before you clean shave, trim everything with an electric razor with no guard. I found this to not really irritate my skin as trying to shave with longer hairs takes way longer and tended to give me more ingrown hairs and bumps.

Another tip: Use women's razors with sensitive skin shaving cream marketed to women, trust me on this, this works wayyyy better than any Gillette or other male marketed products.

Anyways, I wish you the best and hopefully these issues clear up for you in the future!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try beard clippers.
    They get the hair pretty low but not the same as a razor.
    This is way easier than shaving and having razor irritation.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bschermerhorn92 View Post
    As someone with similar issues to you, I found a solution that ended up working...it's rough but a lot of advice I read online pointed to this, you need to shave more and shave for a consistent time before a show. The first time I shaved several parts of my body were before my first show and it was terrible. After that I started shaving regularly and overtime (few months maybe?) I stopped getting ingrown hairs and what not.

Another tip: Before you clean shave, trim everything with an electric razor with no guard. I found this to not really irritate my skin as trying to shave with longer hairs takes way longer and tended to give me more ingrown hairs and bumps.

Another tip: Use women's razors with sensitive skin shaving cream marketed to women, trust me on this, this works wayyyy better than any Gillette or other male marketed products.

Anyways, I wish you the best and hopefully these issues clear up for you in the future!
    A little late to the party, but I agree with everything here. I have my first show in less than 9 weeks and began experimenting at about 20 weeks. I started with nair and it worked good the first time as far as easy hair removal. Still had ingrown hairs in the crotch area on my thighs. Tried again about 10 days later and ended up with kind of chemical burns (I didn't exceed the recommended time) basically instead of ingrown hairs I ended up with tiny scabs where the hair follicles would be. Since then I shave my legs weekly using women's products, My chest and stomach maybe twice a week. I still get a few ingrown hairs, but it gets better each week.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cdymz View Post
    Hey guys .

Stepping on stage in 7 weeks and I’m stressing out more on hair removal/skin issues than the prep itself!

I’ve got ridiculously sensitive skin, a serious ingrown hair issue. Clean shaving with a razor is completely out of the question. I shaved with a razor for the first time around 3 weeks ago to see how my skin would react and I still have ingrown hairs now... I followed all protocols in regard to what razor to use and shaving with the hair etc etc.. my skin just doesn’t agree with it .

My second option is hair removal cream, I’ve seriously been considering this, however ive heard that applying tan after can block your pours and cause a breakout...

Waxing is just as bad as shaving. 100% not an option.

There very little information about leaving very small stubble then applying tan? However I’ve also read that very small struggle can cause bad shadows which could possible effect my look on stage?

I’m a hairy dude, any help is much appreciated!
    You should give laser a try!