breuha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg workout after Prolapse surgery

My leg workout will have to change after an impending Prolapse surgery. Any ladies out there who have had this procedure? I'm told no more squats and deadlifts. I plan to bump up the lunges, of course, but would love some input on more unilateral leg work. I'm not working out in a gym with a plethora of gym equipment or machines. I have an olympic set and a Bowflex, and lots of dumb bells. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lunges
    Split squats
    Pistol squats
    BB/DB hip thrusts
    BB/DB step ups
    DB leg extensions (can use a chair or bench for these)

Good luck to you!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a pretty severe prolapse. Squats and deadlifts have actually seemed to help. I'm still prolapsed but not nearly as bad/severe as it had been when I was spending an hour+ on the elliptical.

That being said - I understand why you're being told not to after the surgery, and not knowing anything about you or your situation, you should listen to your doc.

But I'm serious - my prolapse was BAD. My entire cervix would be visible any time I was upright for more than 5 minutes. Not so anymore. I'm just sharing my experience.

Good luck!!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Summertime Shreddness MotorcycleBrah's Avatar
    MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) MotorcycleBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    I have a pretty severe prolapse. Squats and deadlifts have actually seemed to help. I'm still prolapsed but not nearly as bad/severe as it had been when I was spending an hour+ on the elliptical.

That being said - I understand why you're being told not to after the surgery, and not knowing anything about you or your situation, you should listen to your doc.

But I'm serious - my prolapse was BAD. My entire cervix would be visible any time I was upright for more than 5 minutes. Not so anymore. I'm just sharing my experience.

Good luck!!!!
    In which area was your prolabse?
    I had a prolabse in l5/s1 and rehabilitated with physical therapy and it felt really well after that for some time. But a few month later I herniated the disk pretty bad during a heavy deadlift.
    I literally felt it pop in my lower back and my right leg went numb a few days later. It required surgery because otherwise my nerve could've taken permanent damage from the disk sticking out. since that i stay away from heavy deadlifts & squats.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The ladies in this thread are talking about uterine prolapse, brah
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, something in your spine wouldn't be a called a prolapse. I don't think? Lol. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I've taken many orthopedic surgeons' depositions. Bulge, herniation are terms I hear, but never prolapse.

Anyway - I assumed OP was talking about a uterine prolapse - hence the mention of my cervix.

Ok - I just googled. There is something called a disc prolapse so I stand corrected

So, OP, if you were talking about a spinal issue, disregard my comments. I've lived with my uterine prolapse for so many years that when I hear that word, I automatically assume that's what is meant. Good luck with your surgery either way!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

breuha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kimm4 Those are great suggestions, thank you! Had intended to perfect a pistol squat, now is my chance to follow through. Have a couple more weeks of recovery and then it's on!

Thanks everyone!
    breuha10

Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10) Diddlypops is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please, please please keep us updated- I will be getting this surgery later this year and would love to know how you get on. I have been told nothing more than 10 kilos for 12 weeks. Interestingly, I've been doing single leg work in preparation (and I also have a damaged disc), and the prolapse doesn't seem to be as bad as it has been.

Have you already had the surgery? Any words of wisdom?

SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been working around a prolapse since last baby. When it was awful right after baby I did a lot of kimm4's list. Then I switched over to squating again and like danigrrl, it actually helped. I also made sure to have everything pulled in...similar to tightening core and doing a kegel at the same time. I will say that I still heavy dead and that is the only thing that makes me feel like my vagina is going to turn inside out.

Good luck and keep us updated.
    My family's food prep escapades: How and what to feed bodybuilding marco counting parents, picky teenagers and allergic to everything kids!

www.********.com/JoannaFitnessFoods

Saint Anger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Um,? They aren’t talking about your back!!! They are speaking about vaginas!
    I'll chase you down with out mercy

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Saint Anger View Post
    Um,? They aren’t talking about your back!!! They are speaking about vaginas!
    maybe they figured that out 5 years ago in their last post