carlg221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying intermittent fasting

I’m 28, 6’2, 320 lbs. I’ve tried all kinds of diets over the years and used to workout regularly. But I could never get below 260. I haven’t been working out as much the last two years and have gone back up in weight. I quit drinking all drinks other than water and a low carb monster a day. I’ve been doing this for three weeks and have not lost a pound. I decided last night that I am going to try IF 16 hours a day. I started working out again and I’m watching what I eat but not very strict basically trying to cut out fast food and carbs. Was just wondering if anyone had any tips that would help thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If it helps you control your appetite then certainly give it a try.

You don't have to completely avoid carbs - but for sure, avoiding processed or highly flavoured foods it a good idea. Just focus on eating meat, eggs, vegetables, salads - all as unprocessed as possible. Don't actively avoid good wholefood carb sources like potato or beans though.

Remember that the number one most important things about a diet are
    1. reduce calorie intake
    2. compliance, compliance, compliance. For this reason, placing too many arbitrary restrictions on yourself does not help. keep things simple. if you really want to eat at breakfast time the forget the IF thing.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your fatloss will depend on overall weekly calories and not timing of those calories. If IF helps you take in fewer overall calories then it will be beneficial. If you end up with the same calorie intake it will be of no benefit.

Food choice will be the factor that will allow for consuming low enough calories to actually create a big enough calorie deficit to lose your fat. Protein and lots of veggies and some amount of good fats are your friends. Processed carbs from things like bread, donuts, chips, etc will be your enemies and these foods should be consumed in a limited amount. They do not satiate well for how many calories they contain
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cammy91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If your not loosing any weight at 320 lbs then your still eating way too much, even over a 3 week period there should have been a big drop, someone that weight should find the weight drop off very easy IF theyre in a deficit

Id reccomend weighing all your food you stick in your mouth and recording any calories via drinks, and track it all via MFP - it may become the eye opener you need to reach your goals, theres some great stickys on the forum about calculating tdee etc and working out what you should eat daily to create a deficit and id reccomend reading and using them

Personally id ignore IF - i could be seen as doing it as my last meal is at 4-5pm and i dont eat until 9am the next day, but i find when i become hungry, i resist it a little by topping up with water and then its time to goto bed before its in full swing - the longer im up the more i may get sidetracked and urge to eat when i really dont need to, im then up for a few hours again before i eat in the morning around 9am, and this works for me, but everyone is different, you dont need to follow a crowd, just do whatever works for you.

Excercise will help allot aswell, even if its walking - as at your size will allow you to expend allot more calories as it becomes labour intensive, take advantage of it in the meanwhile to kickstart your enthusiasm to a changed life.

I used to use mfp a lot and I actually started using it again today right before I saw this message. I do think I started eating more after quitting soda. I also got pretty lethargic for awhile after quitting soda. I was drinking probably 1 1/2 2liters a day. Mainly Coke Zero but also regular soda almost everyday. I’ve pretty much made my mind up that I’m going to try and do this the right way this time. I’ve been big since middle school and my weight has gone up and down a lot since. I want to lose it and keep it off this time. Thanks for the input

MFP is recommending me to eat around 3000 calories a day to lose two pounds per week. It is okay to go lower than this right? When I tried to lose weight before I was eating 1500 calories a day and under 100 carbs and never got sick or anything.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    3000 is likely way too much. How tall are you and what do you weigh?

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by carlg221 View Post
    MFP is recommending me to eat around 3000 calories a day to lose two pounds per week. It is okay to go lower than this right? When I tried to lose weight before I was eating 1500 calories a day and under 100 carbs and never got sick or anything.
    Ignore the recommendations it makes, just use it to add up macros and calories

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't go down to 1500 right away, you have a lot of weight to lose and you need to eat in a way that you can sustain and not cause you to fall off the wagon and binge. Without tracking for a few weeks it's just going to be a guess what you maintain on but at 320 lbs it takes a lot of calories to maintain that. 3000 might have you losing 2 lbs/week at the beginning but as you lose weight that will slow as well since you will have less mass to maintain, therefore your maintenance calories will be lower. I wouldn't go below 2500 for a few weeks so you can see what type of rate you are losing at and adjust from there. Just remember to weigh and track every single thing you eat. The calories still count if you don't track them so track everything and that way you have accurate data to make more informed decisions later.

6’2 320

6’2 320
    you have a lot of fat so let the fat feed YOU. Take in as few calories that you’re reasonably comfortable with.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    you have a lot of fat so let the fat feed YOU. Take in as few calories that you’re reasonably comfortable with.
    I did 2000 today and feel fine. Walked a couple miles and I work in a pretty warm building so I was sweating all day pretty much. To start I think I’ll do 2000-2500. And Ill see how that goes. It’s crazy to think how many calories I was eating/drinking when I add them all up.

I did 2000 today and feel fine. Walked a couple miles and I work in a pretty warm building so I was sweating all day pretty much. To start I think I’ll do 2000-2500. And Ill see how that goes. It’s crazy to think how many calories I was eating/drinking when I add them all up.
    if you hang at 2000 consistently that will take you to around the 200 lb mark.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would add that if you're not using a food scale and weighing all your food down to the gram then you really have no idea how much you're taking in. Most people underestimate their intake by at least 25%.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Just wanted to give an update. I’ve been doing a 16-8 IF and staying at 2000 calories a day and have had one cheat meal in 10 days. I’ve lost 11 lbs and have noticed my shirts And pants are looser. Definitely lost more in waist line than anywhere else. Hoping cutting more carbs out will hit my stomach a little more. Most of my fat is around stomach and chest. Going to start hitting the gym later this week. I work 7 days a week so it’s hard to get there but I’m benefiting from the warm weather because it’s usually around 100+ degrees where I work.