NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

could you do GHR the first time you tried?

I've never tried a GHR before because I've never been to a gym that had one, but now my gym has one and it really kicked my ass.

I'm not particularly strong but I can deadlift 4 plates (405lb) on any given day, and my bodyweight isn't that high for my size, I'm like 15%bf now 6'0 190lb. So I always figured my posterior chain was at least OK, and i'm not overweight, so I assumed I would be able to just do GHR right away, maybe even weighted.

I can do like crappy reps, but I don't get fully upright to vertical. Then after about 5, I can't even do the crappy reps. Lowering the position for the feet seemed to help a little bit, but not much.

Is this normal or do I have way crappier glute and hamstring strength than I thought? I'm obviously trying to push off with the hands and do cheat reps and heavy negatives to increase strength.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.
    It's a hard movement and like anything thats you haven't done before needs to be practiced.
    Even these days five reps are hard for me.
    It also depends how you do them.
    I can still get a lot out of a partial movement (not all the way up or down) and assisted movements.
    On assisted i use the handles on each side to help myself through the sticking point(hardest part).

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes though had to stop between reps because of cramping hamstrings.
    Still do sometimes.

Currently do around 12 reps with a 10kg plate.

Maxed Deadlift after some time off accidentally yesterday. 130kg x 1

I'm 87 to 88kg bw whatever that is in lbs
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends how you do them. On a lat pulldown machine with my ankles anchored I could do only 1 the first time I tried. I am 5'7" and at the time weighed 165 pounds or so and my max deadlift was 550. On an actual GHR bench I find them quite a bit easier. Without question it is a skill that needs to be practiced to get better. To do a lot more reps consider using a light bar/pole (ie, lat pulldown attachment) that you place on the floor and hold on to so you can use your arms as needed throughout the movement.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Depends how you do them. On a lat pulldown machine with my ankles anchored I could do only 1 the first time I tried. I am 5'7" and at the time weighed 165 pounds or so and my max deadlift was 550. On an actual GHR bench I find them quite a bit easier. Without question it is a skill that needs to be practiced to get better. To do a lot more reps consider using a light bar/pole (ie, lat pulldown attachment) that you place on the floor and hold on to so you can use your arms as needed throughout the movement.
    The first sounds like a nordic hamstring curl... And is significantly harder than ghr... 1 first time is impressive
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    The first sounds like a nordic hamstring curl... And is significantly harder than ghr... 1 first time is impressive
    Yes, that is the exercise. For years I thought they were the same thing and only actually stumbled upon the name Nordic leg curl in the last year or two.

NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Yes, that is the exercise. For years I thought they were the same thing and only actually stumbled upon the name Nordic leg curl in the last year or two.
    Well you're very strong for your size so it makes sense you could do one first time.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This may or may not be the case, but consider your setup. A lot of people, including myself at first, place their knees at or near the top of the pad. This makes it basically the same exercise as the aforementioned Nordic hamstring curl. Note the knee placement here:

Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’ve never had the opportunity to use one. I’ve wanted one for my home gym for years, but, IMHO this is the single most overpriced piece of equipment (I blame Crossfit). Even stalking Caraigslist and Facebook I haven’t found a GOOD one for a REASONABLE price (Those $600 ones should be selling for $300 new, and $150 used to Be in proportion to similar equipment).

I’ve been doing Nordic Curls for the last 5 years...and can still only do 1 real rep, the rest are all assisted and negatives. I can feel it in the target muscles...but I really like the idea of being able to do the same exercise with controlled positive and negative reps...but I’m not willing to spend $300-$700 “just to see”, and I don’t want to waste less on some 14 gauge junk.

The GHD is my current home gym White Whale.
    BB.com used to be great...now it’s toxic. Very sad. Glad I could contribute and learn in the good days, but won’t come back.

ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Something equivalent to this that someone showed me is head on over near the leg press machine. Place your legs directly under the bar just by your ankle and lock it in place. Make sure there is a mat under you as you'll be on your knees and then begin to extend your body down to the ground while your ankles locked up under the bar, pretty much engaging the hamstring with complete intensity.
    if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    Something equivalent to this that someone showed me is head on over near the leg press machine. Place your legs directly under the bar just by your ankle and lock it in place. Make sure there is a mat under you as you'll be on your knees and then begin to extend your body down to the ground while your ankles locked up under the bar, pretty much engaging the hamstring with complete intensity.
    That’s a Nordic curl.

I do them on my bench (about 1:17 in the video in my link).
    BB.com used to be great...now it’s toxic. Very sad. Glad I could contribute and learn in the good days, but won’t come back.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I didn't see a GHR machine until I'd already had lots of experience - so easily yes.

Having said that, GHR machines are adjustable for distance from the pad. A Nordic curl is much harder and I've only done one once or twice.

screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    first time I tried one I couldn't. Then I adjusted the pad to be closer to my feet, and lowered the footpad so shins were vertical, then I did about 10 straight away.

There's a HUGE difficulty increase if the set up isn't right, get the wrong angles and your body just wont want to do it. Some people put the pad way up because there are always dumbasses doing crunches on there. Get it set up right and the reps will be easier and it will feel right.
    Levicticus 27-3: set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, for a female, set her value at thirty shekels

Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not a chance, I still can't.