RickyBingbong is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Have the frankenfoods folks gotten to garlic?

Hey, whatever has happened to garlic? It used to have such a nice flavor; now all it does is burn my tongue. I tried gently sauteing a small amount and my eyes watered.

Have the frankenfoods people killed the taste while attempting to lessen the odor? Does fresh garlic still have the great nutritional components, or is that gone too?

Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Playitsafe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RickyBingbong View Post
    Hey, whatever has happened to garlic? It used to have such a nice flavor; now all it does is burn my tongue. I tried gently sauteing a small amount and my eyes watered.

Have the frankenfoods people killed the taste while attempting to lessen the odor? Does fresh garlic still have the great nutritional components, or is that gone too?
    I sure hope it's still has it's nutritional value! I just discovered it and started using it in the vegetable drink I make in a blender. I've heard that there's so much good in it that I wanted to include it. It sure doesn't cost very much either. Just $1.39 for 3 bulbs at Aldi.