Becks01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eating 80% "good" 20% "bad". How much does it matter?

So guys, I have to "confess" that I don't eat just healthy foods in a day.
    I am slightly worried that's why I am not loosing any of my BF. I eat very healthily, always have. Just not 24/7 >~< .

What I eat in a day normally:

Veggies:
    - zucchini
    - paprika
    - mushrooms
    - tomatoes
    - salat
    - broccoli
    - califlower
    - onions

Protein:
    - fish
    - eggs
    - meat
    - chicken
    - yoghurt
    - cottage cheese
    - milk and other dairy

"Bad" food:
    - bananas
    - apples
    - piece of dark chocolate
    - pudding
    - homemade cakes and desserts (low carb, sugarfree)

Also nuts, seeds and berries.

I eat sweet stuff since I just can't help it.
    I make sure it's sugar free or low sugar but I just need something sweet. I watch my calories. I don't eat more than 1300 kcal a day so I shouldn't gain anything. It's just that everyone always says you need to eat the right foods, real food, nutrition is everything ect. But at the same time I thought calorie intake is most important on the matter weather or not you loose fat?

So is it really that bad if I treat myself to a little something everyday if I don't overeat on it?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Food is not inherently bad or good. The totality of your diet can be productive or counterproductive, however. Sugar isn’t bad. Carbs aren’t bad. If you aren’t losing weight, you are consuming surplus calories. It’s that simple.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Becks01 View Post
    "Bad" food:
    - bananas
    - apples
    - piece of dark chocolate
    - pudding
    - homemade cakes and desserts (low carb, sugarfree)
    What makes bananas, apples and dark chocolate bad foods?

FYI: fat loss happens when you're in a sustained calorie deficit. It has nothing to do with labeling foods as bad or good.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ignore the good or bad food concept. There are just calories in vs calories out and getting correct macros. Once caution, there are very calorie dense foods such as nuts. While nuts are good fats it also takes very little to add significant calories to a diet. The other note, sugar free low carb cakes, you posted, are generally full of fat. Given carbs are 4 cals per gram and fats are 9 cal per gram it again is very easy to add excessive calories.

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No bad foods exist. But I do understand how people can feel guilt of eating the unhealthy choices like a Mars Bar in your diet because of the mass media saying it's junk so therefore you believe it is, even within your caloric deficit. Eating something loaded with sugar you still have a that feeling that it's not right. But don't stress too much about it.

I do find it's good to have 20% of things that most consider unhealthy foods. Actually, because I know I can have that freedom of junk food in moderation I don't tend to crave it as much. It's a mentality thing like being told you're not allowed something VS being told to do what you want. If I was eating pretty much bro foods every day I'd be craving for sugar and eventually binge, but because I know I can have a Mars Bar when I want I'll just have one twice a week. Plus I eat all of my calories in just a few hours in the evening so there's no room for any sort of cravings anyway.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

I'm not an elevator, but I certainly do lift.

Going to the gym? Ha, it's just a weights of time.

Steroids and ass. They certainly go well together.

I'm the BB king..of puns. I train my back using only fish. I love my macker-rows.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My diet currently consists of maybe 50% essential stuff to get in protein, fats and micronutrients. The rest is what most would call junk.

As others said, doesn't matter much... energy balance rules.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

That's what I thought. I am just kind of annoyed by all the people in the fitness business who say you have to have a strict diet and only eat healthy food otherwise you will definately fail with fat loss. I mean yeah it is probably easier to loose fat if you just eat non fat food all the time but they persist it's essential.
    Of course you can't eat fast food everyday thats pretty obvious, but one sweet snack a day shouldn't be a deal breaker right.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's what I thought. I am just kind of annoyed by all the people in the fitness business who say you have to have a strict diet and only eat healthy food otherwise you will definately fail with fat loss. I mean yeah it is probably easier to loose fat if you just eat non fat food all the time but they persist it's essential.
    Of course you can't eat fast food everyday thats pretty obvious, but one sweet snack a day shouldn't be a deal breaker right.
    It can be very annoying with all the saturated incorrect info out there on social media, most are out to sell a product, a terribly lopsided book on nutrition that isn't science based or both

In addition to the replies above, here is a good read for you OP

https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

I put the fruits under "bad" because they are so calorie dense, contain many carbs and sugar and you don't really feel full after eating just a little.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don’t have much to add...just want to throw another +1 to all the realistic and intelligent replies in this thread. Nice to see a thread without some crazy bro-science or radical unsustainable diet “advice”.
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg

Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    And pretty much the article states that whey protein is a processed food, yet people still take it and eat ''clean'' food only.

There was a FLEX magazine article years ago and it wasn't too astounding. But a bodybuilder was marketing a certain whey protein powder and in an article a few pages after it mentions he stays away from processed food. So it's just always going to be like this.

You can lose weight just by eating donuts, but you'd be limited to about 6 a day on 2000 calories, and if you're trying to lose weight you'll sure go hungry and want to eat more food and then you'll be at 3000 calories before you know it. But the goal is to lose fat only so it's better in a small moderation.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

I'm the BB king..of puns. I train my back using only fish. I love my macker-rows.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I put the fruits under "bad" because they are so calorie dense, contain many carbs and sugar and you don't really feel full after eating just a little.
    So wrong. There's no food group with more evidence on beneficial effects than fruit.

Sugar in moderation isn't any problem. Carbs aren't bad either.

You'd probably benefit from reading the stickies.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    So wrong. There's no food group with more evidence on beneficial effects than fruit.

Sugar in moderation isn't any problem. Carbs aren't bad either.

You'd probably benefit from reading the stickies.
    Heh heh, I eat most of the stuff on her “bad” list almost daily, except the cake...I even eat sugar free pudding made with Fairlife milk for a delicious high protein snack.
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO thats actually not bad unless your a physique competitor with a contest soon.
    Most people would benefit greatly from the way your eating.
    Yes you could eat a little treat every day as long as it counted in your macros.
    Calorie intake is important but so is your activity level.
    Cardio and weight training sessions can be vey important.
    Define your goal with your what your.
    Have a diet journal if you don't already and you might as well have a training one also.
    Good luck.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whats the difference between Santa Claus, the easter bunny, and the guy who got fat eating apples?

There’s no such thing as a guy who got fat eating apples.
    Superbus est, qui loquitur in prouerbiis Latinis.

And to prove things further. I got depressed and was eating all my calories from junk food and gained weight. Soon as I got a job and was more active because of it I lost about 10lbs without realising it because I was still eating the same amount of food. I always thought you had to eat really ''clean'' to lose weight, but it's not true. Only noticed when I had to buy a belt for my trousers as they got slightly looser around my waist and people also noticed I lost a little weight.

Wasn't going to the gym at that point either. Obviously the weight loss stopped because the surplus I was in became my maintenence.

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nothing to add really. just eat at a deficit to lose weight
    munchies on a cut is the true test of discipline crew

Well I also eat the "bad" food very often. I meant that these foods are deemed to be bad by many not that I think that way.

Alright thanks. I'll continue until I see any difference hopefully.

MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Everything else aside, 300 grams of banana is 250 calories. 300 grams of chocolate is around 1,500 calories. Fruit is very low in calories compared to a lot of other foods.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been in the best shape of my life while eating fast food 5-7 days a week. It's just food.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100) AnonDC is not very well liked. (-100)
    Never seen someone call fruit bad on a diet.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    5’5”. 113lb and you’re concerned about eating too many calories?
    The power of carbs compels me!

earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) earthtospace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The bad food you are eating does not look so bad . Quantities matter. The worst type of food is processed food or food with conservatives meant to last for several months. Stay off these and you will be fine