Pengyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Garlic as a health supplement

I'm not really sure where to put this...I will be weaning off a blood thinning medicine in the next month or so. I am looking to ramp up on some kinds of supplements as I get off the drugs to help keep my blood thin and (hopefully) prevent the clot from coming back. I know that turmeric and garlic are well know for thinning blood, amongst other things. I already love garlic...my question here (maybe it sounds silly) how can you tank up on garlic and not smell like it? Does a steam room get the odor out?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Fish oil has a slight blood thinning effect and has well documented health benefits.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pengyou View Post
    I'm not really sure where to put this...I will be weaning off a blood thinning medicine in the next month or so. I am looking to ramp up on some kinds of supplements as I get off the drugs to help keep my blood thin and (hopefully) prevent the clot from coming back. I know that turmeric and garlic are well know for thinning blood, amongst other things. I already love garlic...my question here (maybe it sounds silly) how can you tank up on garlic and not smell like it? Does a steam room get the odor out?
    Is this something your Dr is aware of?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pengyou View Post
    You should discuss this with your doctor instead of an internet forum.

"Taking garlic may increase the risk of bleeding. If you take an anticoagulant (blood thinner) such as warfarin (Coumadin) or if you need surgery, tell your health care provider if you’re taking or planning to take garlic dietary supplements."

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/garlic/ataglance.htm