dekunut99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

VMOs are extremely sore after leg days. Improper form or quad imbalance?

After every leg day, I experience soreness almost exclusively in my lower inner thigh, and pretty sure it lines up well with the Vastus Medialis area.

It usually lasts much longer than typical DOMS, and no other section of my quads experience any real lasting soreness. Feel it the most with squats and lunges, and also if I ever cycle.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a form video. Just curious if this is more an issue of a weak VMO or if there’s something wrong with my form.

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    VMO is a fake muscle. But I know what you mean saying that. I dunno if it's even a problem, it's great you're able to hit it like that, I have a hell of a time hitting mine. Probably to do with your individual quad insertion anatomy and foot position rather than bad form etc.