gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

working out just to workout

as the title states, this is how i feel. i can workout 5 days a week and feel fine, but as soon as i go bowling, play volleyball, run, play basketball, etc. then my knees hurt for the next 5 days. what can i do to fix this? all comments welcome.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How are your warmups? Weight lifting is low impact movements, the other sports you're describing are pretty high impact. Pounding impacts are different than merely bending under load.

One reason I took up weight lifting the first time is because I couldn't run any more. You need to get those knees looked at by a credible physician, you can't expect lifting weights to protect them from other sports.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    How are your warmups? Weight lifting is low impact movements, the other sports you're describing are pretty high impact. Pounding impacts are different than merely bending under load.

One reason I took up weight lifting the first time is because I couldn't run any more. You need to get those knees looked at by a credible physician, you can't expect lifting weights to protect them from other sports.
    i weightlift 3 times a week (push/pull/legs) and do cardio 2 times a week ( airdyne bike/boxing). i always warm up before doing anything. i guess my thought process is if im exercising then my body will be functional and strong to do other things. its just frustrating.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    gwilacuz,

Yeah, you gotta lookout for that high impact bowling!

Sounds like it might be a gait problem. Like Elrond suggested, have it looked at.