lionking1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Digestive issues!

Hello. I've been exercising my whole life but just a few months ago I took lifting and nutrition seriously and have seen superhuman results. I started with a pretty bad skinny fat body just a few months back, I look in the mirror and my skinny fat frame is vanishing before my eyes (pictures attached). It's amazing how important nutrition is. I've been eating 3-4 balanced meals with a preference for high protein sources such as 200grams of chicken breast, 150grams cooked salmon, eggs in the morning, pasta with 25 grams worth of ground beef/pork, along with green vegetables in most meals. Sometimes I feel Im forcing myself to eat this way, for I dont get as hungry as I used to. I weigh around 3-5 pounds more since I started.
    I really like these changes on my physique but I started to have digestive issues since day 1. My stool is loose, I fart a lot and just 2 weeks ago I had a bad case of diarrhea for one day. I feel my digestive system has weakened and not even the probiotics I take everyday such as kombucha, yogurt, kefir, and supplements have been able to make it stronger. I am starting to feel lethargic at the gym and yawn all the time. I really dont feel the same in the gym as I used to when I began this journey.

I weigh 163 lbs, consume around 100-150 grams protein per day which includes an unflavored whey isolate protein shake. I dont eat much junk food, maybe once or twice per week, I prep my meals and have been mostly consistent with lifting and nutrition for these couple of months. Has anybody gone through this or is this an ugly aspect of bodybuilding that lifters have to get used to?
    Attached Images

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How many grams of carbs, protein, fat, and fiber are you getting daily? How many servings of fruits/vegetables? How many hours of sleep?

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just get tested or experiment cutting out dairy. That usually solves this problem. If not, do the same for gluten, nuts and other common allergens. Coffee does that to some people too.
    Whey concentrate does as well, but if you do isolate only that’s better.
    Stop kombucha immediately. Very common to have stomach problems on that. If I was you i’d simply stop dairy, gluten and kombucha. Probiotic many or may not be needed. Try cutting it out, then try a good brand, like garden of life Raw probiotic for men.

Do not do cooked veggies, another common one that makes some people fart like crazy.

Forget ground meats, eat a real steak. My stomach is a mess on ground beef VS normal steak for some reason. That also isn’t uncommon.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    How many grams of carbs, protein, fat, and fiber are you getting daily? How many servings of fruits/vegetables? How many hours of sleep?
    I weigh my food so I get almost the same amount on weight for carbs foods such as potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, as for my protein sources: chicken breast, pork chops, beef, fish. I also add butter to my veggies and fat to most meals. I dont know how much that translates into actual grams of carbs but I try to stay as balanced as possible. I might be getting a little more protein than carbs, but not by a crazy ratio. I sleep about 7 hours a day, though I have disturbances of sleep where I wake up early and have trouble going back to sleep. It might be that my digestive system is disturbing my sleep.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    Just get tested or experiment cutting out dairy. That usually solves this problem. If not, do the same for gluten, nuts and other common allergens. Coffee does that to some people too.
    Whey concentrate does as well, but if you do isolate only that’s better.
    Stop kombucha immediately. Very common to have stomach problems on that. If I was you i’d simply stop dairy, gluten and kombucha. Probiotic many or may not be needed. Try cutting it out, then try a good brand, like garden of life Raw probiotic for men.

Do not do cooked veggies, another common one that makes some people fart like crazy.

Forget ground meats, eat a real steak. My stomach is a mess on ground beef VS normal steak for some reason. That also isn’t uncommon.
    Most foods I eat now I used to eat before, except for the whey shake. Supposedly, whey isolate has very little lactose, but this brand I'm using (NOW SPORTS UNFLAVORED WHEY ISOLATE) has the same milky smell as the concentrates I've used before with other brands. So that might be affecting my gut more than anything else.