lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lookupmkultra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Do external rotation exercises for the rotator cuff also recruit the supraspinatus?

Do external rotation exercises for the rotator cuff also recruit the supraspinatus?

I'm specificity talking about the one where you lay down and do an external rotation.

I reason I ask is because a while back i injured my rotator cuffs and I saw a PT and she gave me like 5 different exercises (workouts that exercise all the muscles from the rotator cuffs). A few of them I can do pain free but for some of them I experience pain even without weight. Is it possible that I am over doing it with all the different exercises? Should I stick with the abductions and strengthen the just supraspinatus?

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would guess you're irritating a tendon entrapment, they tend to be bad in just one position. It's unwise for her to subscribe an exercise that gives you pain with no weight like that. Movement with mobilization would probably be the way to go, but she probably can't do it so try someone else.

The rotator cuffs work together to stabilize the shoulder, similar to how guy ropes work, so isolating them is dubious, and certainly non-functional.