bravevline2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Making my own meal replacement shakes

Recently I learned about meal replacement shakes and I thought the idea was genius. I know many people here hate the thought of giving up eating to get everything from a shake. I understand this, but with the way my life is going right now, it’s actually pretty feasible and fits in pretty well. Besides, I’m not completely giving up eating. I’m still going to eat my big breakfast which consists of a cup of oatmeal, chicken breast, and a good serving of fruit, although I’m thinking of dividing that into two separate meals early in the day because I think it might be better for my metabolism. I’m also going to have fish or a chicken breast with veggies later in the evening. I wanted to fit a meal replacement shake in to cover three meals a day aside from my three actual meals. Unfortunately, a lot of brands I looked at, such as Huel and soylent were very expensive and contained processed ingredients that are found to be not so good such as maltodextrin. It was because of this that I decided I was going to make my own home made meal replacement shake. It seemed intimidating at first, but I’ve now found it’s actually pretty easy to do and much cheaper. I’ll actually be saving more money this way than what I was saving on my previous diet last time I tried a bulk. I’m a pretty skinny ectomorph guy. 5’6 and 128 lbs. and I have a hard time gaining. I decided I’d take a short recess from the gym and have just been maintaining. Now I’m getting ready to go back hard and strong once more. Anyway with this new diet I’m gonna be getting about 400 grams of carbs, 200-250 grams protein, and 70 grams of fat, with most coming from the unsaturated fats with this diet. For these particular shakes, I got oatmeal and and chia seeds in bulk along with a plant based protein powder. To make it, I grind half a cup of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons chia seeds into a powder and add a serving of the protein powder. This puts the final product at 45g carbs, 14.5g fat, and 30g protein, for a total of 420 calories each.

The reason I’m posting is because I’m still pretty new to this world and I want to hear opinions on this macro split to make sure I’m not doing anything dangerous, getting too much or too little of something. I’m going to get the remainder of my carbs and protein from quinoa and whey protein. So all these macros will be coming from oats, chia seeds, plant protein mix, quinoa, whey protein, and chicken/fish. Of course I’ll also be eating plenty vegetables for nutrients. Now I just have to work on finding the appropriate gym routine.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bravevline2 View Post
    Recently I learned about meal replacement shakes and I thought the idea was genius. I know many people here hate the thought of giving up eating to get everything from a shake. I understand this, but with the way my life is going right now, it’s actually pretty feasible and fits in pretty well. Besides, I’m not completely giving up eating. I’m still going to eat my big breakfast which consists of a cup of oatmeal, chicken breast, and a good serving of fruit, although I’m thinking of dividing that into two separate meals early in the day because I think it might be better for my metabolism. I’m also going to have fish or a chicken breast with veggies later in the evening. I wanted to fit a meal replacement shake in to cover three meals a day aside from my three actual meals. Unfortunately, a lot of brands I looked at, such as Huel and soylent were very expensive and contained processed ingredients that are found to be not so good such as maltodextrin. It was because of this that I decided I was going to make my own home made meal replacement shake. It seemed intimidating at first, but I’ve now found it’s actually pretty easy to do and much cheaper. I’ll actually be saving more money this way than what I was saving on my previous diet last time I tried a bulk. I’m a pretty skinny ectomorph guy. 5’6 and 128 lbs. and I have a hard time gaining. I decided I’d take a short recess from the gym and have just been maintaining. Now I’m getting ready to go back hard and strong once more. Anyway with this new diet I’m gonna be getting about 400 grams of carbs, 200-250 grams protein, and 70 grams of fat, with most coming from the unsaturated fats with this diet. For these particular shakes, I got oatmeal and and chia seeds in bulk along with a plant based protein powder. To make it, I grind half a cup of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons chia seeds into a powder and add a serving of the protein powder. This puts the final product at 45g carbs, 14.5g fat, and 30g protein, for a total of 420 calories each.

The reason I’m posting is because I’m still pretty new to this world and I want to hear opinions on this macro split to make sure I’m not doing anything dangerous, getting too much or too little of something. I’m going to get the remainder of my carbs and protein from quinoa and whey protein. So all these macros will be coming from oats, chia seeds, plant protein mix, quinoa, whey protein, and chicken/fish. Of course I’ll also be eating plenty vegetables for nutrients. Now I just have to work on finding the appropriate gym routine.
    Your not an ecto, you just aren't eating enough

At those stats, I'd be having that shake in addition to, and not instead of, meals

Sticky here on macros, good read

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K