NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000)

Struggling on macros vs. losing weight.

Admittedly, I lost 15lbs and gained 5lbs back after slacking off. I am back on the horse - meaning back to doing what I was doing when I was losing a little under 1% weight every week, but thought I might have dropped more weight this week, instead I gained 0.5lbs this week.

I am lifting PPL 3 days on rest and then 3 days on again. I have been trying to up my protein, but when I do that my calories jump up and I think that might be why I saw the results I had this week.

Until I sort out how to get the proper amounts of protein within my caloric target, should I just focus on staying under my calories on consumption? Meaning should I just dial in on calories for the next few weeks and try to more thoughtfully focus on substitutions in diet to begin to increase protein without busting my calorie counts? Or is there something else I am not considering?

To give more background detail. I am early 40s, weigh 218.5lbs and my target calories is 1740.

Thanks for any advice.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your macros? Just for information currently consumed.

NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000) NextPound is a name known to all. (+5000)
    174g protein, 174g carbs, 39g fat.

Consistently over on fat, and under on the other two.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NextPound View Post
    Admittedly, I lost 15lbs and gained 5lbs back after slacking off. I am back on the horse - meaning back to doing what I was doing when I was losing a little under 1% weight every week, but thought I might have dropped more weight this week, instead I gained 0.5lbs this week.
    Most likely water weight due to extra stress from dieting on a greater deficit. Don't worry about it happens to all my weight goes up and down like a yoyo sometimes wonder if I am worse then a women on that time of the month.....

I am lifting PPL 3 days on rest and then 3 days on again. I have been trying to up my protein, but when I do that my calories jump up and I think that might be why I saw the results I had this week.
    Why are you upping your protein its high enough at 0.8g per lb of bw. Only lean mass needs protein not fat.

Until I sort out how to get the proper amounts of protein within my caloric target, should I just focus on staying under my calories on consumption? Meaning should I just dial in on calories for the next few weeks and try to more thoughtfully focus on substitutions in diet to begin to increase protein without busting my calorie counts? Or is there something else I am not considering?

To give more background detail. I am early 40s, weigh 218.5lbs and my target calories is 1740.

Thanks for any advice.
    I would keep running the calories you are at and possible cut carbs down a bit and add to fat as you are below the required amount. Run the calorie level for 3 weeks and see how much you lose.

Ok. Thanks. When I said I was upping my protein, I was mainly just trying to hit the mark since I am consistently under. Will run with the adjustments you said and see where I am in a few weeks. Much appreciated.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’re 218 lbs and eat 1700 calories? I’m about that weight and I’m cutting now and anything under 3000 calories I turn into a pencil in several days. There is good chance I would die of hunger after losing all of my muscles if I tried 2500 calories. How tall are you? I can’t believe the low calorie numbers people often post in these forums. It’s weird. It’s not like I run marathons either. I do maybe 60-90 minutes of normal cardio per week.

6ft. But I have a desk job. Not going to lie I get pretty hungry at 1740.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    You’re 218 lbs and eat 1700 calories? I’m about that weight and I’m cutting now and anything under 3000 calories I turn into a pencil in several days. There is good chance I would die of hunger after losing all of my muscles if I tried 2500 calories. How tall are you? I can’t believe the low calorie numbers people often post in these forums. It’s weird. It’s not like I run marathons either. I do maybe 60-90 minutes of normal cardio per week.
    It is sh** but it takes what it takes to lose fat. I know the feeling mate I really wish I could cut on the amount some people do. 3000 calories is my bulking amount about. Whatever the reasoning (varying TDEE, hormones, genetics who knows) the number doesn't matter its the fat lose that counts.

Some are just blessed with having a high TDEE others like us have to get like starved mouses to make progress and the given rate we are happy with. I will admit your calories are low (same as mine near enough and I am nearly 30lbs lighter) but it should get you to the finish line without dropping anything else if your counting is correct.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hunger is easy to stop. I got to visible abs a few times after a cut with no hunger, increase protein to 1.5g/lb, lowering carbs helps many people with hunger. As does increasing fat, water and greens. A fat burning supplement like starburn from Team 6 numbs appetite almost completely, so you don’t get hungry much, if at all.

How much weight are you losing weekly? Fat people can lose whatever, up to5. Lbs per week, who cares? But lean people should lose 1 lb and people under 15% body fat would do better losing only 0.5 weekly. This way you keep more muscle and have less hunger.

Basically fat loss is better in many ways when it’s a long term 6 months goal rather than looking for quick results.