PR1990201 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ken Fitness Journey 6 months Review/Critique

My name is Kenneth. I go by Ken or Kenny. Finally, decided to not be unhappy and do something about my fitness especially since it is literally part of job now. I'm from Tennessee. Currently, I go to school and my part time job if you will is serving in the National Guard. I've never been an athlete. I actively stayed away from being outside as a kid. I was never "fat" but very much out of shape. I did band in high school and still in college. While I still struggle with the requirements for the Guard I have improved to at least be able to pass a PT test. May not be impressive but I'm working on it. Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to find some people on here to talk and motivate to keep going.

I've made some progress but after 6 months I feel like I've not been doing it correctly. I always feel embarrassed which is silly but when people ask me if I go to the gym I say "eh sometimes not regularly" but in reality I go 6 days a week and watch what I eat in terms of macros. I just don't think I look like I got to the gym 6 days a week for 6 months. My goal is for a 300 on the PT test as well as while being comfortable with my shirt off with the abs etc. Maybe that's a confidence issue.

People, woman and men, are so impressive with muscular " tree trunk" legs. It is a goal of mine to try to get that with an overall aesthetic physique. Unfortunately, my entire family has small legs. If anyone can provide any feedback that would be awesome. I read so much online it can get overwhelming with the plethora of information I don't know if I made bad or good progress or if what I'm thinking is unrealistic I built my own workout plan from this very site trying to be specific on what I want.

Stats 5'8 195lbs last time I was taped was at 19%....don't think the army tape test is reliable at all so I guessed 21% or higher who knows.

Calories per day 1600-1700 with every Saturday I don't count anything...I record everything on MyfitnessPal and try to go up in weights every session

Monday Sets Reps
    Barbell Squat 3 10
    Single leg press 5 8
    Hip Thrust 3 15
    Quad Extension 3 12
    Hamstring Extension 3 20
    Calf Press 3 20

Tuesday
    Db Bench Press 3 10
    Single Arm Db press 3 8
    Tricep Dips 3 as many as I can
    Bicep Curls 3 12
    Reverse Fly 3 15
    Push ups 3 1 minute off one minute on
    Sit Ups 3 1 minute off one minute on

Wednesday
    Sumo Deadlift 5 5
    Barbell Row underhand 3 8
    Barbell Row overhand 3 8
    Wide grip Lat Pulldown 3 12
    Narrow grip lat Pull 3 12
    Tricep Press down 3 12
    Sprints 5 30/60s sprint 30 seconds and walk 1 minute
    5 60/120 sprint 60 seconds and walk 2 minutes

Thursday
    Box Squats 5 12
    Trap Bar Deadlift 3 12
    Step Ups Db 5 8
    Hip Thrust 3 15
    Calf Press 3 12

Friday
    Arnold Shoulder Press 3 8
    Single DB press shoulder 3 8
    Face Pull 3 12
    Tricep Push down 3 12
    Shoulder Press Db 3 8
    Narrow Grip Bench press 3 8
    Run 1 30 minutes on track

Saturday
    Hip Thrust 3 15
    Romanian DL 3 8
    Bulgarian Squat 3 8
    Hip Abductor 3 20

Sunday
    Rest

Thanks! Ready to keep the progress going.
    Apologize for the hair I hate it tbh just wanted to get these pics up today i'm telling you that hair is a jungle i was not blessed with good body hair genetics.
    Last edited by PR1990201; 07-10-2019 at 06:45 PM.

DaveDavit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's definitely a good progress. Keep up the good work!

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That’s good progress! You definitely look like you go to the gym and remember that building muscle takes time and probably takes years to look like someone in a magazine or on instagram.

Keep it up!
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008