jayj283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Big issue with my abs

Hi there,

I’m a fit 17 y old around 65kg, 6ft. I’ve always been good at doing workouts but ive noticed that there has been very little progress with my abs. They are not segmented like normal abs and right now just look like a bump in my stomach. I’m really not sure about what I am doing wrong. I have a body fat % 8%. Aswell as eating healthy. I really want them to look good before I go away but have no clue what to do.

I’ve been doing them since September and defo doing them right as I’ve had someone help me and make sure I’m doing it right, will cut out carbs thank you.
    Originally Posted by sarahjames01 View Post
    I think you are not doing the abs workout well. and i think you are eating some carbs as well. Do your legs workout too.

dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jayj283 View Post
    Hi there,

I’m a fit 17 y old around 65kg, 6ft. I’ve always been good at doing workouts but ive noticed that there has been very little progress with my abs. They are not segmented like normal abs and right now just look like a bump in my stomach. I’m really not sure about what I am doing wrong. I have a body fat % 8%. Aswell as eating healthy. I really want them to look good before I go away but have no clue what to do.
    One of two reasons your abs aren't showing. One, your body fat % is not what you think it is, where there is still fat covering them because if it was truly 8% this wouldn't be the case. Two, which is equally possible giving your height and weight is you just are underdeveloped in your core for any muscles to really show. You need to reflect on both of these for an honest assessment on which it is and then address it.

adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dmatsinger View Post
    One of two reasons your abs aren't showing. One, your body fat % is not what you think it is, where there is still fat covering them because if it was truly 8% this wouldn't be the case. Two, which is equally possible giving your height and weight is you just are underdeveloped in your core for any muscles to really show. You need to reflect on both of these for an honest assessment on which it is and then address it.
    agreed.

also, cutting carbs won't make you lose weight any faster than eating a healthy amount. Only thing you'll change is your water weight, which will make you look less bloated. But by you stating you're at 8% body fa,t I highly doubt you even track your intake to know how many carbs you're eating anyways.
    NC Crew
    Busch Light Crew
    Hard Part Crew
    chong my fking dong crew
    pureblood crew

Hmm okay thanks for the help, I have a withings scale which told me my body fat but will start to eat less carbs and do more cardio, appreciate the advice

Originally Posted by dmatsinger View Post

Thanks for the advice, what would you say is a “healthy” amount of carbs to be having? I have around 2l of water a day is that alright. Appreciate it though

Originally Posted by adigiro1 View Post
    agreed.

also, cutting carbs won't make you lose weight any faster than eating a healthy amount. Only thing you'll change is your water weight, which will make you look less bloated. But by you stating you're at 8% body fa,t I highly doubt you even track your intake to know how many carbs you're eating anyways.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No reason to cut back on carbs. They are not evil and will not magically stop you from having abs. Notice that the poster who gave you that advice has a bunch of red blocks under her name - meaning she has a negative reputation on these forums, usually earned from giving bad advice.

Registered User jthomasofficial's Avatar
    jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jthomasofficial has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    #1. Not enough core work for them to show
    #2. Your BF is miscalculated, you need to lose more abdominal fat.
    #3. Maybe you have poor ab genetics

Oh damn okay thanks sorry I didn’t use this much. Would you recommend I just do a good amount of cardio in order for then to show up a bit more?

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    No reason to cut back on carbs. They are not evil and will not magically stop you from having abs. Notice that the poster who gave you that advice has a bunch of red blocks under her name - meaning she has a negative reputation on these forums, usually earned from giving bad advice.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow how do you know your at 8% body fat?
    Thats lean and what many competitive bodybuilders get to.
    A picture would help to be able to give a better answer.
    One thing is your can't change your genetics.
    If the abs are a certain shape thats pretty much how they will be.
    You may be able to build them up more with weight and define them more through more dieting but you have what you were born with and thats it.

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You are underdeveloped at your height and weight! You need to be eating healthy, training hard and taking advantage of this growing state.

The abs will come, but it takes time!
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your fine
    most people will never have abs.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pointless thread without a picture...post a picture and we will know the reason and the solution, instead of guessing. So easy to post pictures these days there is no reason not to.