Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Saw an “old” guy in great shape...

So, walking into Walmart and I saw this guy a bit older than me, maybe late 50s, early 60s?? Guy was in great shape. Modestly snug T-shirt, broad chest and shoulders, respectable arms and legs. Guy had great posture, skin was tight...honestly, you could have put a 20 year old guys head on his body and wouldn’t have thought twice about it.

We had sort of an awkward moment when we noticed each other...just a little to much respectful bromance eyeing up and eye contact. At first I didn’t know why the experience was sort of odd (and no, “no homo”, he was with what I assume was his wife of many decades)...then I realized, this was the FIRST guy I’ve ever seen in real life who was around my age and in good shape (as in, healthy AND muscular).

People talk all the time about older people still being muscular is rare, but I always took that with a grain of salt, but this made me search the data base of my brain and realize, other than the gym (and I’ve been a home gym guy for about 6 years now) I’ve NEVER seen an old guy looking muscular on the street in the cities I frequent here in The Midwest...and I live in a tourist area, so this guy was probably just on vacation.
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We old folks prefer to be referred to as "seasoned".

Thread reported!!!!!!

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I bet.

I see plenty of old guys that are fit. Half the 70 year olds around here could work me into the ground.
    It wasn’t meant to be an insulting thread...just stating a personal observation. I said “cities” meaning urban places I go to work or shop. I live in the country on 5 acres of woods, so I don’t see many people “on the street” there.

I’m guessing other people’s experiences may be different, especially in places like, say California...but doesn’t change the personal observation.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    It wasn’t meant to be an insulting thread...just stating a personal observation. I said “cities” meaning urban places I go to work or shop. I live in the country on 5 acres of woods, so I don’t see many people “on the street” there.

I’m guessing other people’s experiences may be different, especially in places like, say California...but doesn’t change the personal observation.
    lol....I'm better now, just had a double of Geritol.

Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Payton1221 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Grub,

I think you're right. I'll occasionally see a few older guys that are lean, but it is quite rare to see one that's lean with some size.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People talk all the time about older people still being muscular is rare, but I always took that with a grain of salt, but this made me search the data base of my brain and realize, other than the gym
    I just returned from 4 days in a tourist area and I had the exact same realization and was even thinking about commenting about it here on the board. Now I was in Gettysburg PA, an area rich with Civil War history, and most of the tourists were guys in their 30's and older with their families. But in 4 days walking around the battlefields, our hotel, and numerous museums and other tourist areas I saw a total of 2 guys who had good builds out of thousands of people over 4 days. I am talking total, not just guys my age, and both that did have good builds were in their 30's. I did see a few younger locals like the kid who served our pizza who had a good build but he was college age so make that a total of less than 5 guys out of thousands.

It made me realize how rare it is and like you said talking with guys on this board and seeing young guys at the YMCA it gives me the perception that it is more common. If I was at a beach resort with a younger crowd it would have been different but I agree with grub in that it made me realize how rare it really is for guys our age. I did see some older guys who looked in shape and they may have been cyclist or runners because those guys were thin with no muscle although they were in shape.

We had sort of an awkward moment when we noticed each other...just a little to much respectful bromance eyeing up and eye contact.
    LOL!

My wife says she sees women checking me out since I "got fit" but I see way more men doing it. And I do the same when I see a guy with a good build, just an extra glance two. If I saw another guy in his 50's, however, it may be more than a glance. I did have a lady at a museum this week tell me I looked like a model LMAO! The body of a middle aged fitness model a big maybe..., but I sure as hell don't have the looks or face of a model and never have LOL.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I played P/U hockey with an older retired fella a few years ago...my guess about 60-65?, he was probably the best player on the ice, not fast by any means....just absolutely no mistakes and always in the right place at the right time, excellent puck handling skills. This Fella was absolutely shredded, not big but extremely lean and muscular, again you could put that 25 year old head on his body. He stood out around the rest of us slugs in the locker room. Apparently he is a good water skier as well. I hope to be that great of shape someday.
    Strength + Cardio + Proprioception = dominance

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's keep the lid securely closed on age/hormones/whatever discussion (I'm not starting that one OK).
    But what is sometimes ignored is spare time. In my early 20s I had more time than I knew what to do with. Nowadays I chose meals partly on how quickly I can eat them in case I don't have time to finish (it happens).
    I think that's one factor in why so many 20s are bigger than their elders, especially the 40s and 50s.
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.

Attempting "Convict Conditioning", http://www.4hourlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Convict-Conditioning-Progressions-Wall-Chart.jpg

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    But what is sometimes ignored is spare time. In my early 20s I had more time than I knew what to do with. Nowadays I chose meals partly on how quickly I can eat them in case I don't have time to finish (it happens).
    I think that's one factor in why so many 20s are bigger than their elders, especially the 40s and 50s.
    Maybe, but I think it is much more than that because the vast majority of guys in their 40’s and 50’s don’t exercise at all because it isn’t a priority. Life happens and many of us got fat and out of shape when we got married and had kids, myself included.

Really I don’t buy the “time” thing. Yes we have more commitments than in our 20’s but our health is an investment and not an expense. Mowing the grass, yard work/landscaping etc... is not more important than our health but most middle aged guys seem to be obsessed with those things or with material things like cars, boats, motorcycles, etc... We all have different priorities but for me family time and my health/fitness come first.

I saw the overweight guys at our hotel pool and could see in their eyes that they don’t think it’s possible for them to be fit in their 40’s but in reality they are not willing to put in the work to make it possible. I know because I used to think the same.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.

Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    but I see way more men doing it. And I do the same when I see a guy with a good build, just an extra glance two. If I saw another guy in his 50's, however, it may be more than a glance.
    Yeah, I can recognize a guy who lifts a mile away...hope I get the same respect.

It sounds “odd” but I’m a calf watcher...I can’t help but always look at calves on everyone...there is so much variety in genetics and development it’s crazy. Sometimes I’ll see totally normal people (not fat or muscular) with mr. Olympia level calves...wish I won the genetic lotto.

waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50) waknickm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As I have gotten in shape, I ended up looking younger. The fit 40's and some 50's may look like they're in their 30s, so you don't notice as much.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We had sort of an awkward moment when we noticed each other...just a little to much respectful bromance eyeing up and eye contact.
    It felt odd/ kinda homo'ish to me too, that's why I didn't approach.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    It felt odd/ kinda homo'ish to me too, that's why I didn't approach.
    I know you’re PROBABLY just kidding around...but looking at your gallery shot again, it actually COULD have been you...grey/white goatee, probably 6 foot+...baseball cap, green T-shirt (I think)...depends where you spent your 4th.

...although I didn’t recall any arm tattoos.

I knew I've heard this scenario before.........I just couldn't place it until now.

(ETA: I know you know I'm just funnin')

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Old guy lifter here. I get a mixture of respect from some. Others look at me like they feel challenged or something. I'm a huge hit with heavy, saggy, out of shape women in their 40' and 50's. I love have some fun and flirt with them. It's harmless. We laugh and exchange a few lines with each other. They know the game.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, I can recognize a guy who lifts a mile away...hope I get the same respect.

It sounds “odd” but I’m a calf watcher...I can’t help but always look at calves on everyone...there is so much variety in genetics and development it’s crazy. Sometimes I’ll see totally normal people (not fat or muscular) with mr. Olympia level calves...wish I won the genetic lotto.
    You can get big calves from just carrying around a bunch of extra weight. I've never noticed a Man's calves but a Woman with meaty calves has always been a quirky thing I find attractive.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Post Workout Commando Crew

LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    Old guy lifter here. I get a mixture of respect from some. Others look at me like they feel challenged or something. I'm a huge hit with heavy, saggy, out of shape women in their 40' and 50's. I love have some fun and flirt with them. It's harmless. We laugh and exchange a few lines with each other. They know the game.

Nice!!! when I first started lifting age 22-23 and hitting the bars I immediately made friends with some local muscle heads in their 30's and 40's, I never phucking trained with them (and they always wanted me too, I was drug-free, they, not) well, it was real fun flirting around with with those middle age dolls!!!

......we all wore skin tight shirts, or leader was 33 every night wore a skin tight black shirt and genes to be honest he had stick legs and the chicks made fun of him about that......but he was a good looking dude in the face.........he told me once "were doing 3-hour legs tomorrow at Bailys, stop by", I was like "3-hour legs? YOU", HA!, I said, "I do high rep deads", he goes, "man, that's rough".

.....I miss those days, and I wonder where that crew is now?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    Maybe, but I think it is much more than that because the vast majority of guys in their 40’s and 50’s don’t exercise at all because it isn’t a priority. Life happens and many of us got fat and out of shape when we got married and had kids, myself included.

Really I don’t buy the “time” thing. Yes we have more commitments than in our 20’s but our health is an investment and not an expense. Mowing the grass, yard work/landscaping etc... is not more important than our health but most middle aged guys seem to be obsessed with those things or with material things like cars, boats, motorcycles, etc... We all have different priorities but for me family time and my health/fitness come first.

I saw the overweight guys at our hotel pool and could see in their eyes that they don’t think it’s possible for them to be fit in their 40’s but in reality they are not willing to put in the work to make it possible. I know because I used to think the same.
    Well said. Well said. Well said.

That was myself as well, to a T, in my 40's and until the end of my 50's. Never again.

I'm thrilled when I see a very fit but non-model older man or woman in a random situation. And, like grubman mentioned, such sightings are extremely rare.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Grubman,

Here's a middle aged man for you to look at.....ever see "The Wanderers"?

https://youtu.be/sDRq06XvgB8

The bid brawl at the end......bad ass!!!

https://youtu.be/3fVmWP4hozI

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I see people who work out from time to time. I find it funny when I have seen a few really built guys....at times the first thought that comes in my head is 'look at that dumb muscle head'. Srs. Then I realize I am probably bigger then them. This is an interesting thing. I dont want to be perceived like that, but I understand where it comes from, and I am even guilty of it myself.

It is why I never want to look like 'that guy'. Trying too hard to show off. Sure in the gym, I am tank tops all the time, but while I am proud of my physique, I dont want to be defined by it.

When I see a big dude....they are usually dressed in a stereotypical manner. Maybe a tank top and tribal band tattoo. (sounds funny but way too true)

We just had a 4th of july party and to be honest I felt a little self-conscious taking off my shirt in front of some of my friends. Those ones that are not super close. It is a funny thing how freaking warped our minds can be with this stuff. When I first started to get back in shape, I was so proud of how far I had come. Now I am actually a little embarrassed at my age the way I look. I understand that many people dont get it and those who dont know me will probably draw inaccurate conclusions about me.

Go figure..... I will still be at the gym tomorrow, and still be trying to improve in small ways.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I see people who work out from time to time. I find it funny when I have seen a few really built guys....at times the first thought that comes in my head is 'look at that dumb muscle head'. Srs. Then I realize I am probably bigger then them. This is an interesting thing. I dont want to be perceived like that, but I understand where it comes from, and I am even guilty of it myself.

It is why I never want to look like 'that guy'. Trying too hard to show off. Sure in the gym, I am tank tops all the time, but while I am proud of my physique, I dont want to be defined by it.

When I see a big dude....they are usually dressed in a stereotypical manner. Maybe a tank top and tribal band tattoo. (sounds funny but way too true)

We just had a 4th of july party and to be honest I felt a little self-conscious taking off my shirt in front of some of my friends. Those ones that are not super close. It is a funny thing how freaking warped our minds can be with this stuff. When I first started to get back in shape, I was so proud of how far I had come. Now I am actually a little embarrassed at my age the way I look. I understand that many people dont get it and those who dont know me will probably draw inaccurate conclusions about me.

Go figure..... I will still be at the gym tomorrow, and still be trying to improve in small ways.
    Ha ha, I know what you mean on all counts (well, except the being “bigger” part ). I see guys and think the “musclhead” thought as well, but it’s usually something about the way they look or flaunt it...like you said, they are wanting to be defined by their muscles (in a way, like some people flaunt their tattoos to portray a certain image).

Over the years I’ve become very much a T-shirt and jeans guy. I hardly ever go anywhere or do anything where a T-shirt isn’t appropriate these days, and it’s what I’m comfortable in. By its very nature, a well fitting (not tight, just not all sloppy) T-shirt shows that I’m in athletic shape. I don’t suck in the gut or puff the chest...likewise, these are the same type of men and women I respect...the ones who look and act normal, but you can tell by the outline they take care of themselves.

I’m not huge like you, but I very very very rarely ever take off my shirt in public, and I’m usually embarrassed if I “have to” for one reason or another. Even though the reaction is good and complimentary (sometimes embarrassingly so), the preconceived notions of narcissism, sometimes underlined with jealousy, are often there.

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post

And yet, 'professionals' will have oval stickers on their foreign cars with the marathon distance they ran. As if you're smart to train aerobics but dumb to train anaerobically. It's a stereotype. Training is blue collar meathead, while running is white collar professional. I want an oval sticker with my max lifts in it. LOL!
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

And yet, 'professionals' will have oval stickers on their foreign cars with the marathon distance they ran. As if you're smart to train aerobics but dumb to train anaerobically. It's a stereotype. Training is blue collar meathead, while running is white collar professional. I want an oval sticker with my max lifts in it. LOL!
    So true! Where I work there are 10 or more guys in their 30’s through 60’s who are really into cycling. So I see the same thing, it’s “cool” to be into biking but people probably think it’s strange for me to be into lifting in my 50’s.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, must be a US thing (just been Googling it), I've never see oval stickers on cars with running distances in UK, why would anyone want to have one of those?

Although over here there are similarities: strength training, powerlifting etc has blue-collar association and e.g. triathlon is definitely associated with white collar. Strange what B.S. some people use when making their decisions.

drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is definitely very rare to see an older guy who is BOTH fit and muscular around where I live. Seeing just a fit looking older guy (runner or cyclist) is much more common.

ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I definitely have had that awkward "Okay, you lift but I'm not sure if you are bigger/stronger than me" moment with some brahs I have seen when out and about.

Was on a big boat party for the 4th of July with like a dozen big pontoon boats tied together and I honestly didn't see one other dude that "looked like he lifted" though.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50) culican will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How the Other Half Lifts: What Your Workout Says About Your Social Class
    https://psmag.com/social-justice/hal...al-class-85221

KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000)
    Must be my location but I see lot's of "older" men and women looking jacked and in great shape.

I
    Originally Posted by KidFreeze View Post
    Must be my location
    Well...your avitar shows you running on the beach...so I’m going to say, yeah, probably.

EDIT: Goddammit! Your that adamgentile guy (or whatever), I had you on my ignore list...now you changed names? What, did you get banned?
    Last edited by grubman; 07-08-2019 at 01:01 PM.