Thread: day 1

DavidHoney54 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

day 1

Well, after signing up ages ago and doing nothing,something `clicked` for me other day. Im out of shape,I smoked cannabis [just quit] and am ashamed of how much ive let myself go. I am hoping to look back in a few months and wonder who the hell is that guy??
    I am an unemployed single parent that has just quit cannabis and battles with depression/feeling sorry for myself. Any excuse not to get fit will do for me. Things have to and must change. What the hell kinda example am I setting. Any advice for this ageing soon to be 56 yr old,skinny fat person would be greatly received.
    This could be the start of something new.......if you can,then what stops me.

Thank you in advance

David

Franziaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome that you had something click for you and you're ready to start fresh! As an ex cannabis smoker myself finding new routines/habits to replace it with will go a long way. There's nothing better than pushing yourself physically in the gym, or outside of it, to fill you with a different high.

Just try and be consistent until it's a habit and let the endorphins flow!

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my advice is to get your mind right first and your body will follow.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Originally Posted by Franziaa View Post
    Awesome that you had something click for you and you're ready to start fresh! As an ex cannabis smoker myself finding new routines/habits to replace it with will go a long way. There's nothing better than pushing yourself physically in the gym, or outside of it, to fill you with a different high.

Just try and be consistent until it's a habit and let the endorphins flow!
    Thank you for the advice and support..its very much appreciated

Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    my advice is to get your mind right first and your body will follow.
    Absolutely I will....it has been very easy,Im quite surprised with myself. Thank you for the support and advice.

DaveDavit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're welcome, David! Welcome aboard!

Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaomoita will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats to you for making such a great decision. Just stay consistent to your goals and do your best to not lose motivation, just picture what you would look like a year from today if you keep up with your goals. Find a good program, follow a meal plan, and above all else, never skip a day of working out just because "you don't feel like it today". Good luck on your progress!

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll come to realize the longer you take better care of yourself, the better you'll feel. Both mentally and physically. I started again after a 20 year lay-off, at 61, a year ago.

Give yourself 6 months to adjust, and tell me if I lied.

thank you

Originally Posted by Joaomoita View Post
    Congrats to you for making such a great decision. Just stay consistent to your goals and do your best to not lose motivation, just picture what you would look like a year from today if you keep up with your goals. Find a good program, follow a meal plan, and above all else, never skip a day of working out just because "you don't feel like it today". Good luck on your progress!
    thank you for the advise

Originally Posted by DavidHoney54 View Post
    Well, after signing up ages ago and doing nothing,something `clicked` for me other day. Im out of shape,I smoked cannabis [just quit] and am ashamed of how much ive let myself go. I am hoping to look back in a few months and wonder who the hell is that guy??
    I am an unemployed single parent that has just quit cannabis and battles with depression/feeling sorry for myself. Any excuse not to get fit will do for me. Things have to and must change. What the hell kinda example am I setting. Any advice for this ageing soon to be 56 yr old,skinny fat person would be greatly received.

Thank you in advance

David
    I have had a few days of no sugar,bread,pasta etc and feel so much better. Stretching this morning and compound weight movement [if ive got that right] this evening. Onward and upward #itsnevertoolate

Unwoundpuppy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome, great job making that first step. Can't wait to read more about your journey here.

Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toxhicide has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good luck, I'll also be starting my journey soon.

Originally Posted by DavidHoney54 View Post

Thank you in advance

David
    I have felt utterly wiped out today and slept so much. I think its my body/mind coming to terms with the changes in my life. I posting my week 1 photo tomorrow and dont expect huge visible changes,but the internal changes are fab!! Loving this pot free life,clean eating and exercising life..

lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lockdown45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Looking forward to seeing your first week photos man, lifting weights can be a positive outlet in life. It's just you and the weight, everything else just melts away when you're in that zone. Keep it up and remember bodybuilding is a journey not a marathon, if it makes you feel good hold onto that feeling because it will keep you going.
    "There are no limits, yet everyone has them."