View Poll Results: DO YOU PLACE YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST ALONE FOR SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

12 13.64%
  • NO

41 46.59%
  • I ALREADY PLACED MY FAITH IN CHRIST AND HIS SACRIFICE FOR MY SINS

28 31.82%
  • OTHER

7 7.95%
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BrosefMengele View Post
    "It's not added to the Bible"

It literally is. It's called the Johannine Comma.

Lol.
    According to your Jehovah's Witness sources that also twist the Bible to fit their false doctrine. It's not in some manuscripts which is why it is not in all translations because some use different manuscripts. The truth is that you don't know which is right. But it doesn't matter because the rest of Scripture affirms it as you have clearly seen and rejected.
    Last edited by Paddington; 04-20-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ohh, so now Jesus and the Spirit are "different aspects" of God, but you just said that Jesus is the Spirit.

So you're contradicting yourself.
    God the Father=God the Son=God the Holy Spirit=These three are one.

You don't believe what the Bible says. That is your problem.

Was this added to the Bible?

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000)
    What made you become a Christian OP? Srs
    Hi, uh, we were looking for a muffler for a ‘77 Chevy

Originally Posted by jaqe View Post
    What made you become a Christian OP? Srs
    I became a Christian when I was 4. My uncle witnessed to my brother and asked him if he wanted to be saved. I knew I wanted to be saved. He said "No you are too little, get out of here". My uncle prayed with my brother on the steps, but I listened in and prayed it also because I wanted to be saved. God can use any one I guess.

jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000) jaqe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I became a Christian when I was 4. My uncle witnessed to my brother and asked him if he wanted to be saved. I knew I wanted to be saved. He said "No you are too little, get out of here". My uncle prayed with my brother on the steps, but I listened in and prayed it also because I wanted to be saved. God can use any one I guess.
    Is your bro still an active Christian? What’s been something big that God has done in your life?

Originally Posted by jaqe View Post
    Is your bro still an active Christian? What’s been something big that God has done in your life?
    My brother is a Christian. Not sure how active he is. Something Big God has done for me is that He has spoken to me on many occastions. He spoke to me in 2001 and told me to go to a certain Church. He has given me many visions, usually while I am sleeping. I have heard the Lord's voice. I am far from perfect and I need forgiveness like everyone else.

My brother is a Christian. Not sure how active he is. Something Big God has done for me is that He has spoken to me on many occastions. He spoke to me in 2001 and told me to go to a certain Church. He has given me many visions, usually while I am sleeping. I have heard the Lord's voice. I am far from perfect and I need forgiveness like everyone else.
    Interesting stuff, thanks for the replies. Have you ever fallen away/out of faith at any point in your life?

BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    According to your Jehovah's Witness sources that also twist the Bible to fit their false doctrine.
    "The Johannine Comma (Latin: Comma Johanneum) is an interpolated phrase in verse 5:7-8 of the First Epistle of John. It became a touchpoint for Protestant and Catholic debates over the doctrine of the Trinity in the early modern period.

The passage first appeared as an addition to the Vulgate, the Ecclesiastical Latin translation of the Bible, and entered the Greek manuscript tradition in the 15th century. It does not appear in the oldest Latin manuscripts, and appears to have originated as a gloss around the end of the 4th century. Some scribes gradually incorporated this annotation into the main text over the course of the Middle Ages.

The first Greek manuscript of the New Testament that contains the comma dates from the 15th century."

Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannine_Comma

"An interpolation, in relation to literature and especially ancient manuscripts, is an entry or passage in a text that was not written by the original author. As there are often several generations of copies between an extant copy of an ancient text and the original, each handwritten by different scribes, there is a natural tendency for extraneous material to be inserted into such documents over time."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interp..._(manuscripts)
    Last edited by BrosefMengele; 04-21-2020 at 12:47 AM.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    God the Father=God the Son=God the Holy Spirit=These three are one.

You don't believe what the Bible says. That is your problem.
    You're not even quoting the Bible, you're just making stuff up.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

It's not in some manuscripts which is why it is not in all translations because some use different manuscripts.
    It's not in *THE OLDEST* manuscripts which means it was *ADDED* later on which is why it's not in all translations.

LOL.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

The truth is that you don't know which is right.
    I'm gonna go with *THE OLDER* manuscripts being the most right, the ones *WITHOUT* the added part.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

I'm gonna go with *THE OLDER* manuscripts being the most right, the ones *WITHOUT* the added part.
    Not necessarily. They were in very good condition probably because they were corrupt and missing the verses that you don't like. This means they weren't used possibly because it was corrupt, but because it was the Word of God, they didn't believe in destroying it.

THE BIBLE TEACHES THAT JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

There are some religions out there that believe and teach that Jesus Christ is not God. Some teach that He is a god, but not thee God. I am going to demonstrate through the word of God that He is God and created all things.

Jesus’s name “Immanuel” LITERALLY means “God with us”

Mt 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

He always existed (from everlasting):

Mic 5:2 (NKJV) "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, [Though] you are little among the thousands of Judah, [Yet] out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth [are] from of old, From everlasting."

This prophecy is of Christ's first comming. His Goings forth have been from everlasting because Christ Jesus is God.

Jesus Christ is one with the Father. He is God.

Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Jesus declares Himself to be the great I AM of the Old Testiment. I AM is God's Name

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

I am IS God. There is only one God. That God has three parts.

Ex 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

His Disciple/Apostle Peter Admits that Jesus knows “All things” (Only God knows all things)

Joh 21:17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.

The Bible calls Jesus Christ The Great God and our Savior:

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Jesus Knows Our Thoughts

Mt 9:4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?

Lu 11:17 But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls.

In Him Dwells all of the fullness of the Godhead Bodily:

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. {rudiments: or, elements} {make a prey: or, seduce you, or, lead you astray} For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 1:12 ¶ Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
    13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: {his...: Gr. the Son of his love}
    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

He is the image of the invisible God. All things were created by Him:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. {in...: or, among all} 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

God's plurality is found in Genesis

Ge 1:26 ¶ Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

His Disciple/Apostle Thomas Confessed Him to be God and Jesus did NOT rebuke Him for it:

Joh 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

This verse demonstrates how God has multiple aspects. He said Let “US” make man in “OUR” image. He didn’t say, let me make man in My image, He said let US make man is OUR image.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares Christ Jesus to be God:

Joh 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

His Apostle/Disciple John declares that the world was made by Him (Jesus Christ)

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

All things were made by Him and He was in the beginning with God (Father)

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

There are MANY places where He is worshipped and Jesus NEVER tells them not to worship Him, NOT once. Only God is to be worshipped, because Jesus IS God, Jesus IS worshipped:

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. {presented: or, offered}
    Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
    Mt 9:18 ¶ While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
    Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
    Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
    Mt 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. {worshipped him: or, besought him}
     Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
    Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
    Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
    Mr 15:19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.
    Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
    Ac 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
    Re 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Scripture refers to Him as the Lord, Jesus Christ. The phrase "The Lord" is unique only to God:

Here are a few mentioning "The Lord Your God"

De 5:6 ¶ I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. {bondage: Heb. servants}

De 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

De 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

De 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

Here are many calling Him Jesus Christ, The Lord.

Ac 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Ac 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ac 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Ro 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ro 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ro 15:30 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

2Co 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. <<The second [epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, a city of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.]>>

Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 6:23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: {conversation...: or, we live or conduct ourselves as citizens of heaven, or, for obtaining heaven}

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 1:1 ¶ Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Trinity (Three in one)

Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Father, Son and Spirit Present at Christ’s Baptism:

Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Conclusion: Jesus Christ is God. Not a God but the God of the bible. God has three personalities. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are equal, yet the Son is submissive to the Father and the Holy Spirit is submissive to the Son.

Later

Kentucky church hammers out deal for drive-in services

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/kentucky...rive-services/

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hopefully God spoke to you through His Word, because that is the function of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26). God gives no new revelation today (Hebrews 1:1). His Word is sufficient. Otherwise we have no idea if what God said to "so and so" is true, especially if He were to tell someone else something that contradicts that. Who is right? If God is speaking today, then it needs to be added to the Canon of Scripture (2nd Timothy 3:16). Saying that you have had visions and heard voices is a slippery slope for a Christian.

EDIT: I do appreciate what you are doing ITT. I am always concerned when people say that God speaks to them outside the Bible.

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    Hopefully God spoke to you through His Word, because that is the function of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26). God gives no new revelation today (Hebrews 1:1). His Word is sufficient. Otherwise we have no idea if what God said to "so and so" is true, especially if He were to tell someone else something that contradicts that. Who is right? If God is speaking today, then it needs to be added to the Canon of Scripture (2nd Timothy 3:16). Saying that you have had visions and heard voices is a slippery slope for a Christian.

EDIT: I do appreciate what you are doing ITT. I am always concerned when people say that God speaks to them outside the Bible.
    OP is full of crap.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
    Matthew 11:27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

strongs notes G3762 oudeis
    from G3761 and G1520; not even one (man, woman or thing), i.e. none, nobody, nothing.

strongs notes G1921 epiginosko ep-ig-in-oce'-ko from G1909 and G1097; o know upon some mark, i.e. recognize; by implication, to become fully acquainted with, to acknowledge.

Your third person doesn't know the Father or Son.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post

I grew up in the Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. They always made that false claim, that God ONLY speaks through the Bible. I will say this, God primarily speaks through the Bible. The Bible is 100% God's Word and anything that contradicts God's Word is false. I don't believe that God gives new doctrine through prophets today, I would agree with that. God doesn't speak to me in that manner. He primarily directs my life many times by telling me what He wants me to do. Many times it's audible. He also will tell me when I am doing something wrong and many times it is audible.

God gives no new revelation in what way? To say that there are no more prophets in this day and age is false. Is the Bible sufficient? Yes it is. However, God uses modern prophets to confirm His Word. God showed me that He is not a Baptist. It doesn't matter what men think. My Grandfather was a Baptist minister who thought that exact same way. He would tell me that God did not speak to me. Well he was wrong like you are. My father also has issue with it. Too bad for him. I tell him things God says to me and he has nothing to say. He can't refute it with Scripture because it doesn't contradict Scripture. If it did, then you would be right, it isn't from God, because God will never tell you to do something that contradicts His Word, the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 has NOTHING to do with prophets. It is referring to the Scriptures it's self. The Bible IS what is being referred to when it says the Word Prophecy in that verse. It means that no Scripture can be interpreted in of it's self, it must be compared to the rest of the Bible. In other words, you can't take a verse out of context and make a whole doctrine out of it.

I will add another verse that they use that you must know about that they use. My dad always quotes this to say that there are no prophets today:

1Co 13:8 ¶ Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Here is where the debate really is with those who think like you:

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Those who believe like you say that "That which is perfected" is the completion of the Bible. In other words, When the Bible is complete, there will be no more prophets.

Those who believe that prophets are still going will come back and say "That which is perfected" is referring to Christ's return to the earth. Since Christ hasn't come yet, there are still prophets. I would have to agree with them.

I was taught that speaking in tongues is not for today. I will say this: I don't personally speak in tongues, but I know true born again believers who do. So, although I do not understand this gift, as many don't understand prophecy, I can't say that it is not from God.

Remember this, the Pharisees attributed Christ's miracles and the works of the Holy Spirit to satan and according the Baptists, that is the Blaphemy of the Holy Spirit. All I can say is that if you are not sure, you had better be careful what you say because if it is from God and you attribute it to satan, you will stand before the Lord.

Interestingly, when God first spoke to me, He told me to go to exactly the kind of Church that many of them do not believe this stuff is for today. If you would like me to give you my testimony, I would be glad to and you would see that the Lord has truly spoken to me and lead my life.

OP is full of crap.
    You are a false Jehovah's Witness prophet. The Lord rebuke you satan by the blood of Christ!

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I grew up in the Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. They always made that false claim, that God ONLY speaks through the Bible. I will say this, God primarily speaks through the Bible. The Bible is 100% God's Word and anything that contradicts God's Word is false. I don't believe that God gives new doctrine through prophets today, I would agree with that. God doesn't speak to me in that manner. He primarily directs my life many times by telling me what He wants me to do. Many times it's audible. He also will tell me when I am doing something wrong and many times it is audible.

…..

….
    I am not going to argue with you and derail the thread. Like I said, I appreciate you going out there and sharing with others. I don't want to take away from the spirit of the thread.

But I will say that I have taken a semester on hermeneutics and read many books on how to properly interpret the Bible. There is a science behind it in order to get it right. Context in the Bible means everything. Again, I would caution anyone who says that they hear God audibly. How do you know that is God vs an evil spirit? I have never heard God in an audible manner, does that mean that I am a lesser Christian?

When people say that 'God told me', that is a way to establish that what they are saying is true. Who could argue with God? Those in charismatic churches (which I assume that you are) believe this. They use God's name to establish their credibility on their 'new revelation'. And more and more, we see mysticism creeping into the church today. To say that we need more than the Bible, is to say that God's Word is not enough. Therefore, we justify that God is still speaking to us outside of the Bible today. This is where many new cults are established.

Like I said, I don't want to argue ITT. I will not be arguing with you. If you want to discuss more, then you can PM me. But I appreciate this thread, especially in this day and age of the pandemic.

You are a false Jehovah's Witness prophet. The Lord rebuke you satan by the blood of Christ!
    God didn't talk to you.

You worship a false god.

You are a false prophet.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

the Holy Spirit is submissive to the Son.
    How can the Spirit be submissive to the Son, if you believe the Son IS the Spirit?

Jesus is the Spirit
    Jesus is submissive to Jesus?
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Wow, the sectarian violence taking place on this thread...
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goddied4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    instead of proving points, lets love one another, yea?

How can the Spirit be submissive to the Son, if you believe the Son IS the Spirit?

Jesus is submissive to Jesus?

They are different aspects of the one true God.

De 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
    Mr 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
    (KJV)

If you are going to believe the Bible, you need to believe the entire thing. Not just what makes sense to you or the parts you understand. God is beyond understanding.

They are different aspects of the one true God.
    No, there aren't.

The Lord (Jesus) is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:17.

Jesus and the Spirit are not *TWO DISTINCT ASPECTS*.

Stop making stuff up.

1 Cor 15:45
    the last Adam - The Life Giver Spirit.
    🎪 clown world crew 🎪
    💀 HTC Crew💀

No, there aren't.

The Lord (Jesus) is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:17.

Jesus and the Spirit are not *TWO DISTINCT ASPECTS*.

Stop making stuff up.

1 Cor 15:45
    the last Adam - The Life Giver Spirit.
    Wrong you false minister. The Trinity present at Christ's Baptism. Father, Son & Spirit:

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
    17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Wrong you false minister. The Trinity
    Why are you saying you worship "the trinity" now? I thought you worshiped Jesus??? Is Jesus a "trinity"? No trinitarians I have ever known believe that..