View Poll Results: DO YOU PLACE YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST ALONE FOR SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    10 12.35%
  • NO

    36 44.44%
  • I ALREADY PLACED MY FAITH IN CHRIST AND HIS SACRIFICE FOR MY SINS

    28 34.57%
  • OTHER

    7 8.64%
Reply
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 634
  1. #151
    Gericht BrosefMengele's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: In a dream, Antarctica
    Posts: 12,694
    Rep Power: 23841
    BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BrosefMengele is online now
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Archaeologists find evidence of Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem

    https://www.wnd.com/2019/08/archaeol...-of-jerusalem/
    Cool
    deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erim
    Thessalonicenses 4:17 Biblia Sacra Vulgata
    Reply With Quote

  2. #152
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    The Phrase "The Lord" Constitutes Deity as well.

    Leviticus 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.

    Leviticus 19:3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the Lord your God.

    "The Lord" Jesus Christ:

    Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

    Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

    Jesus Christ is the Lord, He is the Lord God.

    Why did His disciples worship Christ and it's why He never rebuked them for it? Why did Thomas call Him my Lord and my GOD!!
    I don't think it's a fabrication. But even if it is, there are plenty of verses to support the Trinity, but you are afraid of them also.

    https://www.chick.com/information/ar...er-Manuscripts
    Reply With Quote

  3. #153
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES

    ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

    There are some things that you should know:

    1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

    Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

    Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

    It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

    2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

    Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

    Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

    Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

    3. If you will confess Jesus Christ as Your Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died, shed His blood and rose again as a sacrifice for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

    Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

    Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

    You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but your Faith must be in Christ and His sacrifice alone and nothing else, giving your life to Him.

    Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

    Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

    4. You must place your Faith in Jesus Christ believing in your heart that He died and rose again shedding His blood to pay for your sins as a sacrifice to God. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, Pray this prayer from your heart to God in Faith:

    ”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as a Sacrifice for my sins. I repent and turn to You as the only way of salvation, placing my Faith and Trust in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

    If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #154
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Archaeologists find evidence of Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem

    https://www.wnd.com/2019/08/archaeol...-of-jerusalem/
    Lol, there isn't much of a debate about the Babylonian conquest, it is well substantiated. (Although it's funny how vast conclusions about an entire society are being made from something like a piece of jewelry). It's not a surprise the Bible talks about the captivity in detail- many of the OT books were composed around this time (it's the reason for all kinds of prophetic books- the people in exile wanted an "explanation" for what happened, and how Israel was going to be "redeemed"). I certainly hope the books of the Bible got some of this stuff about captivity right, considering they were written during the time period. This doesn't really have any deep implications lol. Contrast to the Hebrew captivity in Egypt (and Moses etc), which would have happened way before the relevant books were written (probably post-exile era), of which no historical/archaeological evidence exists.

    I'll wait for the following confirmation of the Bible: "Scientists find evidence of flowering plants on earth preceding the literal sun, confirming the Genesis account". (Lol, could be waiting a lonnng, long time.....).
    Last edited by numberguy12; 08-20-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  5. #155
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    Lol, there isn't much of a debate about the Babylonian conquest, it is well substantiated. (Although it's funny how vast conclusions about an entire society are being made from something like a piece of jewelry). It's not a surprise the Bible talks about the captivity in detail- many of the OT books were composed around this time (it's the reason for all kinds of prophetic books- the people in exile wanted an "explanation" for what happened, and how Israel was going to be "redeemed"). I certainly hope the books of the Bible got some of this stuff about captivity right, considering they were written during the time period. This doesn't really have any deep implications lol. Contrast to the Hebrew captivity in Egypt (and Moses etc), which would have happened way before the relevant books were written (probably post-exile era), of which no historical/archaeological evidence exists.

    I'll wait for the following confirmation of the Bible: "Scientists find evidence of flowering plants on earth preceding the literal sun, confirming the Genesis account". (Lol, could be waiting a lonnng, long time.....).
    Not everything can be confirmed via physical evidence, but all of the evidence found confirms that the Bible is true. God still leaves room for faith even though the evidence backs it up.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #156
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Not everything can be confirmed via physical evidence, but all of the evidence found confirms that the Bible is true. God still leaves room for faith even though the evidence backs it up.
    Not true at all. Take the example I used in the very last post: we have all kinds of evidence that angiosperms (flowering plants) originated wayyyyyyyyy after the sun (a couple hundred million years ago or so vs 4.5ish billion years for the sun). It doesn't even make sense that a flower on earth could precede the literal sun. But yet Genesis has this life form on earth existing prior to when the sun was created. This is but one of hundreds and hundreds of things in the Bible that was shown to not be true now that we have more information.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  7. #157
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    Not true at all. Take the example I used in the very last post: we have all kinds of evidence that angiosperms (flowering plants) originated wayyyyyyyyy after the sun (a couple hundred million years ago or so vs 4.5ish billion years for the sun). It doesn't even make sense that a flower on earth could precede the literal sun. But yet Genesis has this life form on earth existing prior to when the sun was created. This is but one of hundreds and hundreds of things in the Bible that was shown to not be true now that we have more information.
    FALSE. Both Evolutionary Scientists and Creation Scientists look at the same evidence yet they come up with different conclusions than each other. God Himself gave the light that they needed. If you read the Bible God said "Let there be light" and there was light. Yes that was days before He created the Sun, therefore, the source was not the Sun, yet it was sufficient.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #158
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    FALSE. Both Evolutionary Scientists and Creation Scientists look at the same evidence yet they come up with different conclusions than each other. God Himself gave the light that they needed. If you read the Bible God said "Let there be light" and there was light. Yes that was days before He created the Sun, therefore, the source was not the Sun, yet it was sufficient.
    FALSE. Flowering plants originated way, way, after our sun. We are talking a couple hundred million years vs 4.5ish billion years. Literally no scientist will claim that plants on earth preceded the sun. None. Sorry.

    Whatever your "creationist scientists" are (an oxymoron in there ever was one), they are not scientists relevant to the appropriate field such as geology/paleobiology. They are likely engineers in a completely different field, who know almost nothing about the claims they are making (for religious reasons).

    The Bible at the end of the day just doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of modern scientific findings, like this example clearly shows. You are being brainwashed.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  9. #159
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    FALSE. Flowering plants originated way, way, after our sun. We are talking a couple hundred million years vs 4.5ish billion years. Literally no scientist will claim that plants on earth preceded the sun. None. Sorry.

    Whatever your "creationist scientists" are (an oxymoron in there ever was one), they are not scientists relevant to the appropriate field such as geology/paleobiology. They are likely engineers in a completely different field, who know almost nothing about the claims they are making (for religious reasons).

    The Bible at the end of the day just doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of modern scientific findings, like this example clearly shows. You are being brainwashed.
    WRONG. The Earth is only 6000 years old. Just because your so called scientists claim something doesn't make it true. Creation Scientists are right, evolutionists are wrong. DID YOU KNOW that the moon is pulling away from the earth AND if the earth were really more than a few million years old at the rate that the moon is pulling away, it would be touching the earth. If it were only half the distance that it is now, all life would die because of the tidal waves created. Comets have only about 5-10,000 years worth of debris and even evolutionary scientists admit that, yet they claim them to be millions of years old. Impossible. Pluto still has active volcanoes, which is impossible if the universe is millions of years old. As small as Pluto is, it should be a frozen ball of ice. Scientists can't create life in a lab, yet we are expected to believe that it spontaneously created it's self. The odds are impossible. The evolution of the two sexes is impossible. The 4 chamber heart from a 3 chamber heart is impossible. The eye couldn't have evolved because every piece would have to be in place at the same time. Impossible. The magnetic poll of the earth is getting weaker and even scientists admit that there is only about 10,000 years worth before it is all gone. If that were to happen all life on earth would DIE because it protects us from the sun's harmful rays. The evidence is strongly against your belief system. Yet you believe it by FAITH.

    Rapid Geology Challenges View Of Evolution:

    https://www.wnd.com/2019/08/rapid-ge...-of-evolution/
    Last edited by Paddington; 08-22-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #160
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    WRONG. The Earth is only 6000 years old. Just because your so called scientists claim something doesn't make it true. Creation Scientists are right, evolutionists are wrong. DID YOU KNOW that the moon is pulling away from the earth AND if the earth were really more than a few million years old at the rate that the moon is pulling away, it would be touching the earth. If it were only half the distance that it is now, all life would die because of the tidal waves created. Comets have only about 5-10,000 years worth of debris and even evolutionary scientists admit that, yet they claim them to be millions of years old. Impossible. Pluto still has active volcanoes, which is impossible if the universe is millions of years old. As small as Pluto is, it should be a frozen ball of ice. Scientists can't create life in a lab, yet we are expected to believe that it spontaneously created it's self. The odds are impossible. The evolution of the two sexes is impossible. The 4 chamber heart from a 3 chamber heart is impossible. The eye couldn't have evolved because every piece would have to be in place at the same time. Impossible. The magnetic poll of the earth is getting weaker and even scientists admit that there is only about 10,000 years worth before it is all gone. If that were to happen all life on earth would DIE because it protects us from the sun's harmful rays. The evidence is strongly against your belief system. Yet you believe it by FAITH.

    Rapid Geology Challenges View Of Evolution:

    https://www.wnd.com/2019/08/rapid-ge...-of-evolution/
    WRONG. (this is getting kind of fun using your style of posts)

    Before I address your points, I will remind you and anyone reading just how dishonest you can be in your arguments (referring to speaking for other scientists, making up scientists with imaginary credentials, and even doubling down on defending your incorrect understanding of how many verses there are in a certain book of the bible- making up a cover story of "bbb.b.but it was the bible I was reading" to cover up the lie, and when I inquired which bible specifically, there was no response......just "let's change the topic")

    To your laughable points (which seem to be suspiciously all talking points off of answersingenesis- that pseudoscientific fundamentalist brainwashing site). I will address the first few since I don't have much interest in refuting all your nonsense.

    -No, the earth is not 6000 years old. It is almost incomprehensible how much evidence we have of an old solar system. Sorry, radiometric dating (inb4 you search on answersingenesis why this method is "invalid") gives us the true age of the solar system around 4.5 bn years old. This is found not just in the oldest rocks on earth, but also from the moon rocks, all kinds of meteorites, and even mars. Amazing how everything just happens to agree on the billions of years old number. Imagine how awkward it is for you to explain how we clearly see objects in the sky such as the Andromeda galaxy millions of years from the past, and other objects billions of light years away (and into the past), under your false 6000 year timeline. Hell we see prehistoric cave paintings around the world in places like France and Brazil that have been dated to over 17,000 years ago, lol.

    -In terms of the moon recession thing, apparently you don't even know how to do basic math correctly. We estimate the moon recession (currently) to be about 3.8 cm a year. If you try to extrapolate this backwards, as your apologetic sites are doing, you get it would have moved [3.8/(100*1000)]*10,000,000 = 380 km over the last 10 million years. The moon is on average some 384,000 km from earth lol. How does 380 km closer mean it's "touching the earth"??? You are off by 3 entire orders of magnitude. The longer answer involves the rate of recession caused by tidal acceleration is not constant over the lifetime of earth due to things like continents changing, but in no way does any of this contradict the 4.5 bn year time scale, sorry.

    -No scientist relevant to the field thinks comets are 5-10,000 years old lol (can you stop speaking for scientists? talk about dishonesty). We know a whole lot about comets and where they originate, and to even postulate something like the short time-span would require you to dismiss for example the existence of the Kuiper belt and Oort cloud (where they originate), but we have (very clear) evidence of these regions at the edge of our solar system. Lol comets are about as old as the solar system....that magic 4.5 bn year number.

    -It is hilarious you are attempting to use the creationist talking point about pluto, but are not even correctly using it. The existence of cryovolcanos on pluto (not completely known, but possible), has absolutely no bearing on the age of pluto or the solar system. Note also these arent volcanos like you are thinking of- ones that spew molten rock- but ones that spew ices and certain volatiles like ammonia. But the actual (false) talking point that answersingenesis uses with pluto is the surprising lack of number of smaller sized craters on pluto and its moon (which ironically would partially be explained at least on pluto by your active geological processes like volcanos) being evidence of a "young universe". But the real reason for this low number of craters actually is just likely a different Kuiper belt composition (consisting of less smaller impacting bodies than we thought)- none of this has any implication on the age of Pluto. Pluto, like the rest of our solar system including the comets, is 4.45-4.6 billion years old.

    I will repeat (since you are trying to change the topic): Genesis is wrong about angiosperms on earth preceding the sun. No scientist in a relevant field (or any rational human) would claim this. You are being brainwashed.
    Last edited by numberguy12; 08-22-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  11. #161
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    And since you are trying to change the topic, I can too. Say hi to your closest extant relatives:

    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  12. #162
    Gericht BrosefMengele's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: In a dream, Antarctica
    Posts: 12,694
    Rep Power: 23841
    BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BrosefMengele is online now
    Both of you are on the road to ruin. One of you thinks they are Christ Himself, the other, a mutant apelike creature.
    deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erim
    Thessalonicenses 4:17 Biblia Sacra Vulgata
    Reply With Quote

  13. #163
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by BrosefMengele View Post
    Both of you are on the road to ruin. One of you thinks they are Christ Himself, the other, a mutant apelike creature.
    At least the side science takes is backed by something called evidence......
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  14. #164
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    At least the side science takes is backed by something called evidence......
    Yes Creationism is.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #165
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by BrosefMengele View Post
    Both of you are on the road to ruin. One of you thinks they are Christ Himself, the other, a mutant apelike creature.
    I would never think that I am Christ, I am not worthy to be compared with my Lord Jesus Christ, God in the Flesh. I noticed that you are unable to answer those questions. You should just humble yourself, admit that you are wrong and repent of your unbelief in our Lord for who He really is.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #166
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Yes Creationism is.
    So not a word on the multiple points you were just called out on from your last post? Down to even getting basic math wrong in your moon recession calculations (not actually yours of course, but the apologetic sites you are ripping your talking points from)?

    Gotta be in the running for the most dishonest poster on here. Which is saying a lot since this is a thread about Christianity of all religions lol.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  17. #167
    Gericht BrosefMengele's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: In a dream, Antarctica
    Posts: 12,694
    Rep Power: 23841
    BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrosefMengele has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BrosefMengele is online now
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I would never think that I am Christ,
    Well you think that God dwells in you in his fullness bodily (God the Holy Spirit), so that would put you on the same level as Jesus.

    Stop calling yourself the Christ. Liar.
    deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erim
    Thessalonicenses 4:17 Biblia Sacra Vulgata
    Reply With Quote

  18. #168
    Here's beer Mr Beer's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: In the bar
    Posts: 33,130
    Rep Power: 90033
    Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mr Beer is offline
    Originally Posted by numberguy12 View Post
    Gotta be in the running for the most dishonest poster on here. Which is saying a lot since this is a thread about Christianity of all religions lol.
    Creationists are either ignorant or dishonest or both, by definition.

    Any creationist who evangelises online is forced to use dishonest debating tactics because the facts are so devastating to their position. It's actually embarrassing to observe adults, who might be moderately intelligent and not suffering from an intellectual disability, jumping through elaborate hoops in order to justify their weirdly specific fairy tale.

    EDIT

    Understand, I'm not saying that OP isn't deeply stupid or suffering from some type of serious mental illness such as schizophrenia. Rather that neither of these things is necessarily true. There are definitely some intelligent creationists out there. Cognitive dissonance is a weird thing.
    Last edited by Mr Beer; 08-25-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

    “Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”
    Reply With Quote

  19. #169
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by BrosefMengele View Post
    Well you think that God dwells in you in his fullness bodily (God the Holy Spirit), so that would put you on the same level as Jesus.

    Stop calling yourself the Christ. Liar.
    You mean that I believe what the Bible actually says? Yes I believe what the Bible actually says. Do I think I am Christ, No WAY! Now you have to resort to lies rather than just admitting that you were wrong?
    Reply With Quote

  20. #170
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    Creationists are either ignorant or dishonest or both, by definition.

    Any creationist who evangelises online is forced to use dishonest debating tactics because the facts are so devastating to their position. It's actually embarrassing to observe adults, who might be moderately intelligent and not suffering from an intellectual disability, jumping through elaborate hoops in order to justify their weirdly specific fairy tale.
    Wrong, what's sad is to see how utterly brainwashed you are when you aren't even able to have an intelligent conversation anymore. No amount of evidence would convince you I am sure, but I could give you some if you are willing to honestly look at it.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #171
    Here's beer Mr Beer's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: In the bar
    Posts: 33,130
    Rep Power: 90033
    Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mr Beer is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Wrong, what's sad is to see how utterly brainwashed you are when you aren't even able to have an intelligent conversation anymore. No amount of evidence would convince you.
    OK, so putting aside the colossal amount of irony in your post, what do you believe are the three strongest pieces of evidence that the Earth was created ~6K years ago? Not your entire thesis about Jesus or whatever, just three simple pieces of physical evidence.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

    “Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”
    Reply With Quote

  22. #172
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    OK, so putting aside the colossal amount of irony in your post, what do you believe are the three strongest pieces of evidence that the Earth was created ~6K years ago? Not your entire thesis about Jesus or whatever, just three simple pieces of physical evidence.
    There are more than three. Before I give some evidence, I do want to say that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ proves that He was who He said He was. He proved it with fulfilled prophecy, miracles and the Resurrection, also changed lives including mine.

    Some evidence that the earth only be a few thousand years old?

    The FACT that there is only a few thousand years worth of magnetism in the earth's polls. If the ever depleted, all life on earth would die because it deflects the sun's harmful rays. We would all get cancer and or worse without it. Scientists just realized that it is now depleting at a rate of 5% per decade.

    The FACT that the moon is moving away from the earth and if you went back several million years, the moon would be touching the earth. If it were even half the distance to the earth, all life would die out because of the tidal waves all over the earth from the moon's gravity. The point is that the earth could NOT be billions of years old as evolutionists believe.

    The FACT that Pluto still has active volcanoes on it. If the solar system were really billions of years old, it would be a frozen ball of ice because the volcanic activity would have died out millions of years ago.

    The FACT that Comets only have 5-10,000 years of life in them because their tails are actually the comet losing matter. They couldn't be billions of years old as evolutionists claim. The evolutionists explanations are weak claiming that they go through a so called 'ort cloud' and get replenished every once in a while. The problem is that these so called ort clouds have never ever been observed and there is no evidence of them existing.

    And many more.

    Other things to point out... The fact that ABIOGENESIS has never been observed or created in a lab.

    The fact of irreducible complexity showing that there is no way that we could have evolved from lower creatures.

    The fact that there are missing links between all animal kinds.

    There is a lot more, but I have lots of reasons.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #173
    Here's beer Mr Beer's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: In the bar
    Posts: 33,130
    Rep Power: 90033
    Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mr Beer is offline
    Accidentally overwrote this post, this is a reconstruction as best I can remember...

    I asked for the 3 strongest pieces of physical evidence supporting a 6K year old Earth, so I’m going with the first 3 given.

    Magnetism

    "Worth of magnetism" in the poles (not polls) is a nonsense phrase. Molten iron currents in the Earth's core cause magnetism. The magnetic field fluctuates but is not expiring. You are confusing the magnetic poles with the magnetic fields. Also 5% per decade =/= a few K years worth, which is it? Lastly if the magnetic field switched off, not all life on Earth would die, this is a gross exaggeration.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_magnetic_field

    Moon

    The Moon is moving away from the Earth at 3.8cm per year. Over ten million years, that’s 38 kilometres, which is hardly a blip. It’s roughly equivalent to the width of a closely-trimmed fingernail compared to the length of the entire human body.
    Also, twice as close = x4 the gravity. That’s significant – average ocean tidal bulge is 1 metre and would go to 4 metres – but wouldn’t end human civilisation, let alone wash over all of the landmasses on Earth. Complete nonsense.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...ce_(astronomy)

    Pluto


    There are no volcanoes in the colloquial sense on Pluto. There might be “ice volcanoes”, which make sense because it’s a frozen wasteland.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryovolcano
    Last edited by Mr Beer; 08-27-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

    “Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”
    Reply With Quote

  24. #174
    Registered User numberguy12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Posts: 3,523
    Rep Power: 26845
    numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    numberguy12 is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    There are more than three. Before I give some evidence, I do want to say that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ proves that He was who He said He was. He proved it with fulfilled prophecy, miracles and the Resurrection, also changed lives including mine.

    Some evidence that the earth only be a few thousand years old?

    The FACT that there is only a few thousand years worth of magnetism in the earth's polls. If the ever depleted, all life on earth would die because it deflects the sun's harmful rays. We would all get cancer and or worse without it. Scientists just realized that it is now depleting at a rate of 5% per decade.

    The FACT that the moon is moving away from the earth and if you went back several million years, the moon would be touching the earth. If it were even half the distance to the earth, all life would die out because of the tidal waves all over the earth from the moon's gravity. The point is that the earth could NOT be billions of years old as evolutionists believe.

    The FACT that Pluto still has active volcanoes on it. If the solar system were really billions of years old, it would be a frozen ball of ice because the volcanic activity would have died out millions of years ago.

    The FACT that Comets only have 5-10,000 years of life in them because their tails are actually the comet losing matter. They couldn't be billions of years old as evolutionists claim. The evolutionists explanations are weak claiming that they go through a so called 'ort cloud' and get replenished every once in a while. The problem is that these so called ort clouds have never ever been observed and there is no evidence of them existing.

    And many more.

    Other things to point out... The fact that ABIOGENESIS has never been observed or created in a lab.

    The fact of irreducible complexity showing that there is no way that we could have evolved from lower creatures.

    The fact that there are missing links between all animal kinds.

    There is a lot more, but I have lots of reasons.
    One of the most dishonest posters on the misc confirmed. I literally just answered some of these talking points that you are ripping off apologetic sites.....and not only do you have no response, you simply repeat them like an unthinking rock? The rest of the points are just as easily dismissed btw, but it's clear you simply won't change your mind no matter how much clear evidence is provided to you.

    Lol short period comets, even without the Oort Cloud, can go on for tens and tens of thousands of years- you don't seem to understand how comet off-gasing works. And yes, comets originate in the Oort cloud/Kuiper belt, which explains why for example Halley's Comet is as old as the solar system (about 4.5 billion years old), and yet has only been making its tour of the inner solar system for maybe tens of thousands to a couple hundred thousand years. The people around the time of your Bible, btw, would have thought comets were some weird apparition in the sky (lower sky, between us and the moon as Aristotle incorrectly thought)- some spirit or whatever, that directly affected earthly matters like political leaders dying off, etc....those superstitious, primitive peoples. Comets were the great omens of bad fortune to come. Amazing how far science has come- we actually visit comets nowadays (67P)- and no they are not weird spirits, or stars with "hair" (the word comet ulimately from Greek and Latin words meaning long hair- people thought the tails were hairlike projections)- no, we now know they are simply bodies made of ice, dust, and rock, dutifully obeying Newton's laws as they orbit the sun in their eccentric ellipses. Science, yet again, reveals the true makeup of nature around us.

    Perhaps the most obvious, immediate, rebuttal to your claims is: how come we see things like Andromeda in the sky, some 2 million years into the past. The evidence for an old universe is incomprehensibly vast. The fact that your brainwashed fundamentalist belief system disagrees with this (in several orders of magnitude no less), shows just how weak and false it is.
    Last edited by numberguy12; 08-26-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

    ♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫
    Reply With Quote

  25. #175
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Reply With Quote

  26. #176
    Here's beer Mr Beer's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: In the bar
    Posts: 33,130
    Rep Power: 90033
    Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mr Beer is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    You appear to have given up your debunked claims concerning the Moon and Pluto. Let the record show that only this last of the three best pieces of evidence remains in contention.

    Since this article constitutes the sole source quoted to support your claims, let us examine what you said about Earth’s magnetism and contrast with excerpts from the link you have provided.

    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    The FACT that there is only a few thousand years worth of magnetism in the earth's polls
    "If the trend continues, the field may collapse altogether and then reverse. Compasses would point south instead of north."


    Magnetic field, not poles. Also, the field may reverse. The poles will be recreated, in reverse, if it flips.

    "According to Earth's geologic record, our planet's magnetic field flips, on average, about once every 200,000 years. The time between reversals varies widely, however. The last time Earth's magnetic field flipped was about 780,000 years ago."


    Extremely clear references to the Earth being older than 6K years, as well as reversals in the magnetic field being common over geologic time periods.

    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Scientists just realized that it is now depleting at a rate of 5% per decade.
    "Today it is about 10 percent weaker than it was when German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss started keeping tabs on it in 1845, scientists say."

    5% per decade not 5% per 85 years. Also this refers to the magnetic field, not the poles.

    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    If the ever depleted, all life on earth would die because it deflects the sun's harmful rays. We would all get cancer and or worse without it.
    "Entertainment value aside, the portrayal wasn't accurate, according to scientists who say the phenomenon of Earth's fading magnetic field is no cause to worry."


    It's not a problem.

    ""The field has reversed many times in the past, and life didn't stop," said Gary Glatzmaier, an earth scientist and magnetic field expert at the University of California, Santa Cruz."

    It's not a problem.

    "A number of Earth's creatures, including some birds, turtles, and bees, rely on Earth's magnetic field to navigate. The field is in constant flux, scientists say. But even without it, life on Earth will continue, researchers say."

    It's not a problem.

    Summary

    The article you used to support your claim of a 6K old Earth directly and repeatedly undermines that claim on a number of occasions. It explicitly refers to a cycle which takes 100s of 1000s of years to play though.

    The Earth's magnetic field will not run out, the fact is that it fluctuates and occasionally reverses (every few hundred K years).

    When this happens, it is not a big problem for life on Earth, let alone likely to wipe out all life on Earth.

    To say the magnetic field is 'fading' is technically true in one sense but distorts the picture. It's like saying a pendulum is slowing down, when that pendulum is a) reaching the top of an upswing and therefore the bob moves slower and b) is receiving energy from an ongoing process to drive it through many more cycles to come.
    Last edited by Mr Beer; 08-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

    “Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”
    Reply With Quote

  27. #177
    Registered User Arsh8118's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: California, United States
    Posts: 270
    Rep Power: 451
    Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arsh8118 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Arsh8118 is offline
    op the kind of person to go shoot up a place.
    Arsenal F.C.
    Reply With Quote

  28. #178
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by Arsh8118 View Post
    op the kind of person to go shoot up a place.
    No, that would be Democrats and the proof is that they do it all of the time.
    Reply With Quote

  29. #179
    Registered User Paddington's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,225
    Rep Power: 5643
    Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000) Paddington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Paddington is offline
    Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You appear to have given up your debunked claims concerning the Moon and Pluto. Let the record show that only this last of the three best pieces of evidence remains in contention.

    Since this article constitutes the sole source quoted to support your claims, let us examine what you said about Earth’s magnetism and contrast with excerpts from the link you have provided.



    "If the trend continues, the field may collapse altogether and then reverse. Compasses would point south instead of north."


    Magnetic field, not poles. Also, the field may reverse. The poles will be recreated, in reverse, if it flips.

    "According to Earth's geologic record, our planet's magnetic field flips, on average, about once every 200,000 years. The time between reversals varies widely, however. The last time Earth's magnetic field flipped was about 780,000 years ago."


    Extremely clear references to the Earth being older than 6K years, as well as reversals in the magnetic field being common over geologic time periods.



    "Today it is about 10 percent weaker than it was when German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss started keeping tabs on it in 1845, scientists say."

    5% per decade not 5% per 85 years. Also this refers to the magnetic field, not the poles.



    "Entertainment value aside, the portrayal wasn't accurate, according to scientists who say the phenomenon of Earth's fading magnetic field is no cause to worry."


    It's not a problem.

    ""The field has reversed many times in the past, and life didn't stop," said Gary Glatzmaier, an earth scientist and magnetic field expert at the University of California, Santa Cruz."

    It's not a problem.

    "A number of Earth's creatures, including some birds, turtles, and bees, rely on Earth's magnetic field to navigate. The field is in constant flux, scientists say. But even without it, life on Earth will continue, researchers say."

    It's not a problem.

    Summary

    The article you used to support your claim of a 6K old Earth directly and repeatedly undermines that claim on a number of occasions. It explicitly refers to a cycle which takes 100s of 1000s of years to play though.

    The Earth's magnetic field will not run out, the fact is that it fluctuates and occasionally reverses (every few hundred K years).

    When this happens, it is not a big problem for life on Earth, let alone likely to wipe out all life on Earth.

    To say the magnetic field is 'fading' is technically true in one sense but distorts the picture. It's like saying a pendulum is slowing down, when that pendulum is a) reaching the top of an upswing and therefore the bob moves slower and b) is receiving energy from an ongoing process to drive it through many more cycles to come.
    Nothing I said has been debunked.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #180
    Here's beer Mr Beer's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: In the bar
    Posts: 33,130
    Rep Power: 90033
    Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mr Beer is offline
    Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Nothing I said has been debunked.
    You claimed that the Earth is running out of magnetism (which is untrue), that the Moon's position would be only half as far away a few millions of years ago (untrue), that this position would destroy all life on Earth (untrue) and that Pluto has volcanoes on it (untrue, at least in the sense implied).

    I provided links backing up my rebuttal of your 'best evidence' and the only link you provided contradicted your claims in many places.

    Your claims have been thoroughly debunked and the fact that your retort is effectively 'nu-uh' as opposed to anything substantial demonstrates the weakness of your position.

    This also demonstrates my contention that anyone taking a YEC position in a debate is obliged to be dishonest, because the facts are so devastating to their position.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

    “Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts