NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Any of you guys move cities for a job and hated it?

Kinda depressed right now. Moved up from San Diego to Sac for a engineering job (I came from construction so I wanted to try out structural design work) but I have only been here for a week and I can already tell this isn't for me. I don't like the place or the job very much and I don't know anyone here. I miss San Diego, my family and friends and kinda regret quitting my old job down there even though I was underpaid.

Any of you guys ever been in this spot? What did you do? My job considers the first 30 days as an "introductory period" meaning my benefits and some other perks won't start until then so I could bail before then and mostly no one would care (they might be like wtf though). I'm thinking about toughing it out for a year, gaining some experience and leaving, but even this sounds like to much time to live here. I've read that this is normal when moving to a new city, but I have honestly been mega depressed since I got here and can't sleep at night thinking about what I should do or if I made a mistake. Should I just leave?

tl;dr
    -Left ok job in SD to move to Sac for different engineering job
    -Don't like living here or job
    -Only been here a week, not sure if I should just cut losses and leave or try and make it work

Registered Thread Bomber Lollaff's Avatar
    Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lollaff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd give it a little more time. I've been in jobs where I hated it at the beginning, but started liking it after a little while. Since you have 30 days, might as well give it a little more time. Although if you're certain it's not for you, then try quitting it sooner rather than later.
    I don't rep back

arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000) arod204 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You really have to put in the leg work in terms of starting in a new city. You need to meet a few people/friends and put yourself out of your comfort zone.

I'm currently living in bum fu k no where, a town of 8k people and of red necks with no amenities because I moved for work and I can't stand it. I'm saving about 25k a year right now and will do it for 2.5 more years so I can put a joocy down payment on a house.. but every other week or so I'm just hating life.

It will really test you, that's for sure.

Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000) Stafor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ive moved across the country twice for jobs, not knowing anyone. The first place I lasted a couple years but city life sucks so I moved to a smaller town, hopefully be able to tough it out here for another couple years but definitely don't see myself being here longer than that. It's too boring doing the same thing everyday, making the same drive every day, same sights, etc.

I'd say give it a few months and see how it goes, if it still sucks, go somewhere new or back to Sd, and you've got a little more experience and different perspective. If it works out for ya, keep living there until you can't stand it anymore.
    PR's:
    DL 355
    SQ 275
    BP 195

andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w andy0w
    Yes. Many people do.

The trick is to get as much out of it as possible.

Don't focus on the negative sides.

Perhaps there is a great gym or calisthenics park, or a uni, or you meet a girlfriend or boyfriend, there os always something.

devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, I have moved a bunch since college for work.

I moved again about 1.5 years to a city I never wanted to end up in longterm. The office life is pretty great because it's a bro atmosphere, no micromanagement, and I get perks like free tickets to sporting events.

The problem is i just am not a fan of the metro area I am currently in. It kind of sucks because my wife's family lives here and I'd feel guilty if I moved again. She said she was open to moving again but I know deep down she would want to stay here.

Originally Posted by NoHerro View Post
    Kinda depressed right now. Moved up from San Diego to Sac for a engineering job (I came from construction so I wanted to try out structural design work) but I have only been here for a week and I can already tell this isn't for me. I don't like the place or the job very much and I don't know anyone here. I miss San Diego, my family and friends and kinda regret quitting my old job down there even though I was underpaid.

Any of you guys ever been in this spot? What did you do? My job considers the first 30 days as an "introductory period" meaning my benefits and some other perks won't start until then so I could bail before then and mostly no one would care (they might be like wtf though). I'm thinking about toughing it out for a year, gaining some experience and leaving, but even this sounds like to much time to live here. I've read that this is normal when moving to a new city, but I have honestly been mega depressed since I got here and can't sleep at night thinking about what I should do or if I made a mistake. Should I just leave?

tl;dr
    -Left ok job in SD to move to Sac for different engineering job
    -Don't like living here or job
    -Only been here a week, not sure if I should just cut losses and leave or try and make it work
    My advice is to stick it out for like a year. I feel the same way a lot of times especially dwelling on the potential mistake at night. I dwell on it at times and put myself into a terrible mood. My advice is to try and distract yourself as much as possible.
    Last edited by devin45k; 06-27-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    NDSU Crew
    Kansas City Royals Crew
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers Crew
    Over the Top is the GOAT Movie Crew

Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Moved to Leicester (Small city in England) from small town in west yorkshire. Working a job I wanted to get into (IT Technician). Realised I hated the job but still kept working because wanted to build life here for my me and my gf (who was studying overseas at the time)

After a 12 hour work day my boss told me that I'm not working fast enough and to pick up the pace or he'll find somebody who can work at a faster pace. Quit the next day and became jobless.

Relationship came under fire at that time as she came to visit me and I got caught messing around with another chick.

Came to realise I hate the new place and went into a mental rut (Gf supported me through this from overseas)

Still hate the new place, got two new jobs though and the greatest best friend in the history of best friends though I broke up with my girl (My sole reason for moving to the city)

Im not saying that its gonna get better right away, but things will get worse before they gets better. Things always work out in the end

Can't have light without a little darkness nomsayan OP?

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dont be a pussy. You can't get a true feel for a job in a week. You're in that period where you're still adjusting, and learning the role/meeting coworkers. If you still feel that way in 6 months then okay, but man up and get your experience for a year so you can go earn more money in the next role.
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nm1891 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's been a week......man up and give the decision you made a chance. Use it an opportunity to grow and leave your comfort zone instead of instantly running back to your safety net with your tail between your legs.
    S/B/D—185/165/205 (sumo w/ straps)

4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    916 checking in. Taking the kayak out and going fishing after work. Going to LA tomorrow for the weekend. Camping the weekend after that, then camping again the weekend after that. Sac is in a good spot for outdoorsy chit, mountains/snow 1.5 hours away and ocean is 1.5 hours away.

I lived in SD for a year and came back to Sac. I love it here.

What do you like to do in your free time? do that. You'll meet people with similar interests over time. No one will replace your home people/friends but you can at least try..
    no social media crew

banned for posting cake farts

**Genova Witness**

F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F.A.P. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try the Grinder app and meet some new friends in your area.
    -L.A. Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, Trojans, Kings-
    -Riley Martin symbol owner-
    -AL Bundy is a national hero-
    -MAGA

BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigBroncoG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I flew to Sacramento to pick up my car and drove it back to Idaho, great drive. Just head a little East, go to the Redwoods... Reconnect with nature, go to yosemite or whatever. Take up rock climbing or some outdoor stuff. That's like your backyard, there has to be tons of groups of people that go out and do day trips or something.

Or shop your resume back in SD and get what you are owed for wages. But you literally have some of the most beautiful outdoorsy stuff in the entire USA out your door steps.

Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, takes a while to get used to a new place.

Lmao @ 1 week, patience of piss

NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoHerro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea I wrote that in the heat of the moment yesterday. Today I felt much better at work and people are chatting me up more. I also realize that quitting and going back to SD would quite possibly be the worst thing I could do right now for my future. I would have no job and no experience or money coming in. I'm only a little over a year away from getting my PE, engineering, license. I figure once I get that + the experience I get here, I can move down south if I want.