Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forever College Student CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To be honest, KOTOR comes to mind. Obviously it got glowing reviews, but when I found out the combat system was round/turn-based I got immediately turned off. Then quickly found out how amazing it was.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    Daenerys Targaryen is my 10/10 srs
    ₪ I was at DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    172 lbs | O: 155 /// B: 265 /// S: 330 /// D: 380

PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000) PattBattmann is just really nice. (+1000)
    Remember the Xbox game, Brute Force? I thought that it was actually a really good co-op game. Also, I remember having more fun with Diddy Kong Racing than Mario Kart 64.

Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmaccgrady is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    League of Legends

Wow I never thought a MOBA can be this easy, way easier than DOTA 1.
    AND1

chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chiabeetong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    A few of us have been discussing Days Gone in the PS4 section and it got me thinking about games that completely surprised me by how good they were compared to what I thought it would be going into it. I don't know if this topic has done before but I don't recall ever seeing one.

Days Gone got extremely luke-warm/mediocre reviews upon launch, with a lot of people calling it a disappointment. The majority of reviews stated that it had a very generic feel to it, a bland story with no interesting characters or development, just another run of the mill open world games. Those reviews were enough to put me off from buying it at launch, but the game still interested me so I waited until there was a sale and picked it up when it was 30% off. I started it up and wasn't expecting much, but I liked the idea of riding around on a motorcycle killing zombies so I figured it would at least offer me a couple hours of entertainment with that...

Hoooooooooooooooly chit was I wrong.

Over the two weeks I dumped over 50 hours into the game(fortunate combination of a shoulder injury and the gf being out of town at her moms for a week), I couldn't put my controller down. The campaign was long and interesting, the characters were great and some of them certainly had solid character development over the story arch. There were moments where I was biting my tongue because I thought someone I liked was going to die, and there were quite a few hit you right in the feels moments. The gun play was decent but could have been better and there were a few annoying elements but overall it's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. To me, Days Gone outshines Red Dead Redemption 2 by a mile in terms of my favorite open world PS4 game.

So this was another lesson for me in that you shouldn't always trust reviewers, even reviewers that you do like like ACG who said the game was mediocre, because you never know what will surprise you.

Has anyone else been totally surprised by a game they thought was going to suck/be mediocre but they actually loved?
    EOSDOTA, Played it, Loved it.

Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Drufeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Gheist

Got Gheist for Game Cube years back on a whim and is now one of my favorite games. Absolutely love the game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0mCTTRF_xE

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    That's been a game sitting on my list for a long time that I've never played but always wanted to. I just got it in this months Humble Bundle subscription so I guess it's finally time to try it out.
    Do it and make sure you have some good cans on your ears. You'll miss out playing with even really good speakers
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55
    PL

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    Do it and make sure you have some good cans on your ears. You'll miss out playing with even really good speakers
    For sure. One of the few single player games I wore a headset for.

CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ff7 and oblivion.