wburg45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are carbs subjective?

Hey guys, I count my macros and I am trying to lose body fat so I set my macros up with a caloric deficit. My carb count was at 150g and I wasn't seeing a huge difference in body fat %. Then I dropped my carb count to 100g and two weeks later saw a huge difference in body fat. Are carbs subjective to different people? Why can someone consume 275g of carbs and be fine while I would most likely gain weight? Correct my ignorance or whatever is wrong here?

Weight: 172
    Carbs: 100g
    Protein: 200g
    Fat: 75g
    Calories: 2200

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wburg45 View Post
    Hey guys, I count my macros and I am trying to lose body fat so I set my macros up with a caloric deficit. My carb count was at 150g and I wasn't seeing a huge difference in body fat %. Then I dropped my carb count to 100g and two weeks later saw a huge difference in body fat. Are carbs subjective to different people? Why can someone consume 275g of carbs and be fine while I would most likely gain weight? Correct my ignorance or whatever is wrong here?

Weight: 172
    Carbs: 100g
    Protein: 200g
    Fat: 75g
    Calories: 2200
    that's only 1875 calories.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why can someone consume 275g of carbs and be fine while I would most likely gain weight? Correct my ignorance or whatever is wrong here?
    If you were in a net deficit, you would not gain weight.

The only difference between people is carb tolerance - they can make some people feel drowsy and sluggish whereas others get more energy when training. But calories in vs. calories still applies.

If you don't tolerate them well then pad food out with high fiber stuff and spread the load through the day.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My carb count was at 150g and I wasn't seeing a huge difference in body fat %. Then I dropped my carb count to 100g and two weeks later saw a huge difference in body fat.
    Were you using one of those electronic scales? They're very inaccurate. They'll see less hydration as loss of body fat.

Carb restriction causes loss of water and glycogen.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd also like to add that you're probably not seeing accelerated fat loss as much as less water retention due to a 33% decrease in carbs each day.

Edit: Mrpb beat me to it

adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adigiro1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    piggy backing off of what was said above, but more in line with your question, visually you will look leaner on lower carbs, but you aren't losing any more weight by lowering your carbs. For every one gram of carbohydrate stored in the body (as glycogen) there is approximately 2-3 grams of water retained. So you're just cutting out water weight. Your total calories are what drive your weight loss.

But, I personally believe this is true to a certain limit. At some point you are eating too many carbs, which means you are storing an abundance of carbs. In layman terms, if you frequently consume more energy than your body uses you're likely to put on weight (e.g. carbs turning to fat). One can also say that to eat that many carbs you must consume that many more calories

Studies like these are pretty interesting:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598063
    Last edited by adigiro1; 06-21-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    NC Crew
    Busch Light Crew
    Hard Part Crew
    chong my fking dong crew
    pureblood crew