Thread: Need help

Frostydosnoman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help

I am 29. 450lbs. And just unmotivated. I dont know where to start. I want no sympathy, or ridicule. I know I did this to myself, and I apologize. I started walking. I still eat unhealthily, which I'm working on. What im really looking for is a community feeling. Connection. My family is athletic and im not. My family always talks smack to me for my size. I just want help without ridicule.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome to the forums!

The same way you did it to yourself, you can undo it.

Start by writing your goal and your reason for it on a piece of paper, this to send a signal to your brain that it's important. Save it and look at it whenever you need to. This is not a random note, but a promise to yourself that you have to follow through. You are accountable for your progress.

Throw out all the junk good, just do it. Go and buy yourself healthy food, aim for protein and nutricious stuff like fruit/greens. Whole foods.

Now to losing fat. Just eat less food and allow yourself to be hungry, weigh yourself every morning, repeat until you lose weight at your desired pace.

There is lots of good info in the sticky threads here on the forums, Nutrition, Fat Loss and Workout Programs. Read up!

Start small by going for walks regularly/more often, you can do more stuff once you get into the groove.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebuilt3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey bud, start by making little changes and write some goals down. We all have had struggles of different kinds, but problems come and go. I’m getting ready to start a weight loss journey too. I actually tried a fitness test the other day and failed miserably so it’s a good swift kick in the ass now.
    At your weight you’ll be able to lose weight very fast. Biggest thing is your eating habits. You will need to get rid of junk foods. There’s lots of healthier foods that taste great! I’m not talking about plain vegetables and chicken either. I like making healthy soups myself.
    Start small, if you’re not exercising start with 10 minutes a day, walk around the house or outside, over time increase it.
    Look into some hobbies for yourself,if you can combine a interest, you’ll naturally want to do it more. I met two bigger men swimming one time, they ended up losing over 200 lbs each by just going swimming. Try hiking or walking or something low impact.
    It’s time my friend, each journey starts with a single step

LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50) LadyBekah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Frosty!!

Would you mind sharing with us how you gained the weight? You say your family is active, have you always been overweight? Did you gain a bunch of weight in a short period of time? Sharing your story with us could help us suggest things to you.

As others have suggested, I think it would be a GREAT start to get rid of junk food, however, if that is too big a step for you right now, perhaps trying reducing the amount of junk food you eat could be beneficial. My biggest issues with sticking to diets historically was that I cut everything out cold turkey and felt what I was doing was impossible to maintain. Baby steps can help you gradually change your relationship with food and what your idea of a portion is.

What does a day of eating look like for you? Maybe track what you eat in an average day and start a Losing Fat journal with this info? It will be so inspiring in retrospect to see how you ate at 450 and how much you eat once you start to shed the weight. One thing you will hear over and over again in this forum is: what you eat is THE MOST important part of losing weight.

If you are looking for a sense of community, this forum is a great place, as is the Losing Fat Journals since you can read up on individual people's journeys and struggles. It can be very motivating.

hey guys, thanks for the replies and encouragement. i was on a cultural hiatus. im native american and my peoples ceremonies are done during the summer. i didnt want you to feel as if i wasted your time. i did start walking 2mi a day. takes 40mins but its something. and weights, i have those at the house. i just need to get it in gear now. i keep a log of my walks on the nike run club app. i have been choosing better food options, and trying to cut proportions. struggling there. lol i have my goal for each month on the top of my journal i just started, more of a log. i jot down times, exercises and little notes to help me stay focused. doodles and what not. i think im off to a decent start.

as for how i gained the weight, i was always a lineman and when i left college i continued to eat like a lineman but i stopped working out. i usually eat 3 or 4 times a day, each time its until im full. few years ago i was at 300lbs steadily and then all of a sudden im at the hospital on the scale showing almost 500lbs. knee problems, back problems, i just didnt care though. i guess my mental strength was at an all time low, statistics were not in my favor and i wasnt up for the fight. i just kind of wanted to let the statistics be right.
    Last edited by Frostydosnoman; 07-08-2019 at 01:53 PM.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Frosty, tons of great advice and questions here already. BB.Com is a great support forum. You will get your typical trolls but most will be willing to help and offer encouragement. I sent you a PM if you have any questions I'm more than happy to help!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

need help

just wanted to let yall know, i am down to 390lbs. im still walking in a fasted state. and i lift weights in the evening. ive found some workout plans on this forum. its been helping me a lot. i have been eating cleaner. im excited to see how the next few months go as i have moved up in intensity of my workouts. i had planned on being below 400lbs before my birthday which is in february. thank you all for the words and suggestions. i will check in again in a few weeks.