Thread: Steak fat

Ruben777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruben777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Steak fat

I am now in my onseason for a natural bodybuilding competition.

I am allowed to eat a steak in my diet. I was told by my nutritionist to cut the fat from the steak. However, the fat is my favorite part!

I usually get a steak with a slim layer of fat on a certain side of the steak. Is eating the little bit of fat on a steak a terrible thing for the onseason diet, for competitive bodybuilding?

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's your diet and your prep, so you should set it up the way you want.

Is some fat on the side of a steak going to make or break anything? Only if you allow it, like by eating lots of them daily without accounting for it.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Ruben777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruben777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only have about 2-3 steaks per week, during dinner. Everything else I eat has hardly if any fat on it whatsoever.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ruben777 View Post
    I only have about 2-3 steaks per week, during dinner. Everything else I eat has hardly if any fat on it whatsoever.
    You'll be fine, just keep up the shredding.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    You'll be fine, just keep up the shredding.
    Thank you Tucane. That does make me feel better. :-)

climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000)
    It all comes down to calories in vs calories out really. Fat in itself will not magically make you gain more fat. I'm guessing your nutritionist told you to leave out the fat in order to help you stay within your calorie range for the day. If you really wanted to eat the fat you could always take off calories in another part of your meal plan to compensate. However, this may alter your macros which I'm sure your nutritionist has customized for you to help you achieve the results you desire. If you're really worried about it then ask your nutritionist, they'll know. If you're not too worried, just eat the fat. I doubt it will make much of a difference, especially if we're just talking about a thin strip on steak. You can also exercise a little more to compensate for any extra calories.

Personally, I don't even bother with counting calories. I do a rough estimate in my head, pick healthy food choices, utilize intermittent fasting, and just eat to feel comfortably full. I find all of these tactics help me stay quite lean without even trying. Maybe its a bit different once you're competing but I think people worry too much about the little details and not enough about the big picture. Maintain an appropriate calorie deficit, and lift enough to maintain your muscle. That's what's really important when it comes to leaning out.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would you have a nutritionist if your not going to follow their advise?
    If your getting ready for a show ever little calorie deficit counts yes the includes steak fat.
    Yes i count calories and macros especially before a show.
    It's the only way to be precise on what your doing and can be adjusted one way or another if need be.
    Ive won several shows with this type of approach.