Xamanus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cant find the motivation like I use too

I cant find the motivation like I use to work out few years back in the gym. Hardcore 1-2 hours sessions, these days re started and ive to really push my self. i cant even complete a 45 min workout or Im just not enjoying it. How do i enjoy weight lifting again?

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Xamanus View Post
    I cant find the motivation like I use to work out few years back in the gym. Hardcore 1-2 hours sessions, these days re started and ive to really push my self. i cant even complete a 45 min workout or Im just not enjoying it. How do i enjoy weight lifting again?
    How long have you been lifting? And for how long was your recent break in routine? That will make a huge temporary difference in motivation, energy levels, power-out (to an extent, depending on many factors)...

I'm guessing you're having trouble completing your routine because you're not enjoying it; you were at a certain level before and you're competing with yourself (or beating yourself up) to get that back? Two hour sessions are definitely hard-core in my book (I'm assuming you're putting in enough intensity or RPE...). How many times a week are you training? What does a typical routine consist of for you? Are you able to sufficiently manage normal stress levels on a daily basis? Are you getting enough restorative sleep and eating nutritiously (and eating enough to support your fitness goals)? These are just a few general questions to think about...
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you just got back in the gym after a long break, it's normal to be tired or not feel it that much the first week.
    Stick with it for 2 weeks and you'll feel a lot better and more energized on the third.
    Once you see some gains, you'll be motivated a lot more.

Also always know why you're lifting. You need a goal because otherwise you can't draw energy from it.

And finally: Motivation sometimes wears off. Discipline is what gets you to the finish line. even if you're not feeling it, have the discipline to lift hard and to finish all your exercises.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thechanged1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I usually go on YouTube and watch transformation videos of skinny guys gaining muscle. Ones with the sick music and sh!tty text writing (no troll)

loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) loyforesy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How old are you? Leave it. What music do you love for workout? Do you have a inspirational music list? You can start with this on. I have rammstein. In this type of moment I listen to them. You can have your own choice. Try with that.

bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000) bellypepper01 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    It really takes awhile to acclimate into working out again and having that routine! So, it's really about sticking to it and then getting to that point of 'hell yeah! I'm crushing this workout!'