Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Recommended Attachment for Tricep Extentions?

Replacing a rope and am just overwhelmed by the numerous choices, rope, v-bar, strap, which one? HELP!

Here are some of the more interesting ones I found:

Strap style, out of consideration.
    https://www.roguefitness.com/leather...SABEgLOs_D_BwE

40 Inch Old school cotton rope on sale for 18 bucks
    https://www.power-systems.com/shop/p...er-tricep-rope

32-36 inch rope
    https://www.lpgmuscle.com/shop/overh...i-performance/

The same but with double tri bells, out of consideration
    https://www.lpgmuscle.com/shop/trice...ls-throw-down/

AB's V-Bar (Might have to buythis regardless of rope purchase from the feedback I see)
    https://americanbarbell.com/products...ressdown-v-bar
    Last edited by Za78; 06-12-2019 at 01:43 PM.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is equipment forum, so you probably need them all

I have way too many cable attachments, including a number of options for triceps,, my favourites are, firstly a generic standard V bar (1 1/4" grip), Manilla rope, long version, available in the UK, from The Gym Revolution, last but not least my thick grip Watson revolving row bar, 22" long, with 2" grip.

I like them all and find them equally effective for press down's or overhead extensions, if I had to pick one it would be the V handle, but as with everything equipment related, it's subjective.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Funny this thread should show up since I just bought a Harbinger 36" triceps rope today (I have an Xmark triceps rope I bought years ago and while it has held up and gets its share of use, the rope is too short for a decent stretch on triceps movements and facepulls), so I went ahead and got this one which I should've gotten years ago but procrastinated on for a while...

https://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-373...8-3&th=1&psc=1

I've been using kneeling tricep overhead extensions as an isolation movement after my compounds and think this will fit the bill (added bonus if it gives me extra ROM doing the movement standing without the carriage banging into the top of the lat machine since I have a shorter lat machine to fit the room, but if not then the kneeling version works just as good and gives a better stretch on the long head of the tris from the low pulley variation).

Other than the above mentioned, I have a ton of other attachments and like Rich mentioned above a workout equipment member never has too many lol...

A few other honorable mentions for tris as well as other movements that I happen to have is Elitefts 3" Muscle Mace, American Barbell's aluminum V-bar attachment (not sure if they are sold out on their site though, but there are tons of other versions including BWTG's fat grip version of the V-bar and TK Star's high priced, but I'm sure quality one, I also own Spud Inc's long ab strap which is 30" and can also be used for triceps work too (such as press down).

Another strap attachment I found just today was this one from EFS which looks cool and targets a lot of angles, but is $$$ for what it is...

https://www.elitefts.com/elitefts-3-...ep-ladder.html

And if looking for another standard 36" triceps rope option there's this VTX one too and it's on sale (the only reason I didn't go for this one was because I liked how the Harbinger's version was built a bit better and the price made it qualify for free shipping), here's the VTX one...

https://www.elitefts.com/vtx-triceps-rope.html

Muscle Mace might also be on sale too over at EFS, but you would have to order two of them to use them for double arm tricep and facepull work.

Edit: I just noticed that you found the non-aluminum version of the V-bar from American Barbell, since it's very close to the aluminum one in quality, I wouldn't hesitate to get one!

It's awesome on pressdowns and has an added way to use it by flipping the handles upside down and attaching to a low pulley for angled cable curls which are a great movement too!

Also, another benefit of the 36" triceps rope would be that you can knot it and use it for single arm tricep work too if you want to cover unilateral work for arms.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 06-11-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all the great feedback.. I think a V-bar from AB is in for sure.

Based on the feedback and more research I narrowed down by rope choices some more. I've never used the strap setup, is it basically the same thing as a rope just with different handles?

So it is strap vs rope. For rope I have the choices down to a few different lengths that look quality to me along with the tri bells style which looks interesting or is it really just gimicky?

Am I over thinking this? Yes

Is this Equipment Forum? Yes

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's all really personal preference. Personally, I like the solid V bars better than the rotating style of the AB..... and I prefer rope over straps.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Za78 View Post

Based on the feedback and more research I narrowed down by rope choices some more. I've never used the strap setup, is it basically the same thing as a rope just with different handles?

So it is strap vs rope. For rope I have the choices down to a few different lengths that look quality to me along with the tri bells style which looks interesting or is it really just gimicky?

With the strap you're gonna have the choice to put your hands inside the loops (palms facing inward), or you can even give it a single wrap around the wrists while the hands are in the loops for a bit more wrist support with a bit of ease on the grip and focus on the rear delts and tris on things such as facepulls and tri extensions and pressdowns (if desired and you have a long enough strap), or you can graps the straps above the loops, or outside of them...a bit of different feel, like grasping a pliable folded seatbelt in the hands for the movement, but nothing significantly different, nor necessarily inferior, or superior by any means and will definitely suffice.

I personally chose to additionally get the longer rope attachment because I like the standard "Stationary" integrity of the rope and stoppers for the separation at the lockout of the movement, but in essence you get the same benefit either way.

The strap is probably a bit more comfortable by a hair due to being able to wraps your hands in for extra support while pulling and pushing to lockout on cable movements, but for me personally I'm fine either way.

The V-bar is a great choice and a solid build in that category, while the Tri-bells just seem like a waste of money in my opinion (you basically get the same benefit pressing down with the V-bar and I see no benefit pressing the bells open hand vs. just gripping the V-bar and pressing down)...now if we're taking about an open palm with grip for a globe type pulldown bar, or the 3" Muscle Maces then that's a whole other story.

Edit: I just looked at the above link in the original post about the leather strap, but referred to the Spud Inc. strap, the leather one will likely be less pliable to grasp at certain points (higher up if need be, or to wrap the strap around the wrists) so if going the strap route the Spud will likely be the better option in that category, unless you prefer no give to it.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 06-12-2019 at 06:51 AM.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    It's all really personal preference. Personally, I like the solid V bars better than the rotating style of the AB..... and I prefer rope over straps.
    I agree, I have both a revolving and fixed V bar and prefer the fixed. I can't get along with straps, I have the Spud long ab strap, but really don't use it much, the rope handle is a different matter.

IMO it's worth investing in a good rope attachment, my choice would be a natural fibre rope ,they're more flexible and just feel better than nylon.

Then the Power Systems 40 inch cotton rope seems to be the winner. Natural fiber, longest length and cheapest.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I have the AB V-Bar and the LPG Muscle Extreme that you linked: https://www.lpgmuscle.com/shop/overh...i-performance/ . I bought the blue blemished one: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeF_90Ah..._web_copy_link The second photo should show you the length difference versus a standard rope.

I also have a normal tricep rope, a Spud short ab strap (which is basically a rope with nylon handles), and some other stuff. I definitely prefer a rope over the strap for pushdowns. I use the rope for overhead tri extensions too.
    If I was getting too, I'd probably do the ab v-bar and lpg rope.
    Garage Gym Owner

OK, on the rope I think I am down to the Power Systems cotton rope or the LPG. Hmm...

AB V-Bar is a go, though tempted to also order a fixed V-bar to try out.

OK, on the rope I think I am down to the Power Systems cotton rope or the LPG. Hmm...

AB V-Bar is a go, though tempted to also order a fixed V-bar to try out.
    Geez, I totally missed the link you mentioned on the LPG Muscle Extreme 36" rope when I seen the Tri-bell mentioned (it was too early of a morning when I read the original post lol), I probably would've gotten the Muscle Extreme rope instead of the Harbinger if I seen that one first...I might consider returning the Harbinger rope based off of what I read on the LPG one, or since it's the equipment forum leave one for facepulls and the other on the low pulley for overhead tri extensions lol.

Update: Ordered the 36" grunge orange rope and successfully cancelled my order of the Harbinger before it shipped and will be refunded.

The LPG appears to be built nicer and only about a dollar more than what I would've paid for the Harbinger, added bonus that'll ship quicker too since it's in the East coast like me.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 06-12-2019 at 07:57 PM.

I also thinned out the list I had which probably made it easier to see. Anyone know what the story is with AB's premium attachments? They are always out of stock, are they no longer produced?

BTW, just to make you doubt yourself, LPG also has a rope on a pulley. Seems gimicky at first glance but what do I know:

https://www.lpgmuscle.com/shop/trice...e-live-action/

I also thinned out the list I had which probably made it easier to see. Anyone know what the story is with AB's premium attachments? They are always out of stock, are they no longer produced?

BTW, just to make you doubt yourself, LPG also has a rope on a pulley. Seems gimicky at first glance but what do I know:

https://www.lpgmuscle.com/shop/trice...e-live-action/
    I own two premium attachments from AB (which I purchased from a forum member a while back), no idea what's going on with their production of them, but the main difference is that they are aluminum and from what I understood at the time were not imported.

They also are considerably lighter weight of an attachment compared to the regular versions, the premium ones eyelet does tend to not swivel as freely as the regular ones, but it doesn't really effect the performance of the attachment by much.

I own the regular and premium versions of the row handle and the premium V-bar attachment from them.

Hahaha I seen that pulley version when ordering the other rope, but I'm not interested expensive for what it is and it looks kinda gimmicky and like a burden when doing overhead tri extensions like the pulley part would smack you in the back of the head during the stretch, maybe it's just me on that, but I wouldn't take a chance on it.

ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000) ampire is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like the V bar. Feels the best on my elbows and I get a good consistent progression in strength using that attachment. I don't like the rubber grip kind though, the rubber just tears off.