Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ubermensch: TypeNirvash's Journey to Physical and Mental Fortitude

As I've spent time growing physically, I have noticed that a hunger growing internally. I cannot describe this hunger, without feeling as though there is much more to this life. I feel as though I am fortunate to realize that, at 26, I am still very much in my youth with (hopefully) very much life ahead.

I have spent many years wasting time.

I do not regret this, for in these wasted years I have learned much about myself and the type of person I am. I have had the opportunity to be carefree for some moments of my life. I have had the opportunity to be unconcerned with the path I am taking.

And as such, I have realized an internal struggle; the desire to maximize the potential I extract from my life both physically and mentally.

I have learned that my energy is boundless when I wish for it to be, and my desire to grow is endless when I take interest in something. I have learned that I am capable of many things when I put my mind to the task. I have learned that I have been wasting these qualities, and that by not maximizing their impact on my life, I am putting my best qualities in storage.

The log is titled Ubermensch, after Nietzsche's work. A literal translation would be "Over Man." The goal is to transcend the normal confines of my life, both physically and mentally. Essentially, I would like to become the absolute best version of myself--the version of myself that has maximized my potential.

This log will serve to track the following goals:
    -Gym Progress/Lifting Progress
    -Physique Progress/Cutting Progress
    -Caloric/Nutrition Goals
    -Boxing Training
    -Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training
    -Skating Progress/Learning
    -Running Progress
    -Handboard/Hand Cane Progress

This log will also track the following secondary pieces of information:
    -Mood Activity During Day (By Hour; Scale 1-10)
    -Alertness During Day (By Hour; Scale 1-10)
    -Amount of Sleep obtained
    -Things Learned (Both pertaining to, and aside from goals)

Over time, I will also be adding things to the list of goals, as I continue to progress.

The idea behind this log is to create a level of accountability for myself, and a running count/track of the things I will be trying to do in order to maximize as much of my time as possible.

I will also outline my schedule and how it pertains to what I will be doing throughout the day + workout in order to rate how well (and whether or not I have maximized my time) I have used my time.

It is my hope, that through the actions I am taking, I can create a better life for myself and hopefully give a framework for others to do the same where possible.

Be on the lookout for my update tonight.

I will include a schedule and some metrics that will help explain what I am doing/what my routine is like.
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-10-2019 at 12:53 PM.

TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TypeNirvash has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Day 1:

Monday's as good a day as any to put yourself together.

Waking up, as usual, is hard. I'm wide awake at 6:00AM but take the extra thirty minutes. By 6:30AM, it's a struggle. I gotta' stop doing this to myself, and I know it. I'm gonna' stop doing this tomorrow.

Morning Routine:
    Up and out the door in 20 minutes or less. Grab some gas and a zero calorie monster energy drink for the ride. Hour and a half commute, blast music. Some morning routine. I resolve to be a little more productive with my hour and a half commute. Maybe learn a language during the ride. I'll look into that.

This has to change. I intend to begin working on this tomorrow. Small steps. Goal is to wake up at 6:00AM tomorrow. Stretch Goal is to wake up the moment I reach wakefulness and to stop hitting snooze--5:00AM.

Current Lifting Routine and Goals for Physique:
    Currently cutting for the summer, and trying to maintain strength.
    I run a 4 day U/L/U/L spread with the occasional P/P/L/U/L for a 5 day spread when I am on overdrive for the week. Routine is bare bones, so that I do not exhaust myself too much for night training (Boxing/BJJ). Most of my heavy lifting gets done on Saturday/Sunday or both. I am very fortunate to have a gym inside of my office, where I spend most of my lunch break so I condense half my workouts to fit the 1 hour period of time I have.

Schedule:
    Monday: Work (8AM-5PM)/No Lift/BJJ (6:45-8PM)/Boxing (8-9:30PM)
    Tuesday: Work (8AM-5PM)/Full Upper/BJJ (6:45-8PM)
    Wednesday: Work (8AM-5PM)/Lower/BJJ (6:45-8PM)/Boxing (8-9:30PM)
    Thursday: Work (8AM-5PM)/Full Upper/No additional training
    Friday: Work (8AM-5PM)/Off
    Saturday: Lower/Boxing (2-4PM)/BJJ(4-5PM)
    Sunday: No Lift/BJJ(11-1PM)/Boxing (1:30PM-3:30PM)

Today's BJJ Progress:
    -Learned 1 new submission.
    -Used the new submission in live work for a tap!
    -My switches between positions were on point, and felt very fluid
    -Got five taps today
    -Did not tap today
    Working with mainly white belts for what it is worth, but hey, it is a start!

Today's Boxing Progress:
    -Two of my students came to class
    -Taught both of my students differently according to their styles
    -Worked on M's foot work/bounce and sharpened his form
    -Worked on J's jab and straight right
    -Was able to get at least 6 rounds of bag work between sets and 10 minutes of rope during lessons

Today's Tracker:
    Spoiler!

Rocked it with Mental Acuity today. Normally I feel like I am kind of just going through the day, and not quite awake. Today, I felt like there were at least two times in the day where not only was I performing at peak effort, but I was at peak mental acuity. Great mood all day, that sustained itself. Felt myself visibly smiling very often. Motivation through the roof.

I would like to see if I can keep this up.

N U T R I T I O N

Somehow I only managed to get about 500ish calories in today. Not sure how I managed to make it through the day with so little food. Will make a protein shake with milk and call it a day. I'll do better tomorrow. :P

It's about 10:43PM here. I've got to shower, make a shake and then head to bed... Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Ubermensch: TypeNirvash's Journey To Physical and Mental Fortitude
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177236131

Morning Routine Update:

Semi-awake at 5:45AM... In my sleep-addled state, I somehow convinced myself to hit the snooze button. Slept through the rest of the alarms until 6:25AM. Out the door in 20 minutes, popped another energy drink.

Problem: I would like to get an earlier start to the day.

Solution: I will take my phone and place it across the room so that I can't hit the snooze button effortlessly. This way I am already up and out of the bed. I think the fact that all I have to do is lift my hand slightly to snooze the alarm is counter productive to being able to wake up earlier.

We will test this solution tomorrow morning.

Also, my hand canes come in today. I wanted to wake up earlier so I can start the day by using the hand canes. I am hoping that my excitement to use them will help push me out of the bed earlier than normal.

Will have a mid-day update after the gym session today.

Day 2: 6/11

The lack of equipment in my gym makes for a sort of poor workout but I am thankful that I have it. I try my best to make good use of everything, although I genuinely dislike the Smith Bench. It gets the job done, though.

The fact that I can go there on my lunch break gives me the ability to go to the BJJ/Boxing classes at night and then also add an additional activity in the morning. Thankful.

Full Upper Workout:
    Pull Ups: 10, 10, 10, 8
    Lat Pull Downs: 100x10, 100x10, 160x10
    Reverse Flyes: 60x10, 60x10, 80x10
    Smith Bench: 235x10, 235x10, 235x10
    Flyes: 140x10, 160x10, 160x10
    Side Lateral Raise: 20x10, 20x10, 25x10

N U T R I T I O N

I went a little overboard last night. Had dinner with some friends I hadn't seen in a while and went out for $3 Taco Tuesday.

Have some taco pics.

Spoiler!

Daily Tracker:

Starting Physique 188lbs
    Spoiler!

Will have morning update up as soon as I finish some work. Keep getting a 404 on the post for some reason.
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-12-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Day 3:

Morning Update:

So moving the alarm to my desk as opposed to right beside my bed worked. I did lay down for a little extra time after the alarm but managed to get up at 5:30AM.

The hand canes came in yesterday and it was exactly the kind of motivation I needed to get ready.

Hand Canes:
    Spoiler!

Here's the thing; these things are hard! While I had expected this, I did not realize how challenging it would be to just pick up and go. I can do a handstand on the ground, but this was more challenging. The purpose and goal is to do it right, though.

So the plan is to do small movements, in isolated formats, in order to build the strength to put them together.

This is going to take time.

I'm excited to be a beginner.

I will likely, take a video of me doing them poorly in the near future.
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-12-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Day 3: Afternoon

I really need to find a way to hit legs harder, and am thinking of incorporating pistol squats into my routine again but will have to figure out a progression.

Workout:

Single Leg Press: 220x10, 240x10, 260x10
    Single Leg Extensions: 140x10, 140x10, 140x10
    Hamstring Curls: 80x12, 80x12, 80x12
    Calf Raises: 100x20, 100x20, 100x20, 100x20

Definitely need more volume here, and will have to figure out how to increase that and still stay below 50 minutes.

BJJ Training:

-Practiced lasso grip
    -12 minute flow roll
    -Managed to learn and apply the ezekial choke from the other class from the back

Boxing
    -3x 5 minute Bag Work
    -2x 3 minute straight right technique work
    2x 3 minute figure 8 drill
    1x 5 minute rope

N U T R I T I ON:

C: 1119
    P: 92
    F: 57
    CHO: 54

Once again, calories on the VERY low side. Hard to get it in during the day at work and between bouncing around.

Problem: Low calories but missing my protien macro by miles.
    Solution: Bring protein powder into work in order to ensure that protein macro is met.

Will have a morning update up shortly.
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-14-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Day 4: 6-13

So I ended up swapping my off day to Thursday, instead of Friday. Nice little break from everything. I realize that it's important to make that time where possible, because sometimes you just have to enjoy a nice day.

Since I don't have boxing on Thursdays, I ended up using the extra time to go out and skate while it was still light out. Practiced my kicks and worked on speed going up a slight incline so that I could go faster on flat ground.

Worked on my Ollie, and even though I still can't land one... I managed to come the closest I ever have to doing so.

Spoiler!

So I fell down way more times than I usually do yesterday. But I'm making progress and that is genuinely more than I can ask for. Over all, great session.

N U T R I T I O N

1,400 Cal
    P: 136
    F: 95
    CHO: 60

Closing in on finally hitting my protein goal...

Productivity Tracker:

Day 5: 6/14

Was fortunate enough to be allowed to sleep in due to a client meeting in the morning taking place at 9AM. I woke up at about 7:30AM and got ready to go out.

During lunch, one of my co-workers asked me to do a little bit of boxing work with him. We'd previously been training but he fell off the boat a little. And while it was somewhat disruptive to my schedule, I figured that I could just push everything back one more day. There are days like this one, where teaching is a fun task and I can really sink my teeth into it.

I fell off the boat a little bit toward the end of my night with the diet; I ended up taking the SO out for dinner to reward her for her first week at her new career. Got home and had a few cookies as well. Life was pretty good.

Overall, a nice relaxing day.

Tracker:
    Attached Images

Weekend Update:

Day 6: Saturday

I have found it hard to be on top of everything on Saturdays. Between events happening, family visiting, and the amount of training I typically like to schedule on Saturday it can feel kind of claustrophobic.

This weekend, my brothers came to visit so we could watch Tyson Fury fight.

That meant I needed to make sure I'd be around after training and probably would end up eating out. I decided not to track macros on Friday night, so I do not know where I ended up.

Training:

Session 1: Upper

Bench Press: 225x10, 225x10, 245x6, 265x3
    Machine Chest Flyes: 160x10, 180x10, 190x10
    Side Lateral Raises: 30x6, 30x6, 30x6
    OHP: 135x8, 135x6
    3 Finger Pull Ups: 10, 10, 10
    2 Finger Pull Ups: 8, 6
    Back Flyes: 70x10, 70x10, 70x10

Had to cut it short to make session number 2.

Session # 2: BJJ

Technique: Mount Escape/Hand on Hip/Sweep
    50 minutes
    Live Roll: 8 minutes

Class was mostly empty on Saturday. I asked coach to roll with me, knowing full well I would get thrown around/mauled. Went in to learn how far the skill difference was and what it would be like to be at his level.

It went exactly how I had expected.

Fortunately, my cardio managed to let me keep working. I tapped 5 times.

But it was motivating.

Session #3: Boxing

3 x 4 minute Jump Rope
    2 x 3 Minute Footwork
    3 x 3 Minute Bag Work

Kept it light after getting rolled around like I had. I could feel my shoulder becoming sore. Probably happened when I got hip tossed. I'll live.

Day 7: Sunday

Sunday was Father's day and yet another of not tracking macros closely. I ended up eating a lot more than what I had anticipated. Took my father out for dinner and a movie along with my brother. We hadn't done that in ages.

Either way, I enjoyed myself.

Ended up having to skip the gym to keep on schedule. Managed to get in some rolls during class.

BJJ Roll Session:
    10AM-12:30AM Open mat live rolls.

Did not get tapped once. Used the choke I learned during the week twice. Shifted positions and secured back multiple times.

Felt like I have been getting much better than I was when I started.

Day 8:

Took the day off to recover a little bit. Woke up at 5:30AM, and broke out the hand canes. Immediately regretted it. Body was not happy with me after the rolls from Sunday. Decided to take the day to relax. Did not go to BJJ after work, and just taught boxing tonight.

Ended up adding a couple of things to my productivity tracker to see how they interact with the week, though. It helped me stay a little motivated throughout the day.

Nutrition
    828 kCal
    63g Protein
    35g Fat
    67g CHO

Can't seem to dial in my macros lately. Really need to work on that. Will grab a quick meal and update macros afterward.

Productivity Tracker

Spoiler!

Day 9:

So I haven't been able to use the hand canes much this week. I'm noticing a growing pain in my shoulder, and have been getting some tingling sensations when I put it in certain positions. It's not nearly painful enough to merit that I don't train. It's just annoying.

I will push through it in hopes that it just gets better over time.

Workout:
    Smith Flat Bench: 225x10, 225x10, 245x8, 245x7
    Machine Flyes: 140x10, 170x10, 170x10
    Machine Shoulder Press: 80x10, 80x10, 80x10
    Side Lateral Raise: 25x8, 25x8, 25x8
    Three Finger Pull Ups: 10, 10
    Two Finger Pull Ups: 8, 6
    Lat Pull Down: 110x10, 110x10, 110x10
    Back Flyes: 80x10, 80x10, 80x10

Overall, good light workout. I will likely try to add some sort of shrug to this as I need an additional trap exercise.

Session #2: BJJ
    Technique Practice: 30 minutes
    Live Rolls: 40 total minutes work
    Highlights: Did not get tapped, learned the oopa, and north south choke and managed to change positions effectively.
    Need to work on: Spider guard. Need to learn this technique better.

N U T R I T I O N:

1099 Cal
    109 P
    52 F
    58 CHO

Once again, a little low. But we are slowly closing in on protein. Will need at least another 70-80g.

Productivity Tracker:
    Spoiler!

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    NECON!!!

HOW ARE YOU BRO?

How is it out there in Aussie land? Or did you move to the states yet?

LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LordMU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really good thread idea and subbed. You should've posted physique pics at the beginning so you have something to compare to in a few months time.
    6'2,190,10%
    Bench-275 Squat-335 D-450
    Goals: B-315 S-405 D-500

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TypeNirvash View Post
    NECON!!!

HOW ARE YOU BRO?

How is it out there in Aussie land? Or did you move to the states yet?

Doing well bro. Move hasn't happened yet but the wheels are in motion.
    Delirious Mutant.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

My dear friend, 3 Finger Pull Ups & 2 Finger Pull Ups!?

Good for you, I see you are really serious about martial arts and I love you for that!!

We also do thumb push ups and two finger push ups. *wink*

*Honki dane, ouen-suru-kara ganbare-yo!!

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Training Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

A bit delayed on my update but will have one up today

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    My dear friend, 3 Finger Pull Ups & 2 Finger Pull Ups!?

Good for you, I see you are really serious about martial arts and I love you for that!!

We also do thumb push ups and two finger push ups. *wink*

*Honki dane, ouen-suru-kara ganbare-yo!!

Kaz! It's always great to hear from you man!

I think that I just might add thumb and two Finger push-ups to the routine thanks for the idea!

Hope you've been well, my brother!

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Doing well bro. Move hasn't happened yet but the wheels are in motion.
    When you finally move you should let me know! I am going to be in CA again soon as a matter of fact

Originally Posted by LordMU View Post
    Really good thread idea and subbed. You should've posted physique pics at the beginning so you have something to compare to in a few months time.
    Thanks brah, very kind of you

I have a physique pic, in one of the posts, though!
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-21-2019 at 07:35 AM.

arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will follow your journey.

Best of luck

Originally Posted by redraider86 View Post
    In on this, and what the EFF at only getting in 500 calories in a day?

Your productivity tracker is really adding some good focus and discipline to my days. I made a few tweaks here and there for my own training but overall I'm digging it, and it seems to be working great for you as well. Thank you for that.
    I'm glad it's working for you! Can I ask what kind of tweaks you made? I might like to mess around and incorporate them if I can

Also my days tend to get super busy, and sometimes I don't have time to eat. One issue I need to address is definitely getting food intake down. Monday and Wednesday are usually the hardest for that.

Originally Posted by arkona4trek View Post
    I will follow your journey.

Best of luck
    Hey brah thanks for stopping in for this. It means a lot to me!

Of course, and thanks again. I love this sort of stuff. My Productivity Section has the following columns:

Devotional/JM (Jewish Moments, streaming radio where I listen and they do Torah excerpts and talk about it)
    Daven (Pray)
    Cycling Miles
    Outside Run/Walk Miles
    Strength training minutes
    Stretching minutes
    Meditating minutes
    Reading minutes

Then the rest are the same....Water, Sleep, Kcal, P/F/CHO, and total workout at the end. I also messed with a few formulas to make cumulative miles and a few other things easier to track.

My next section is my meal plan, then the next is my workout breakdown. Sometimes my workout is as simple as checking off that I've bookmarked the digital rides I need to crank out the next morning. LOL no excuses when I've got stuff bookmarked and I just have to drag my ass from my bed to the Peloton.

Your schedule does make eating consistently hard, I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't know, if it's working for you, does it matter? Strategic fasting can't hurt.
    Oh wow, yeah, you definitely added a lot to the productivity rows. I can only imagine how large the chart looks now! I am glad that it has been helpful for tracking

You have a peloton? Dang those look pretty sweet, and tbh, I feel like they're definitely helpful when it comes to at-home-cardio. I always tell myself I'll rope at home, but I literally never do that unless I have an upcoming fight...

Update coming after this

Days 10-12

So the first thing you might notice is that I do not have the productivity tracker in this post. There are two reasons for that;

1) Friday I had a huge project and did not remember to make the checks. Instead of estimating and ruining the data, I decided to just forgo the tracker entirely.
    2) Because I have much more time on the weekends, I do not need to be as structured as getting in the training does not require much planning. As such, I usually do not track the weekends.

Day 10: Friday

Training: Off Day

Skate:

Managed to get in about 45 minutes of skating at around 11PM Friday night. Was heading back home from spending some time with the SO and made a quick stop at the local park. I spent a ton of time trying to Ollie, but did not land a single one.

"Just one more try. I can do this."

I feel like this has been my mantra lately.

Nutrition:
    1,707 kCal
    88g P
    157g CHO
    80g F

Day 11: Saturday

Managed to get 4 sessions worth of training today. Feel like I may have pushed it a little too hard, though. More on that later.

Full Upper:

All push lifts superset with pull lifts
    Bench: 225x10, 245x10, 245x8, 245x6
    3 Finger Pull Ups: 10, 10
    2 Finger Pull Ups: 8, 6.5 (25 second static hold half rep/ 90 degrees)
    Machine Flyes: 165x10, 185x10, 195x10, 195x6
    Back Flyes: 80x10, 80x10, 80x10

Final Circuit:
    OHP: 145x6, 145x4
    Side Lateral Raise: 25x10, 25x7
    Seated Cable Rows: 150x10, 150x6

Boxing:
    5 Rounds (3 Min/Head Movement/Defense)
    5 Rounds (4 Min/Bag Work)

Blood was running hot during my session. Head Movement was on point. Can count on my hands the amount of times I was hit. Felt amazing!

BJJ:
    20 Minutes (Elbow Knee Escape From Mount Drill)
    1 Hour Live Rolls

Managed to roll with a purple belt during live rolls. We had a LONG roll, before I finally got tapped which made me feel great because it meant that I was able to fend off a WAY higher level for that length of time.

Also... Ended up getting a knee to the face mid-roll with another white belt. It didn't hurt at the time, but my eye is black and I've got a nice little mark underneath the eye as well.

Add that to the three marks I already have and I look terrible. I am very fortunate that the way my brow is shaped kind of hides the black eye which means that nobody can see it until I close my eye.

Skate:
    1 Hour of Ollie practice

Stuck the landing, finally!

Day 12: Sunday

Remember how last week I mentioned my shoulder was bothering me? Well, it's back with a vengeance. Woke up to a very unpleasant sensation in my neck/shoulder. Holding my neck at certain angles causes a tingling sensations to shoot through my left arm. My shoulder also gives a little bit of pain when I move it.

I haven't lost strength or mobility so that is good. But I do deal with pain upon movement which is restrictive in itself.

Took the day off from tracking and training.

I did try to skate for a little, but after about 30 minutes I decided to call it quits. Shoulder made it a little uncomfortable to be in position and made it harder to keep balance during Ollie practice. Made a few landings though and that made me feel great.

arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000) arkona4trek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dunno how you survive all that training with only 1k8 kcal °_°

Hope your shoulder will heal, try not push it too hard regarding training in order to let it heal properly.

Have a nice week

Originally Posted by arkona4trek View Post
    Dunno how you survive all that training with only 1k8 kcal °_°

Hope your shoulder will heal, try not push it too hard regarding training in order to let it heal properly.

Have a nice week
    You get used to it But it really isn't so bad.

Looks like it is a brachial plexus injury so I will have to stay off it for a bit. Going to try to restructure some training so I can still hit lower body/footwork for boxing.

How are you doing brotha?

Day 13-14

Both days passed in a similar fashion;

I skipped out on training, due to the injury. Will be looking to try to keep off of the shoulder however possible. Going to eat around maintenance from here until the recovery.

Will also be focusing more on legs.

Tracker for both days shows an abysmal dip in motivation, and focus. I think part of that is because the thought that I'll have to stop making progress for a little bit already.

Your progress isn't halting - you're focusing on other areas of progression. Now you get to devote more time and energy to leg development. Good stuff!
    You're right I'm trying my best to see it this way.

I am also going to use this time to focus on writing again, and may post some writing exercises into the thread just to keep myself accountable.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

Hi Adam, I noticed imgur image address problems in your early posts.

Hope this helps.....

And you look great in that "Starting Physique 188lbs" photo!!

I also enjoyed your skateboard videos too.

And impressive Bench, especially with your low cal intakes!! Keep it up m'friend. *bow*

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Samraiwise; 06-26-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    ⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Training Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    Hi Adam, I noticed imgur image address problems in your early posts.

Hope this helps.....

And you look great in that "Starting Physique 188lbs" photo!!

I also enjoyed your skateboard videos too.

And impressive Bench, especially with your low cal intakes!! Keep it up m'friend. *bow*

Spoiler!
    Hey Kaz, thanks for the head's up--I still have trouble with bb code sometimes

I appreciate the kind words by the way

How has your week been?

Day 15:

Okay, so I have fallen off the boat a little bit already due to this injury, I admit. I haven't been tracking productivity as much because I have more time (but also less physical ability to pursue some of the stuff I was trying to do).

But I had a small breakthrough yesterday.

A friend of mine who happens to fight pro asked if he could come through to my gym. After seeing him work, I decided fuk it, I'm going to do some rounds.

I thought I was going to regret it, but maybe I did just enough work that it was beneficial.

Boxing:
    3 x 5 Minute Round Sparring

I do have to say, I could not string more than one jab together without feeling it.

But after the session my shoulder felt much looser. I still feel the pain/tingles, but it I gotta say... Fuk it. I'm training through this.

However, I am going to probably brace my arm during BJJ so I don't have to worry about getting kimura'd on that side.

Skate:
    30 Minutes Ollie practice

Went out with a friend after practice to work on ollies. We both landed 1 Ollie. Several good attempts, but we landed 1 a piece and decided to end it on a high note.

So in order to keep volume low-ish, and to hit goals/macros I'm going to run PSMF. I was half-unintentionally running one before.

Lmao this is a bad idea waiting to happen, but we outchia. I have trouble sitting on the sidelines.
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-27-2019 at 07:01 AM.

I am dying right now because literally the thought running through my head was...

But this is the fun, mostly harmless kind of bad idea, and I'm in to watch the fallout.
    I mean it's a bad idea specifically because of the injury but would be totally okay otherwise.

But could it be worse than the idea I have about bracing/taping my arm to my side so I can still do BJJ? Let's find out on the next episode of "I just don't know when to quit."

Day 16

Official start of my first day of PSMF. Energy was low, as is usual for starting PSMF.

Turned into less of PSMF and more of super deep cut. As I've found out, I am bad at hitting protein macros.

No lifts today.

N U T R I T I O N:
    1,122 kCal
    88P
    22C
    66F

Day 17:

Closing in on the final Day of Rest!

No training, but hard dieting.

N U T R I T I O N:
    1,090 Cal
    88g P
    57g CHO
    58g F

Once again, doing poorly getting that protein macro. Going to need to plan better.

Day 18:

Phew! First day doing something--anything!

I have some sparring coming into my gym tomorrow, and I'll be working with a handful of guys. One of them is a pro! Very excited to do work.

But it's a little bit bittersweet. Due to some drama at the gym (which I still don't really understand, or really know what is going on), the owner has asked all instructors to give back their keys. It's not the first time that this has happened, and it's not the first time the owner has sent out a message en masse about how "things aren't going the way he intends" at the gym. I don't know what he's looking to do, but I run Monday and Wednesday's classes specifically because I have unfettered access to the gym in return. The last time he sent out a message en masse, it was re: a piece of equipment that had been broken. I didn't break it, but I purchased a replacement because I am thankful for always having access to the gym... So to get lumped in the group of instructors that has to return their key is a bit of an insult.

So that being said, I'm probably going to be looking for another gym. Not having a key means I will not be able to run Sunday sparring sessions anymore. Basically, it means, that my ability to progress as a fighter is limited to the times that the owner of the gym is on premises (which is not very often).

Skate:

Ollie Practice; 3.5 hours

Took the board out in the sun, in order to clear my head. Kind of upset, because the gym was my home for a while. In a way, I'm relieved, though. It means more time to work on my own things. Not sure when I'm going to break the news about Monday and Wednesday classes to the owner.

It's taking less and less time string ollies together... I also managed to do two in a row twice!

N U T R I T I O N
    1559 kCal
    163g P
    68g CHO
    72g F

Damn, I closed in on protein, but was a bit high on the other macros/kCal. We're closing in on finally getting this right lol
    Last edited by TypeNirvash; 06-30-2019 at 08:28 AM.