Thread: TDEE Calculator

dylanmc111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile TDEE Calculator

I'm looking for the most accurate TDEE Calculator. I am getting too much of a wide range from many different calculators. Some from a 500-700 calorie difference.

So, for fat loss I want to be in a deficit of 500 cals a day. Now, to get the most accurate number of calories to be consuming, what should I set the 'Activity Level' at in the TDEE calculator at?

Stats:
    6ft
    Active (6x gym per week?
    87kg
    Loss fat
    Last edited by dylanmc111; 06-06-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Registered User declansmith1967's Avatar
    declansmith1967 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Exactly same as me bro!!

zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you can know exact only over time by seeing how your weight progresses from week to week and what you have been eating those weeks,thats the only way to get that.

get to grind,it might take about a month to figure out your own TDEE,first two weeks to cut out water weight and next two as actual phase where you can determine that.

dylanmc111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What exactly is 'water weight '? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question🙄

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    None of them are accurate, they are guesses based on broad population statistics.

There is no substitute for
    1. record your calories daily
    2. weigh yourself daily
    3. once you have enough data, you can infer your TDEE from weight changes in response to calorie intake

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    water weight is the weight of water that you carry. This varies from day to day based on carb, salt intake, inflammation, levels of muscle glycogen etc. etc. My advice is not to get too worried by swings in water weight, just treat it as inevitable noise in the data that you just have to work around.

The whole process is terribly error prone in any case so you are only interested in the broad brush strokes, don't try to treat it as something precise or you'll just end up chasing your tail.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As mentioned just start at a reasonable number and adjust after a month depending on your progress or lack of it. Between the calculators not being accurate for many reasons and your inaccuracy with counting and tracking of weekly calories you'll be way off anyway.

TDEE is something that is always a moving target however in time with consistent logging and better counting\tracking accuracy you'll get closer as time goes on. Once you have that number figured out then you'll have a baseline for future weight management
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Registered User JayCutlerDaGOAT's Avatar
    JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayCutlerDaGOAT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what I have researched, the Katch-McArdle formula is the most accurate one but it requires you to know your body fat percentage (which can be inaccurate).

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    water weight is the weight of water that you carry. This varies from day to day... inevitable noise in the data that you just have to work around.

The whole process is terribly error prone in any case so you are only interested in the broad brush strokes, don't try to treat it as something precise or you'll just end up chasing your tail.
    OP, this is why I always encourage weighing yourself on the same day of the week and at the same time of day, i.e. weigh yourself on Friday mornings before breakfast, coffee, or a workout. This will ensure you are carrying approximately the same amount of extraneous weight as the previous week and after a whole week of working out you are probably at your most accurate peak performance weight.
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JayCutlerDaGOAT View Post
    From what I have researched, the Katch-McArdle formula is the most accurate one but it requires you to know your body fat percentage (which can be inaccurate).
    Yes, it's actually quite accurate. I sometimes use it for those rare occasions when I feel like I'm stabbing in the dark.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get BMR from online calculator. 1.2 x BMR ~= sedentary TDEE (or just put in sedentary as your activity level). Then record calories expended in all workouts. Some days I burn 2300, others I burn 5800. I eat to average ~700 deficit. Some days I eat 1700 and other 4700.
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs