gelllyfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)

almonds are good?

Right now I'm trying to avoid protein shakes so I am eating some high protein yoghurt (80kcal, 14g proteins) as breakfast and I throw in about 30g of almonds to add some taste and some extra proteins and I drink a glass of milk. Now I'm wondering if those almonds are a good idea because they're actually quite high in fats (15g fats, 13.6 unsaturated, and 8g proteins) and I'm already drinking milk which has some fats as well...

Should I skip the almonds or not?
    Last edited by gelllyfish; 05-30-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Really just depends on if it fits your caloric intake and macronutrient goals. They are a good source of healthy fats.

Why are you trying to avoid protein shakes? Just curious.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No one food is universally 'good' or 'bad', even highly processed ones.

Someone with an eating disorder who needs to break mental boundaries could see eating pure sugar and oil as being 'good' because they might remedy their food issues.

Someone else might have to avoid all gluten because they're allergic.

Almonds contain healthy fats, fiber, several vitamins and minerals, and many people love the taste.

Are they 'bad' because they have fat? Of course not, you need fat to live.

The question is: are they good for your goals, and your taste buds?
    The power of carbs compels me!

gelllyfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Really just depends on if it fits your caloric intake and macronutrient goals. They are a good source of healthy fats.

Why are you trying to avoid protein shakes? Just curious.
    I still live with my parents and they're against the stuff... Yeah stupid reason, I know but anyway not trying to fight it now, i graduate soon, and then I'm gonna live alone anyway and I can do whatever I want.

And yeah I like the almonds taste, and mainly my goal is to get a higher amount of protein and a lesser amount of fats (while no completely avoiding them ofcourse) but the almonds are kinda contradictory on that point.

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gelllyfish View Post
    I still live with my parents and they're against the stuff... Yeah stupid reason, I know but anyway not trying to fight it now, i graduate soon, and then I'm gonna live alone anyway and I can do whatever I want.

And yeah I like the almonds taste, and mainly my goal is to get a higher amount of protein and a lesser amount of fats (while no completely avoiding them ofcourse) but the almonds are kinda contradictory on that point.
    That's fine, protein powder isn't needed at all. Real food works just as good if not better. It's only a supplement after all.

Well if your goal is just to add more protein without the fats, why don't you aim for more lean meats? Tuna, Chicken, etc. Or egg whites for that matter.

There's A LOT out there that you can eat that is high protein and low in fats, doesn't have to be milk or nuts. Just do not demonize fats. They are VERY important, not only from an energy standpoint but overall health (hormone regulation, cell growth, etc etc)

ElliotPWR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They’re good in moderate amounts. I usually try not to eat almonds or cashew nuts because I end up eating 500 calories of it in no time

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

Almonds contain healthy fats, fiber, several vitamins and minerals, and many people love the taste.

Are they 'bad' because they have fat? Of course not, you need fat to live.

The question is: are they good for your goals, and your taste buds?
    This. If you enjoy them and they fit your dietary/calorie goals then have almonds.
    Curing disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.