klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new coach or wait?

Long story short: I met a lady at the gym who is an ex-bodybuilder. We hit it off and exchanged info when I asked if she did any coaching. I asked how much, and she said she wasn’t charging me--she was excited to get back into the sport again. We would meet up at the gym once a week or once every other week and do cardio and talk. When I asked her what my timeline could be for competing she felt I could be ready by next year (2020). I was ecstatic and nervous, but READY. So so ready. She suggested I start cutting more body fat to see what my underlying composition looked like to know what my next steps should be for training and prep.

Fast forward…she broke her wrist, and since then has been MIA. We haven’t talked or met up in a month in a half. I am new to competition, but not the gym. I’ve lifted for 10 years with various goals. But, right now I need more than what I am getting. I don’t (think) I need help right now on diet or exercise--I like being in control of these things (diet and exercise) because of e.d. issues and past coaching where questioning was not allowed. Some guidance/second set of eyes on my work would be nice. I also desperately need my body fat percentage taken to ensure my progress is from fat loss only.

I guess I could reach out again, but I feel that if she was interested in coaching and getting involved in the sport again then she would’ve stepped up already. So my question/concerns are:

1.) Are my demands/needs for a coach too high or unreasonable?
    2.) Should I not be so worried since I am making progress, and the show date is still a year away?
    3.) What advice would you give on coaches? As I said, I’ve never competed before, but with every ounce of me I want it. I hope this is enough info to make everything clear!

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You sound like me. I've been lifting and 'dieting' for 10+ years, know what to do, etc but still want a 2nd pair of eyes and some guidance.

For me communication is a priority. I want my coach to reply to me within a reasonnable time frame, and also I feel like you shouldn't be reaching out again, if she's interested in coaching you she should let you know. Although since you're not paying her I would maybe message her back saying that you've notice that she's been MIA, and maybe suggest paying her if that makes a difference.

I've recently had this 'issue' with my trainer. Communication was an issue (for me) from the start but I went with it, and competed. I had great results and the plans were great. BUT he was often replying days later and etc. And that bothered me, as I am not a needy client. Fast forward my 1st show, it's been 2 months and I've yet to get a plan. He takes forever to reply so I'm moving on to another coach.

I would just trust your gut at this point. You need someone available for contest prep and also post-show. Maybe she's not the right trainer for you. But you still have plenty of time before your show and you could find another coach in the meantime, no rush.
    Mom of two boys. Natural competitor.

IDFA Pro Bikini
    UFE Elite Bikini/Fitness

klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was super helpful! Thank you!